See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great for movies and Netflix HD

Did not regret buying the Sony KD55X8500 for my movie nights, the hd picture quality is exceptional, you could even see the skin hair on HD movies on Netflix! With the hdmi option I could connect my soundbar and enhance more of the audio. The Bluetooth connection is a breeze as well, connected my headset if I want to watch my tv series at nights. Overall this smart tv is the best I bought so far!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,295.00.

Great Tv! Picture quality is quite good for the price

Great range of apps to use.
Picture quality is great and 4K content plays wonderfully.
Have been impressed with tv since purchase, easy to use menus and 4 hdmi ports makes it handy for external devices.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,900.00.

Good smart tv

Not your top of the range but picture quality is excellent. Great Apps pre loaded on to tv so very good smart tv. Although there has been times where it was a bit slow but it is a older tv.

Purchased in October 2016 at Bing Lee Online store for $2,999.00.

Sound Quality

Great picture quality. One of the best TVs we have used so far

Easy to use, great picture quality and looks good. I always used LG TVs but due to the size we were after, I had to go Sony and we are glad that we did. Bright panel and almost as good as direct the lit. We are satisfied

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $6,500.00.

Terrific TV - better than I expected

The built in Android TV is great, not laggy at all and a real pleasure - a total surprise.

The sound is about as I expected- not that great - I will need to add a soundbar to it soon - it is acceptable though. Standard for TVs these days I guess ?

The picture is terrific, I was a bit dubious on whether I'd notice 4K and if it'd be worth it. But I definitely do, and it's great. There is now quite a bit of 4k on Netflix & Amazon Prime - so I have been enjoying this a lot.

The TV does have a good wifi antenna, so I havent had to wire it into the house. My previous Samsung TV had a dodgy wifi antenna which meant that I did have to have it wired in - despite being in the same exact spot.

The remote is fairly well thought out, with the dedicated Netflix button. I do miss my backlit Samsung remote though. The Play Pause button could have been larger, and with some rubberised markers on it to help with pausing in the dark.

Overall though, very impressed - the TV is far better than I had expected it to be.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

TV Junkie

Really love my Sony 85”. The picture clean and sharp and the apps are great. I would love if it had the foxtel go app but seems it’s not available on this or any other however casting is easy on the Sony so I am very happy.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Great Colour

I bought this TV just to update, the picture is great the colour is very vibrant, do have to ready the help section to setup my new smart TV though.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $998.00.

What a POS

We bought this TV recently. On first glance it's all good. 2 mths later we've started to notice the bugs and quirks. It's a hot day today in Melbourne. Air con is on but can't get reception on the tv. Re-ran the tuning program on full auto scan and it only picks up 16 channels. (Half of these are audio only). NOT IMPRESSED! So we thought we'll watch a movie off a usb stick, easy right? NO!! If you want to change from 1 movie to another on the usb you have to unplug then reinset the stick to get to menu. We have an old PANGOO tv that is more user friendly than this garbage that Sony flog. I argued against a Sony after owning a Z3 phone a few years back and lost out. Now my partner is frustrated with me because Sony sell garbage that is frustrating and poorly made. I must say that at Netflix works, otherwise there would mayhem. Tried calling a helpline. Sony is only open Mon-Fri. Not even a call help centre in Mumbai. Sony you've lost another customer to your competitors. Well Done

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

Crystal Clear

Stunning clear image! We are bowled over at how clear the image and sound is with our new tv! We got this for a good deal as well so we have ended up with a stunning tv at a good price

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,086.00.

Another bad one.

This television was a warranty replacement for an earlier Sony tv and this one has issues as well. This model number has software issues especially when trying to play movies from another source. Trying different apps to play them and still trouble. The help at Harvey Norman in store was good but their follow up was nil. Sony is hard to get help from as well. We're off to buy a new television tomorrow and it definitely wont be a Sony. Sony is being downgraded to our playroom!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store.

Sound Quality

TV is good when watching HD channels

I haven’t used this tv much since purchase but it was easy to set up and is slim and not too bulky.

I find the picture on normal channels more blurry compared to our 65” LG tv. Understand the bigger the tv the worse the picture so not sure if it’s good or bad though as I don’t have another tv the same size to compare it to. That’s just my first impression - there is a noticeable difference in picture quality.

When watching HD channels the picture is much better.

Sound quality is good without needing to buy a sound bar or anything.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Immersive and clear, When size matters...

Bought this just after Black Friday when there was 20% off Sony, glad I did and perhaps still would’ve anyway it is the best overall 85” smart TV available in Australia, in my opinion anyway.
Really impressed overall eventhough I based my decision on the tailored content in store which we all know is enhanced though I did compare it to other 80”+ TV’s at HN with Live Free To Air content which helped me decide this was the one. Samsung was very good though the Sony has the edge particularly colour accuracy and motion smoothness.
There are not really any reviews of this particular 85” version of the X8500F and many will gauge its merits based on reviews of the smaller 75”, 65” and 55” sizes in this range hence, they are edge lit and not direct lit which helps the panel maintain more even brightness and enhance its contrast levels, especially blacks and shadow details in darker scenes etc.
Please keep this in mind if and when researching as this 85” model is the best one in the X8500F
Model range due to its direct lit panel.
The X9000F is better in smaller sizes with the advantage of local dimming as well as being a direct backlit panel like this 85” (which is a VA panel as well I believe).
I was also considering the 75 X9000F for its local dimming though I preferred the larger 85” screen in the X8500F.
It has the X1 chip not he the X1 Extreme of the X9000F eventhough it still handles fast moving scenes very smoothly and clearly while the colours are beautifully vibrant and natural.
It also upscales older DVDs and content excellently. That being said it’s 4K content and Blue Rays that are phenomenal and where this screen shines, like wow!
Black levels are excellent for an LED with frame dimming, hence though it performs better in a room with some ambient light or during the day instead of a pitch black room, this is where OLED would be superior but it has its cons as well.
We don’t turn the lights out anyway and believe it or not this screen is awesome during the day which was a concern, glad to to say not anymore.
The key with this screen is to make an effort to learn what the picture controls do and adjust the settings in order to achieve the best picture.
Suprisingly good up close for a massive screen and also better than any LED I’ve seen viewing it from a side angle.
Screen glare is also very good as we have windows on both sides and behind our seating position.
The settings menus and apps are fairly standard and yes, the Android OS can be a lil sluggish at times but it’s fine for the most part and fairly simple which helps.
It has NETFLIX YouTube etc on board and you can download additional apps from Google Play Store.
Connectivity is fairly standard with 4 HDMI ports, optical digital, Ethernet and legacy composite and RGB component connection for older legacy decives like the old VCR or Super Nitendo!
BTW haven’t tried PS or XBOX but just know that it will be awesome.
Overall if you’re looking for a screen this size for watching movies,sport and just overalI anything really I’d highly recommend this screen as it is a great all rounder and a no brainer if you can get it under 5K.
The only other LED screens of similar size available in AU that I would consider as of late 2018 would be the Sony X9000F and the Samsung Q9 both only 75” sizes.
If the 85” X9000F was available in AU (as it is in the US) I would of bought that instead albeit at perhaps twice the price!
Size mattered more to me and at the price of 4.5k the Sony 85” X8500F was a no brainer.
There are better screens available just not in this gigantic 85” size and this is the best available right now.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great for 4K gaming

I bought this TV after months of tossing up between models and looking at what would work best with my PS4 Pro and this TV has been excellent
The 200hz equivalent motion smoothing does a really great job of bringing up the framerate of most videos and games. There is however some very slight screen tearing and artifacting during some action scenes but it’s nothing too severe and after noticing it initially, after a few hours of gameplay you get used to it
If you’re into using HDR for videos or gameplay this TV is pretty good. Although I’ve found I’ve had to tweak the display settings slightly to get it to look a little less vibrant (otherwise the reds and blues tend to stand out loudly)
Overall extremely happy with this purchase, and it offers a smooth android TV experience

Date PurchasedDec 2018

This stuff is exceptional

The picture is always perfect for Sony. This Android TV is above my expectation, it gives me new experience on how to watch movie, news, and documentary. Even my kids enjoy their cartoon moment with this stuff.
With this model i believe Sony keep the their position as the most innovative technology.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Amazing

With Android TV its easy to watch Netflix, Foxtel or listen to my favorite tunes on Spotify. The controls are intuitive my previous TV was a Samsung and switching over was not hard at all. With 4 HDMI ports conveniently located on the side its easy to plug a laptop in and check my emails in full 4k /JK/. But plugin in a laptop is simple as plugging it in win an Apple or Windows. The sound is great out of the TV and Also though digital optical if you want to wake the neighbors and watch apocalypse now at full volume.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

WOW

We stuck with Sony after our last unit 42" 2006 Sony Bravia was faultless, So stoked we did. A crystal clear picture, so sharp. Only had this a week but so far so GREAT. Will update my review as time goes on if need be. We paired this with the Sony HTZ9RF sound bar and they work perfectly together.

Date PurchasedAug 2018