Sony KD-55X7000F (55")

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great TV!!

Easy to navigate
Great Picture
Smart TV easy navigation
we have mounted on and seem light enough
also enough ports available.
All up very satisfied with this TV so far and also our kids love it

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $899.00.

Good picture quality

I am quite satisfied with the TV, given its price. The picture and sound quality is great. The YouTube app works perfectly, but it can be used only after a minute of turning on the TV. It has 3 HDMI ports, one on back and two on side which are more than enough. The remote is good, has a button for YouTube and Netflix and there is no lag in switching to another channel. Mirroring from smartphone over WiFi works fine, but sometimes it is laggy.

Purchased in November 2018 at Amazon for $895.00.

Sound Quality

It is perfect at least for my use

Some criteria before I bought this:
1. I don't like TV with high contrast. So I just skipped the OLED option and gave Samsung a pass.
2. We are looking for some affordable TV and we don't need a huge TV for our tiny bedroom. So bye OLED and we think 55" is the best.
3. Operation system doesn't matter for us. Because we have deeply invested in the Apple system with Macs, iPhones, iPads in our family, we decide to use Apple TV for general control and airplay device. In this case, the Android system that comes with most full-featured Smart TV doesn't matter.

The trigger was the special price from Amazon AU (≤ 800AUD with shipping) and we really like the Sony brand.

After using it for 2 months, my partner and I both love it because:
1. It supports 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR). The color looks so real with more details. Compared with the 4K Standard Dynamic Range (SDR), you might need some time to adjust to it (because it looks washed out compared with the unnatural high-contrast color in SDR). But trust me, you can never go back.

2. It can detect your device when you connect it. Maybe it is a common feature now but it was not on my last TV. So every time I connect my Nintendo switch on the dock, the TV will be automatically switched on (if it is off) and changed the input to the game console. It is so easy.

3. The sound is superb. We have two Sonos one speakers but sometimes we even feel the TV has better sound than those speakers, especially when we watch documentaries and TV programmes.

4. The included OS is rubbish. It looks like the last century technology and has been abandoned for good. But we use Apple TV anyway.

So for now, I am very contented with this purchase. I know there are lots of high-end technologies in the industry, but I don't want to pay a premium for those marginal advances.

Purchased in January 2019 at Amazon for $786.00.