Sony HDR-PJ820E/B

Sony HDR-PJ820E/B

Reliable

Bought this camera for Christmas about 2 years ago, I haven't had a single drama with it, I love the option to manually focus everything with the knob on the left bottom of the camera. I am able to transfer things easily. The camera is always about as steady as a tripod with the ability to connect your phone to your camera for far away recordings and pictures in case your trying to get a sneaky shot ;)
Very good and as the title says reliable. Its worth the money

Easy to use, many good features

It's been 16 years since I bought a video camera, so it was time to upgrade. I bought the Sony camcorder from Sony Australia's online shop. Delivery- 2 days. I wanted to film some steam trains passing my place and this camera didn't disappoint. This camcorder has balanced optical steady shot whereby the lens moves independently of the camcorder body so the footage taken is always steady.

I can record to a memory card or to the on board 64GB memory. There is dual capture where I can take a photo whilst shooting a video. The still image recording is done at 24.5 mega pixels. There is "My voice cancelling" whereby it only targets the sounds of what you're filming and the sound can be in 2 channel or 5.1 surround sound. There is a projector which can project images or video.

It has an LED screen but also a colour viewfinder which is vital in my opinion for once in bright sunlight the view of what you're shooting in the LED screen is near impossible to see. The Sony G lens has 12x optical and 160x digital.
You can transfer images or video to a smartphone or other devices by use of the built in WiFi.
I edited my video footage on a free download from the net as the camcorder records in MP4 format. Windows Movie Maker is able to do it but close up panning shots will be very jerky. So dedicated MP4 editing software is needed.
To sum up I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to many years of use with the PJ820E.