Sony MDRXB550APB (Black)

Sony MDRXB550APB (Black)

MPN: SNY-MDRXB550APB

See the Best Wired Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pinkay

PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good sound quality

My friends bought this for me as a birthday gift and i love this so much! The sound quality is great and it is convenient to bring it around. Would definitely recommend it!

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Charlotte

CharlotteMelbourne

loves it

the sound is really good in quality, especially sound in base, I use it everyday as it is quite convenient. But one of the thing is that is is a bit heavy, it makes my neck hurt sometimes, would recommend to people who does not want to buy a too expensive one. I like how it looks, it's with a simple and modern design which I loves it. The price is also very reasonable.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Nick H

Nick HPerth

Great sound and quality

A great set of headphones at an excellent price! We use them all the time to listen to records and also when playing our digital piano. Have found the sound to be good across various genres of music from heavy to laidback stuff and the bass is particularly impressive. They fit well and the quality is what you would expect from a Sony product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Maharshian

MaharshianAdelaide

One of the best in the price range.

I have been using this headphones for around a year now, and it has became an essential part of my travelling. The noise quality is very good. Also, it is very comfortable to wear. However, sweating at the area under the headphones been the biggest problem for me about this headphones. Other than that it is been a great pair of the headphones.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Kathy

KathySydney

Perfect headphones for my teenager

These are perfect headphones for my teenager, the price is good and the cords seem to be durable enough not to snap after a couple of months. The sounds quality is great and they are really built to last. They are comfortable on the ears and no issues using them at all.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Blue_Daisy

Blue_DaisySydney

Comfortable and releiable

I love these headphones, they are very comfortable on the ears, they do not pull and sit on the ears nice and snug. I do not get tired of wearing them for a long time and I cannot feel that they are pulling down with their weight. The quality of the sound is good, however, I am not sure if they have any noise canceling capabilities. I would recommend them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Sonia

SoniaSydney

Good quality and built to last

I did some research online before buying these headphones, however, when I went o JB HiFi the range was very good and I could talk to a consultant there and selected eactly what I needed. I like that these are very durable and also very comfortable on my ears, they have a good sound as well and no disturbances. I would gladly recommend them.

Suzy

SuzySydney

Comfortable and durable

I bought these mid-range headphones for my 9-year-old son who likes to play Roblox and watch you-tube. He keeps using phone compatible headphones for a long time and the cords always used to snap and break within a matter of a couple of months. These are more durable and will not break that easily. They are also very comfortable the way they sit on his ears.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Johan1

Johan1Geelong

Quality Sony Headphones

These lovely mid range Sony headphones really suit me. I wear headphones a lot so physical comfort is important to me and these are very light which is good. Sound quality is a nice blend and tuning is not to much empasis n bass which is good as it can get a bit tedious. They are Sony quality so I expect many years use.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
banban

banbanSydney

Decent headphones: great sound for price but a little uncomfortable.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Yee

Yee3012

This is perfect!

Nice audio, feels nice when listening to music. The bass is the best and and has a really deep bass lines. The ear pads are really soft and comfortable to wear for a long period of time. The design of the flat cable is really clever because it prevents tangling which is quite a problem with other headphones.

Alex

AlexSA, 5000

It is OK

Well, considering its price I think it works OK. The feeling of the plastic building is not very comfortable but still acceptable. Anyway, cannot expect a cheap headphone do more than what that price offers. It is fair to give an OK comment about this product, that is my personal opinion.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Ricky ticky

Ricky tickyIdk

Reliable is all that is needed to be said

This specific brand of Sony is trustworthy and great. The headset is light and has great audio quality for the prices available. If you want to watch videos, listen to music, talk to friends, play games, it can do all of that. It may not be turtle beach or hyper X or beats but it does a great job. I have had these for a couple of years now and I've never had a problem with quality. It is a tad loose but that's just me being clumsy hear and there.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

KJ23

KJ23Melbourne

Great for kids and adults

We bought these for our son as we travel a lot and wanted something that would last and that would be comfortable for long flights. These headphones have been fantastic and out 3.5 year old. Son loves them. They are a great size for kids and adults and are very comfortable on your head.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Lilya

LilyaSydney

Good sound and they are built well to last

I am happy with the headphone, THese Sony headphones are built to last, the Quality is good and the sound is great as well. The price is ok but could have been better. I have purchased them from JB HI-FI and I am happy with my purchase. I have used them almost every day since the day I purchased them and they are still the same. They are a good purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Luke K

Luke KPerth

Excellent sound quality and comfortable wear for its price!

I purchased these headphones 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with my purchase. I paid a little over $60 at JB Hi-fi when it was on special, and am very impressed with the sound quality and how comfortable it feels around my ears and head. These headphones have padding at the top of the head and are padded well for the ears, which is something I usually have trouble with. You won't be disappointed in purchasing these headphones, they are well worth the investment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

john2

john2Sydney

Great as entry point earphones and durable enough for children.

My 7 ear old child likes to use this new set of earphones. They are light to have on, have good sound and I cannot expect him to twist the cords & break them in a month like he did to so many other earphones that I purchased in the past. This set is a good combination of quality and price and would recommend it!

Remi

RemiBrisbane

very good sound

Although these are not the most attractive headphones, they sound amazing! I have always used ear buds before but now that I have bought these headphones I would much rather use these. The stereo sound is very clear. They are also very comfortable and do not give me a head ache after using them for a long time.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hannah

HannahMelbourne

Good but not great

Bought these for an overseas trip, regretting not getting noise-cancelling or bluetooth but these still did a good job. Wish they would either fold up or have a case to make it easier for traveling. Okay for their price but wouldn't recommend as I feel like it's worth paying more for a better product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017