Sony WH-1000XM3

• Noise Cancellation
craig

craigWestern Australia

CRACKLING IN LEFT EAR

i bought these 3 months ago and they are really good but im getting a static crackling in left headphone and it stops when noise cancelling is turned off now i will be taking them back as there is no point owning a pair if i cant use the NC..... UPDATE i tryed to return them to HARVEY NORMAN and i got the we need to test them before we send to sony who will test them if theres a problem you get a store credit NOT A NEW PAIR

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

Julie

Julie

OK if you only want to use it wirelessly.

The sound quality, noise cancelling and comfort are all great. I find the charging cord and the audio cord (for times when you want to be plugged in) frustratingly short. Seriously...no one wants to sit that close to their device or computer. And when you need to charge it, the charging point needs to be <10cm from a surface that the headphones can sit on because the cord is so short. Whilst not not a tech issue with the device it is annoying enough that I won't purchase again.

Purchased in January 2020.

Cyriax

CyriaxSydney

An excellent pair of headphones, *if* you're able to get a pair without manufacturing issues.

Purchased in March 2019.

Wireless Headphones

Find out how Sony WH-1000XM3 compares to other Wireless Headphones

Bhavit Kansagara

Bhavit KansagaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

- Don't expect any sound quality you would otherwise get from wired headphones
- Good for convenience
- User friendly app to help configure the headphone
- Not impressed with quality when calling or receiving

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$275.00.

Noise Cancellation

Great noise cancelling and sound, poor bluetooth connection and controls

I have a pair of Bose QC35II as well, noise cancellation seems on par on both, you can feel the change of pressure with the QC35 which some people hate but not on the Sony which is great.
Happy with the sound, look at other reviews for more details.
Autonomy is good. Charges very quickly. Not a fan of the controls, I find clicky buttons way better and more intuitive. Works more reliably too, try it in shop before you buy those.
I found the bluetooth very unreliable in general, it cuts out regularly (with or without the quality vs connection setting in the app) which is awful. I also have to unpair and pair it again sometimes which I wouldn't mind, bluetooth is always a bit temperamental, but I never had to do this with my QC35.

Purchased in November 2018 at Noel Leeming for A$499.00.

George

GeorgeGreenway 2900, ACT

Amazing product that is missing a basic feature

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$399.00.

Sue

SueSydney

May be good but does not work on all of my devices, just some

I was expecting something better from Sony and seriously for the price, these headphones are not reliable. OUt of my 5 devices, I could only connect and run it on my laptop. When I connect to the All in one computer with a big screen that I wanted to use to watch content everything freezes and also takes time to connect. It is not a thing for everyone and does not work on all devices.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

SteveCentral Coast NSW

Awful phone call quality/ poor app.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Paul

Paulasked

WH1000XM3B (Black)

If two people want to watch the same TV program, can one person use the headphones while another can listen to the external volume of the TV at the same time?

Pranav Y.

Pranav Y.asked

WH-1000XM3

is the call quality any good?

Meli
Meli

I personally think the call quality is great. I use my headphones a lot for work and take heaps of calls a day and I’ve had absolutely no issues at all

Mary

Maryasked

WH-1000XM3

After owning them for 2 days, I tried mine for the first time on a plane. I am getting static as the plane takes off, very annoying. Landing is OK. Should I take them back or is this normal? Thanks everyone, Mary.

Compare both Sony WH-1000XM3
CategoryWireless HeadphonesWireless Headphones
Price (RRP) A$399.00A$399.00
TypeOver-EarOver-Ear
FeaturesMicrophone Included and Noise CancellingMicrophone Included and Noise Cancelling
Colour / FinishBlackSilver
Frequency Response4 Hz - 40 kHz4 Hz - 40 kHz
Weight255 g255 g
Battery Life30 hours30 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack and Bluetooth3.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Charging Time3 hours3 hours
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Replaced bySony WH-1000XM4Sony WH-1000XM4