See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect

Love my tv that’s it perfect tv everything I need all the latest features
am very satisfied with the operating system as it is andriod system

Purchased in April 2018 for $1,800.00.

Sound Quality

This is the best TV i've ever bought

This Tv is very good and comes with a very high-quality resolution and many many ports. I would highly recommend any buying this TV because of its high resolution and is suitable for anyone.

Purchased in April 2018 at Aidacare Physical store for $600.00.

this is a good product

-it is a smart tv, i am very satisfied with the operating system as it is andriod system
- i am very satisfied with this tv's features and controls
-i did not try bluetooth and wireless connectivity of the tv
-it has 4 hdmi ports

Purchased in September 2018.

Sound Quality

One of best value of money

Every thing is good at this price tag. Great image quality, various functions as it is android system so you can install whatever apps as long as they are available in Play store. Sound quality below 2018 average though. Great to watch movies and sports. If you have special need for audio quality then a sound bar is a must investment. All in all a great buy at and you will not regret at this TV.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,094.00.

Sound Quality

Perfect TV with a perfect price tag

Perfect TV for the money.

Picture quality is very good and the sound is decent.

Get a soundbar to get an amazing theatre experience.

Overall I am very satisfied and have never found any problem with the TV.

Purchased in December 2018.

Amazing value 65" TV

I purchased the TV last September for ~$1500, and it's been doing great. While it's not as crisp as an OLED screen, it's nonetheless very bright and the 4K screen provides a noticeable difference in clarity over a 1080HD screen.

The stock android provided is fast and responsive, but sometimes prone to connectivity issues with WIFI, resulting in having to forget and reconnect to a WIFI address, but this can easily be fixed using an ethernet cable which can be plugged into the back I/O of the TV. The remote controller could be a bit better designed, as the buttons for home screen, tv and a few other functionalities are very closely packed, which can result in pressing the wrong button.

The I/O on the back of the TV is plentiful, with an ethernet port as mentioned before, 3 HDMI ports and the usual audio input/ output. One flaw with the I/O is that it's all on the left of the PC, meaning your cables need to reach around to the back left which could possible interfere with an TV mounts etc.

Overall, a great TV for it's value, 8/10

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,528.00.

Great TV. Big and sharp.

Bought the TV back in Dec 18 for $1200. Excellent TV considering the price and brand.

Picture quality is great (with 4K) and the sound quality is also very good.

I am placing it in the living room with sofa around 3m away.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,200.00.

Brilliant.

Wonderful television for the money. A shame they are no longer made. All smart functions work flawlessly and the television itself is easy to operate and navigate through the menus.

Build quality, picture quality, sound quality and software are all very good as you would expect from a Sony. The only real improvement would be better speakers but that is a common trend with modern TV's and not at all a negative about this particular unit.

The remote control is large and confidence instilling. When you press the buttons - something happens.

Connected via wifi and I have had zero issues or concerns so far in 3 odd months of ownership.

A brilliant TV that does everything the everyday consumer could want from a television.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,575.00.

All The Modern Features and Quality

I bought this just after Christmas as when I got home from holidays, my old plasma TV's power supply board decided to pack it in. It didn't have all the mod cons that the newer TV had (attach a hard drive, apps, wifi connectivity and internet services) and the price to repair was astronomical, so off to see what was available. Budget was around $1000 (this came in just under $1200) but the fact it had an Android operating system was the clincher as I was particularly interested in the apps for streaming.
The TV boasts a 55" screen, 4K resolution, slim outer frame, 4x HMDI ports, 3x USB ports, optical out, connects to wifi via 2.4G + 5 GHz, works with Alexa and Google chrome cast. The actual operating system has 16GB of onboard storage for apps, but only 2GB of RAM left for running apps. I don't have a lot of apps running on the TV (only Kodi) and I haven't had the TV operating system fall over or run slow due to running out or low of memory.
Putting the legs on proved difficult if you're a one man band. So the missus had to hold it one end while I attached the leg at the other. Once that was done, the other was breeze, then lifted the unit into place. I didn't worry about using the covers on the legs to hide the cords, it really doesn't bother me considering there's other wires around. There's also safety straps included to attach to the wall so little handles don't actually pull the TV onto their themselves (as can happen with TV's of this size).
With 4 HDMI inputs, I've now changed all the video switching functions to the TV (previously through the amp) and just connect the audio out of the TV to the amplifier. While it's got a lot of inputs, they are only available on the back of the unit - nothing on the front for easy ad hoc connections. Trying to do the reach around to connect anything extra proves difficult and quite frankly dangerous as I've nearly knocked it several times trying to do this. It should have at the very minimum one USB and a HDMI input in easy reach for USB sticks and quick connections. I don't want to go behind every time I want to connect a random piece of gear for a few minutes/hours. Thankfully, the amplifier I use does. I'm not entirely sure why there's 3 USB inputs. What can you connect? You can't record, only playback (that's 1). A keyboard or mouse (2). Maybe a keyboard and a mouse (2+3)? Everything else uses HDMI and rest can connect via wifi.
I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control various TV/audio devices and works well with this TV. Changing over the remote to work with the Sony was very simple and works flawlessly. Most functions are available with the buttons for everyday use. I haven't had to get the supplied remote out of the drawer for anything yet.
So how does it look? Well, it depends. Using a 4K Panasonic Bluray player, the picture quality is excellent. DVDs and normal free to air looks great (I also run a Humax box for extra recording capabilities). Streaming is where it gets interesting. Some shows, depending on how they're encoded (even at the same resolution) can vary. At 720p, MP4 codecs seem to be a bit choppy, while X264 seems to be a bit more consistent. X264 at 480p works, but can look a little weird depending on the background. I haven't tried the Motionflow XR functions of the TV yet, it's something I need to look more into (maybe I did but I didn't find adding anything significant to the experience).
As I said previously, I bought this specifically because of the android operating system and to run apps. As the TV has no capability itself to stream (like DLNA), I need comparability with my streaming server (a QNAP TS453 pro). Installing apps from google store (once set up) is pretty easy. The only thing I would suggest is turn off auto update as changing app versions can play havoc with your day to day experience (it updated to a new version of Kodi that didn't have skins available and stuffed it for a few weeks and wasn't able to revert back). I normally use Kodi as my streaming front end (although there's numerous other apps). It works pretty well on the TV (apart from a few file types where it seems to be a bit slow). I get the occasional crash (maybe once a month), but I think it's more due to the skin than the app. Google search using your voice works pretty well and I'd imagine you could hook up a wireless keyboard through one of the USB ports to make it even quicker. Online streaming services come as standard and easy to use if you've got the subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon prime etc).
Connection between devices uses a little thing called HDMI-CEC. What this does is if you have a compatible device, the TV can control it (turn it on etc) and get it ready when you switch between inputs. Personally, I've turned this off as my Blueray player has the capability and it's a pain. Every time you turn it off and switch inputs, the TV commands it and next thing it's switched back (and keeps doing it until you turn the device off). It's like it's possessed (the power of Christ compels you)!
As for the TV function, I like the TV guide menu however I still tend to use the Humax for recording as I can record 4 channels at once, plus I can transfer files off it if I want to keep them as they're not encoded with any proprietary formats. The letdown also, is that you can't use a HDD to record programs (WTF Sony)? The info says you can't and because I use my other box, haven't tried it.
The included sound and speakers sound fine if that's all you have. Personally I run it out through an optical cord and play back through a Yamaha amplifier which has it's own Dolby and cinematic sound choices.
Having wifi connectivity, updating apps and the operating firmware is a breeze. Just go into system settings and select update. The unit checks and if needed, installs the new firmware. Simples.
Overall, I think it's good unit and very pleased with the purchase.
Pros:
- Runs android for heaps of app choices
- 4K Ultra resolution
- Easy to use and operate
- Relatively light compared to older units
- Plenty of HDMI inputs (4)
- Has sound out capabilities
- 5Ghz wifi connectivity
- Easy firmware updates.
Cons:
- A little choppy with streaming files depending on encoding (not due to streaming speed
- Can't recording TV shows
- HDMI-CEC doesn't work as well as expected
- Inputs are only on the back only (no front USB, HDMI or S video connections
- Auto app update on by default. Turn it off.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,195.00.

Great t.v

My sister has just got one and it is awsome great quality t.v highly recommended it looks good sounds great it is to good for its price so if you ever consideron buying new t.v well here ya go.

Purchased in February 2018 at Aidacare Physical store for $1.50.

Perfect TV... almost

No doubt there are better TVs out there, but you pay double price for little bit better experience.

This TV is about good value for money - It delivers.

For my purposes the TV is more than adequate. General free-to-air, YouTube and Netflix.

Good:
- Great sound and picture quality (for the price)
- The physical unit seems to be of good quality.
- Lots of included apps, especially love the onetouch Netflix button
- Generous connectivity options
- Price

Bad:
- Remote control plastic feels cheap compared to older Sony TVs. Does the job fine and functions as it should, but un-acceptable for something bearing the Sony name.
- Software is randomly flakey eg. some web app functions suddenly stop working/lag. Simple work around is to turn off the tv and disconnect from the power point for a few seconds and restart the TV. Not a fault of the TV hardware itself, but most likely the software (apps). Hopefully new app updates will fix this.

Purchased in December 2018 at Sony Online store for $1,500.00.

Sound Quality

No Need for Sound bar, Best 4K Smart TV ever!

Most TV's I have researched have at least one flaw in common. The sound. The speakers are always placed facing the floor, so it's never loud enough or clear enough. Not with this TV. They really thought this through, by placing them in a funnel/speaker cone angled towards the people watching the TV (and NOT the floor). Most of the shows I watch I don't even go above 25, and when I am playing at night (kid and wife sleeping), I can still hear the game clearly on 5!!!

All the other features are great!! Smart TV and all the necessary apps to make it!! Setup is a breeze!! The OS is proper Android TV (not the crappy OS on the Kogan Smart TV's). Bluetooth remote means you don't have to be pointing directly at the TV.

Love this TV.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $995.00.

Best TV !

Our other TV recently broke so we had to buy a new one and got a great deal for this. I can honestly say it's better than the one we had. Volume is a lot louder and the picture is very good. The best thing about this TV is that it is andriod so easily links up to our phone and has heaps of features. One great feature is at the touch of a button you can ask the TV to open apps, play a video or even tell you the weather !

Great Television ! .

We previously owned a Sony limited smart capabilities television which we upgraded to this Sony Smart TV . The older television still works perfectly after about 7 years so we hoped the Sony quality was still at the same high standard . We weren’t disappointed, the television has a beautiful crisp display and enough ports to plug in several gaming consoles as well as a surround sound system . The convenient access Netflix button and ABC iview shortcut on the remote control is a bonus for the kids who don’t have to try and navigate the entire system to find the apps.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Super Quality Android TV from Sony!!

Great new Android TV from Sony. The smart TV feature is fast and very easy to use. The picture quality is truly awesome. Comes pre-installed with common apps such as NetFlix, Stan, Youtube etc and you can pretty much install any app you want from the Google Play Store. The sound quality is just stunning. Unlike many other big-screen TV's you wont need any additional sound-bar at all. If you have a good wifi modem and nbn internet, you can just stream 4K content via wifi without any need to connect LAN cables. Look out for specials at The Good Guys/JB Hi-Fi/BingLee or their official eBay stores to get it at a bargain price!

Love it!

We love that it is user friendly. Of course the great picture does not hurt either. :).
We are pleased as punch with this product.
The voice command is easy and accurate, too. In fact, the programmer obviously has a sense of humour with some of the answers to questions.

Best TV Ever

I had has a teac 3d android in the past, that was so slow, my recent purchase last Friday could of not gone any happier. This tv runs so smoothly, well priced for a 100hz Android TV. It also works with Google home, plus has a built in chromecast. 4 HDMI ports, where other are lucky to have 2 or 3.

Good 4K TV at a Reasonable Price

I bought this set from Bing Lee via their eBay site at a 20% discount, so I consider it a value purchase. Set-up was fairly easy and the supports easy to attach. The unit only weighs 12kg so isn't difficult for one person to handle.
The picture and sound are both good although not spectacular. It is best to adjust the default picture settings for the best viewing experience eg. changing the output mode to 'vivid' from 'standard' makes the picture pop. And changing the motion flow to 'smooth' seems to help foreground definition. Some may disagree but it's to my liking.
The device uses Android OS and provides apps for all of the Australian free to air and subscription streaming services, in addition to Google Play Store, Play Movies, Music and Games. Videos, photos and music are also playable via an external USB drive. A wide range of video and audio file formats are supported. It's best to perform a software update before exploring the Home app page, as the interface is slightly different after updating. The only downside I've found is there doesn't seem to be a product manual available - not that it's really needed, but nice to have. It also doesn't have a recording function (via external HDD), but I don't find this a disadvantage because I have an external recorder.