Sonos Playbar

• Bass
  • Music
cgallich

cgallich

Great sounding bar with excellent software

Always had been more of a HiFi person and the thought of a soundbar seemed just not right.

When I moved into my new house I created a secondary small living area and decided to put a Sonos in there as all it had to do would be better than the tv speakers (not hard)

Surprised myself at how good the sound is for tv viewing with decent bass and clear vocals.

Even better is the Music playback via the app which is easy to use and streams flawlessly

So impressed I bought a Sonos one

Purchased in March 2019.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
honkas

honkasSouth East Queensland, QLD

great quality sound without all the hassles of wires

Never have to listen to the tv speakers again..

this device is slim and space saving.. wife appeal is high as it replaces my existing floorstanding/central speakers..

produces great sound.. simple setup.. just plug n play (will need Ethernet connection to setup) but once setup can use wifi..

pair with play 1 and sonos sub to enhance the audio to a surround sound setup..

doesn't have the new craze of google assistant, alexa or the like.. so can't be controlled via voice yet :P

Date PurchasedNov 2018
yoitsmoe

yoitsmoeBankstown

Amazing sound quality, app could use some improvements

So far Im really happy with my sonos system comprising of a playbar, sub and two small speakers.
Sound quality is just amazing even at high volume the sound is crystal clear.
The speakers themselves are sleek and

The app could definitely use some updates. I find it freezes and is a little slow.

other than that amazing speakers and i recommend them to all my friends.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Soundbars

Find out how Sonos Playbar compares to other Soundbars

Loniuboy

LoniuboyBooragoon

Great product but could be better

Bought a Sonos playbar and liked the first one so much we went back for another one.
Things we liked:
1. Very easy to use and setup
2. Excellent sound. We have small rooms and haven't ever needed to turn the volume up to halfway
3. Night sounds and speech enhancement is a great function as it allows you to watch a movie and not disturb someone in the next room. It decreases loud noises and increases voice volume
Things to improve:
1. Having only one optical output is very limiting and may mean you have to change between streaming mediums. Why not a hdmi connection ?
2. App is good but integration with YouTube and Spotify could be setup.

Other than that, very happy with our purchases.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
PeterB

PeterBPerth

Fantastically versatile but problematic to repair

Date PurchasedAug 2014
EffJay Lover

EffJay LoverPerth, WA

Awesome Sonos

I had a new Sonos soundbar and surround system installed into my new house. The quality is awesome. Highly recommend them. I have it wired up to my 55" screen and my outdoor audio system. We can split the music from room to room. LOVE IT.
I was not paid for this review.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

l1ammySydney

Clean, SImple, Quality Product

Geoff

Geoff

Nice (but expensive) soundbar.

Soundbars

Find out how Sonos Playbar compares to other Soundbars

Trent Dasked

Currently I have 5.1 running in the lounge. It’s big and bulky. I have no doubt the quality for theatre will be good. Music wise, I use a Bose sound dock in the loungeroom, which I would like to get rid of. How’s the sound quality on this? I won’t be heading out to buy the sub super quickly due to initial costs. Many thanks!

Murray G
Murray G

The sound from the sonos system is awesome we have the sound bar in front of the TV a sub woofer and two surrounds. The sound bar connects to the TV with a optic cable and the whole sydney runs on WiFi and you can add lots of apps like Spotify, iTunes and your favourite radio stations from any where in the world. I do however get very frustrated with the system when the Internet goes out as you can't do anything with it then other than user it with the TV

Great. Thanks for the info

Dianeasked

Can I use my iPod with the Sonos playbar?

Lee W
Lee W

Yes if both are connected to the same wifi network. Sonos doesn’t have Bluetooth. It’s plays over WiFi.

Thank you.

kck

kckasked

I have the sound bar downstairs with a mini speaker at opposite end of room, sound is great very full. The speaker upstairs in bedroom sounds like 1/2 of a stereo system...getting predominatley background music and faint lyrics. Will adding another mini speaker in the bedroom give me fuller sound? At times I cannot even hear he lyrics....

gasp
gasp

I suspect there is interference between the mini speaker and the music source. Wiring or insulation material perhaps? Have you tried moving the equipment around? SONOS are very supportive so you could call them for advice.

Rizzle
Rizzle

You are comparing a commodore Hsv SSV supercharged to a base model 6 cylinder in this case.

The playbar has more speakers,lower Hz and better response rate plus you have another speaker for the rear.
So of course you will think the speaker sound in the bedroom is less than it should,because it is!
You are best to tune the smaller speaker to your room.

Or a stereo pair of play1 will most probably suit your needs in the bedroom.

CategorySoundbars