See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

invento

invento

Screen bleeding issues

This particular model has really bad screen bleeding problems. I would never buy a edge lid lcd again. Neither the retailer or Sony make you aware of that problem. Sony is not what they used to be.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $4,500.00.

Jacqi

JacqiSouth East Queensland, QLD

sony tv

75 inch Bravia Smart TV.Has all the features of a Smart TV. Bluetooth and Wireless works seamlessly on start up and use of the optical audio connection with my surround sound system enhances the experience.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $3,500.00.

Great for movies and Netflix HD

Did not regret buying the Sony KD55X8500 for my movie nights, the hd picture quality is exceptional, you could even see the skin hair on HD movies on Netflix! With the hdmi option I could connect my soundbar and enhance more of the audio. The Bluetooth connection is a breeze as well, connected my headset if I want to watch my tv series at nights. Overall this smart tv is the best I bought so far!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,295.00.

Natasha W.

Natasha W.Sydney, NSW

Great Tv! Picture quality is quite good for the price

Great range of apps to use.
Picture quality is great and 4K content plays wonderfully.
Have been impressed with tv since purchase, easy to use menus and 4 hdmi ports makes it handy for external devices.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,900.00.

edc

edcGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good smart tv

Not your top of the range but picture quality is excellent. Great Apps pre loaded on to tv so very good smart tv. Although there has been times where it was a bit slow but it is a older tv.

Purchased in October 2016 at Bing Lee Online store for $2,999.00.

Jay C

Jay CMelbourne

Great picture quality. One of the best TVs we have used so far

Easy to use, great picture quality and looks good. I always used LG TVs but due to the size we were after, I had to go Sony and we are glad that we did. Bright panel and almost as good as direct the lit. We are satisfied

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $6,500.00.

Jon B

Jon BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrific TV - better than I expected

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

JessieF

JessieFSouth East Queensland, QLD

TV Junkie

Really love my Sony 85”. The picture clean and sharp and the apps are great. I would love if it had the foxtel go app but seems it’s not available on this or any other however casting is easy on the Sony so I am very happy.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Georgie Goddard

Georgie GoddardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Colour

I bought this TV just to update, the picture is great the colour is very vibrant, do have to ready the help section to setup my new smart TV though.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $998.00.

Darren Gabbe

Darren GabbeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a POS

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

Zstorm

ZstormNorth Queensland, QLD

Crystal Clear

Stunning clear image! We are bowled over at how clear the image and sound is with our new tv! We got this for a good deal as well so we have ended up with a stunning tv at a good price

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,086.00.

M Holden

M HoldenHobart, TAS

Another bad one.

This television was a warranty replacement for an earlier Sony tv and this one has issues as well. This model number has software issues especially when trying to play movies from another source. Trying different apps to play them and still trouble. The help at Harvey Norman in store was good but their follow up was nil. Sony is hard to get help from as well. We're off to buy a new television tomorrow and it definitely wont be a Sony. Sony is being downgraded to our playroom!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store.

Kris

KrisPerth, WA

TV is good when watching HD channels

I haven’t used this tv much since purchase but it was easy to set up and is slim and not too bulky.

I find the picture on normal channels more blurry compared to our 65” LG tv. Understand the bigger the tv the worse the picture so not sure if it’s good or bad though as I don’t have another tv the same size to compare it to. That’s just my first impression - there is a noticeable difference in picture quality.

When watching HD channels the picture is much better.

Sound quality is good without needing to buy a sound bar or anything.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

3basS

3basSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Immersive and clear, When size matters...

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Joshua Michael

Joshua MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for 4K gaming

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Taufiq

TaufiqSydney

This stuff is exceptional

The picture is always perfect for Sony. This Android TV is above my expectation, it gives me new experience on how to watch movie, news, and documentary. Even my kids enjoy their cartoon moment with this stuff.
With this model i believe Sony keep the their position as the most innovative technology.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Thomas

ThomasCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Amazing

With Android TV its easy to watch Netflix, Foxtel or listen to my favorite tunes on Spotify. The controls are intuitive my previous TV was a Samsung and switching over was not hard at all. With 4 HDMI ports conveniently located on the side its easy to plug a laptop in and check my emails in full 4k /JK/. But plugin in a laptop is simple as plugging it in win an Apple or Windows. The sound is great out of the TV and Also though digital optical if you want to wake the neighbors and watch apocalypse now at full volume.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

WOW

We stuck with Sony after our last unit 42" 2006 Sony Bravia was faultless, So stoked we did. A crystal clear picture, so sharp. Only had this a week but so far so GREAT. Will update my review as time goes on if need be. We paired this with the Sony HTZ9RF sound bar and they work perfectly together.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Kris S

Kris Sasked

KD85X8500F (85")

Is it compatible with Google Home?

Allan I.asked

Is there a firmware upgrade or something similar that can improve the picture. Mine lack clarity and seems blurred. My tv is month old 85"

Pierre

Hi Alan I, im not sure what are you referring to regarding the picture clarity. Mine is very good in terms of HD quality. As for your reference, i dont use local tv channel or free to air tv. I only use Netflix HD. For the firmware, mine is up to date. Hope this helps.

Allan I.

Thanks Pierre. Mine is all local content.
I also have 58" Sonic and 42" Samsung both are over 5 years old and both have a far sharper image.
I may have to get Sony out to have a look.
Cheers.

NNN8487
NNN8487

Hi Allan,

The issue is with the content you're watching, there is no problem with the TV itself. The TV stations you are watching can only push out video at a quality level that is much lower than what your TV is capable of showing, so you're just expanding the image over your 85" screen so it looks bad. The reason it looks "better" on your smaller TVs is because the image is not be stretched as far, so the flaws are not as noticeable.

To be completely honest, there is no point buying a 4K TV if you are only going to watch free-to-air TV, because you will never see 4K quality video. It's like buying a bucket that can fit 4 litres of water, but only ever filling it up with 1 litre of water.
If you want to make the most of your 4K TV, you'll need to watch 4K content streamed from online, or buy 4K DVDs.

Peter O.

Peter O.asked

KD85X8500F (85")

How thick is the TV?

Allan I.

I use a slimline wall bracket and it puts the front of the screen 73mm from the wall.

Get an answer from our members and Sony representatives

Sony KD55X8500F (55")

Price (RRP) $1,498$2,198$3,798$6,298
Screen Size 55"65"75"85"
Screen TypeLED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD
Type of TVHDR CompatibleHDR CompatibleHDR CompatibleHDR Compatible
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports4444
Number of USB Ports3333
Wall MountableYesYesYesYes
Weight19.1 kg25.6 kg28.9 kg46.2 kg
Operating System Android TVAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TV
Dimensions (without stand) 713 x 1231 x 52 mm836 x 1450 x 52 mm963 x 1673 x 54 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 776 x 1231 x 315 mm900 x 1450 x 315 mm1031 x 1673 x 371 mm1176 x 1911 x 429 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual