See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I can't believe the sound that comes out of this thing

This is my 3rd portable device. Used cheapies before and thought they were all the same. Used somebody else's Sony and thought I'd give it a go. I picked up this model at a great price.
The sound quality and easy use is incredible!

Purchased in September 2019 at Catch.com.au for $90.00.

Such good sound for such a small speaker

We love this and use it everyday, we even take it with us when we travel so we can play our beats on holiday. Great sound! Also the battery charge lasts really well.

Purchased in April 2017.

Back to Bassics for Listening Pleasure

The previous model of the amazing Sony SRS-XB30 (shown) was not on my list when I went shopping in June 2017! However, I am thrilled to own it! This amazing speaker box reproduces bass frequencies I didn't know were on albums that I have played for many years! It goes perfectly with my portable DVD player - and my Sony Notebook, which can connect to this box without a cable, if necessary! Mobile phones with Bluetooth will also, by looking for the icon onscreen! A later version is now available!

Date PurchasedJun 2007

Very happy

Loads of bass which can be a little muddy at times but I use an equaliser to clear it up a bit. My thought is that bass can be trimmed to suit but you run into problems trying to overdrive the speaker to get the bass. No probs with this speaker.

Great speaker with tons of battery and charger for usb devices. Water resistant. I paid $110aud.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great little speaker

There are quite a few portable speakers to choose from and it can be quite daunting to know which one is good. The Sony SRS-XB30 was quite heavily discounted making this speaker a competitive option when measured against some of the other brands.

Sony has always been known to produce a good deep bass sound with most of their audio products. For its size this speaker does not disappoint, producing an unexpectedly good bass sound and an overall good quality sound. The bass is good for up to 50% of the volume output but beyond this it begins to struggle, however, the speaker does not distort on full volume. It is however not as loud as some other speakers of equivalent size, for example the equivalent size in the Bose range, but then you are paying a fair bit more for the likes of Bose. The extra-bass button is a redundant feature as I don’t see why anyone would want to turn off the bass.

The size is ideal particularly if you are after something that is truly portable and can easily fit in a travel bag, unlike the larger model, the SRS-XB40 which is slightly too large and therefore problematic when trying to fit within a bag amongst other items. Battery life is good allowing the unit to be used for a whole day before requiring a recharge. The Sony app allows multiple speakers to be played at once which is a nice feature if you choose to buy another speaker or know someone who also has one.

It has a USB port which unfortunately seems to only charge other devices and not provide an option for a music source.

The colourful LED display is a nice touch and the white strobe light can be a bit too much;but can be turned off using the app. There are some issues with pairing function in that when paired and operating it can be interrupted by another unconnected device that is nearby and being used. Another annoying aspect is that the clicking noises from the use of a paired iphone is played through the speaker - however, this can be addressed through the settings in the phone.

Overall a very good speaker and one worth the purchase price, particularly when bought on sale.

Date PurchasedAug 2017