Sony HT-CT790

Sony HT-CT790

MPN: HTCT790

Works better than expected

Bought it after replacing my 8 years old sumsung 55" tv with a Sony KD75X8500D a year ago. The tv built-in speakers works ok but the addition of the soundbar gives a much better experience. Of course it can be compared to a proper 5.1 or 7.1 home theater setup in a house but this space-saver soundbar sits stylishly in my small city apartment. The soundbar connects to the tv via HDMI ARC and the tv remote works on the soundbar so saved the fuss of using two remotes. Sound quality is average just like other soundbars. The Sony manual says the soundbar can connect another satellite speakers to create a 5.1-like setup but only limited to particular Sony satellite speakers. Overall it is a good soundbar for its price and quality.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A waste of money!

As I do not have the space for a multi-speaker home theatre set up, I purchased this Sony Soundbar.
Whilst music & movies are supposedly brought to life in the volume & clarity with this Soundbar, this was NOT the case with the one I purchased.
Whether it was not connected correctly by the JB-HiFi Installation Team or not, I sadly returned the product for a refund! It certainly did not enhance the quality nor the sound, compared to my Television Speakers alone!
Buy a surround sound system if you can afford it & have the space!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2016