Sony Physical store

Sony Physical store

raj

rajVictoria

Don't Buy a SONY Android 4K TV

I bought the latest sony android TV from my local store and within 3 months, it started to restart automatically while watching. Reported this loop restarting under concierge warranty. It's been a month now and still they waiting to get the parts to repair it. It is bad that such a reputed Sony tv brand product is this much trouble even within 3 months of purchase. Go through all available reviews and think before you buy a sony product. Model: KD65X7500F ANDROID 4K UHD TV.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedSony KD65X7500F (65")

Artur Volonski

Artur VolonskiSydney, NSW

Simply horrible!!!

I bought Sony Bravia (model No: KDL65W850C) around three years ago for around $2000. Had 12 months factory warranty. After around 9 months the TV unit broke down. As it was under the warranty the technician fixed it. Two years later the TV unit broke down again. The SSS Electrotics technician came and charged $100 (5 minutes assessment). 3 days later I received a quote for $918. I had no choice but throw the TV unit out and buy a new one (different brand). A friend of mine had similar problem with Sony TV. Never will buy anything from Sony!!!

Store LocationBing Lee Hornsby

Seyed Damad

Seyed DamadSydney, NSW

Sony TV

My Sony TV as arrived give us hard time and start to show some sign of the crack around the R side I try to convince Sony costumer service to help me but they completely ignored my request and no sympathy and they put on hold while I explained to them on and on... not happy with Sony companies which declined to help and repair ... it’s not even one month of purchase and my money all wasted with this company and customer service awful... I recommend not to purchase any Sony items at all...

Product PurchasedSony TV
Poorly made.

Poorly made.Western Australia

Sony Brand Lost Its Shine

Bought a Sony 49inch UHD television 2 years ago. Fantastic picture, but, a month ago , the tv started to have purple areas on the top of the screen. I sent pictures of these to Sony Australia and they said it was too expensive to have repaired and offered me a 25% discount on a new television. I expected the tv to last longer than 2 years. Once a very trusted brand, but now I would think twice about buying any Sony product.

Scotty

ScottyCentral West, NSW

Great service, always open negation and price match....

Have been to the Sony Store Kiosk (Parramatta Westfields) on several occasions, yesterday's visit once again was very positive, easily matched a competitor price without any trouble, service was great, in/out in minutes. thank you once again.

Store LocationSony Store Kiosk Parramatta Westfields

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanPerth, WA

Disappointing Sony, not so Smart

So my Sony Smart TV is only about 8months old and good so far.
I am disappointed in the that Sony are not opting to keep up with other major competitors and updating some previous models to include Apple Airplay. 2019 TV’s will have it like other major brands but the other brands like LG & Samsung are updating software to some previous models from last year and in some cases even further back. Knowing this the next TV I buy I would more likely than not purchase another brand due to the care they show people who have purchased just out of the time frames for updates

Adam S.

Adam S.Illawarra, NSW

Sony "Not so smart" tv

Store LocationMyer

PETER

PETERSydney, NSW

They need a zero

I bought a headset from Sony in July 2018
The product should last at least 2 years...
it stoppped working after 9 months
I contacted sony.. because i bought it from Duty free Duabi (even though they are a legtimiate reseller) they denied me and said i need to contact duty free Dubai!

DO NOT BUY SONY!

IT is matter of time before they close shop!

Store LocationDubai Duty Free

Mark jones

Mark jonesSydney, NSW

Good until it failed after 12 months

Purchased Sony headphones June 2018.
Mainly because I held Sony as a good brand. Although it was hard to link with apple Bluetooth devices. Good sound for the price. But did not last just a week after the warranty end it failed to work. Retailer to me bad luck. Ended up a loss of $100

Store LocationJB Hi Fi
Alex

Alex

My brand new Sony TV stopped working properly after just 19 hours of use

I used to be a big fan of Sony products - had three TV's, computer and headphones before and all was good. That's why I decided to choose Sony again to get a new TV. Got my new BRAVIA KD-65X8500F from JB-HiFi on March, 9 2019 and it stopped working properly after just 19 hours of use. What happened with picture quality is clearly visible on photos. Contacted Sony Customer Service and was offered a repair, waiting for it to be arranged. Although having my TV to be repaired is not something appealing and I would prefer to exchange it for a new unit. Nevertheless, the trust to Sony brand is already lost and now it's not associated with quality for me anymore.

Linda - Queensland

Linda - QueenslandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service is the pits

My 2 month old 55” tv wouldn’t turn on so Customer Support emailed me instructions to check if the remote was faulty. It appears so. Have been waiting over a week now for a replacement despite being told it would arrive in 2 business days. Have now received an email with a StarTrack tracking code which does not work. Rang Customer Service again and got no joy whatsoever. I will never buy another Sony product ever again. I understand that things sometimes go wrong, but the follow-up service is appalling.

Product Purchased55” smart TV

RustyFX

RustyFXPerth, WA

Bad product , Bad Service, buyer beware

My Bravia Tv is less than 3 years old and stopped working. Paid $1800 for a 65 inch. More than 1 month later I am still waiting for the technician to come out and fix the problem.
They have ordered parts without coming out and checking the TV first so must be a problem they know about.
When I tried to make a complaint the offshore help centre was useless and I felt I was going around in circles.
Now I am stuck with no TV, unknown when it will get fixed, useless even calling help centre.
I would never buy another Sony TV again!!
My LG is still going strong after 10 years.

Ben

BenIllawarra, NSW

Absolute rubbish broken after 2.5 years

Brought a Sony 65 “tv for $1800 thinking Sony was a quality brand.
Watched it a few hours a day,after two and a bit years the main board blew up and then the panel.
To fix the panel was going to be $1400,Sony offered me a discount on a new tv that was going to save me $180 then if I were to walk in off the street to Harvey Norman and purchase one.
Don’t waste your money I purchased Samsung this time and I’m sure after reading reviews on the Samsung I should have it a lot longer then 2.5 years!

Store LocationBing lee

Steve C

Steve CWestern Australia

Extremely poor customer service

Product PurchasedSony Bravia EX650 Series

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Another Sony TV which has broken

My 75” TV broke after less than 3 years of use. Sony did offer to repair it after a little fight, but the repair has now caused a new problem. Trying to get it repaired a second time, but they aren’t getting back to me. Really annoying, as Sony is supposed to be a quality brand, and I need to take time off work to be at home to meet a repairman. They make terrible TVs, and putting Android on them is a cause of the failures reported.
Sony customer support gave me a 40% discount voucher for use in their store, but that only gets me to JB Hi-Fi pricing. And I’d NEVER buy another Sony product again.

S.F

S.FSydney

Absolute disappointment, I will never buy a Sony product again

I bought two X9000E TV's, 65" and 75". Both units have issues out of the box. One of which was completely dead on arrival. It has now been almost a month and a half and Sony still hasn't rectified the issue. After many phone calls as well as sending them a letter of demand, which hasn't been answered, I have now taken the matter to Fair trading. My advice for whoever is reading, if you're thinking of buying a Sony product, think again. Once they take your money, they don't care at all anymore.