Sony X9000H Series
Brand Manager for Sony? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4 questions from our users

Billasked
X9000H Series

We bought a 65" TV in this model in January 2021. Having trouble with it as it will not save the channels. Each time we turn off TV and turn on again most of the channels are lost and we have to retune. Does anyone have the same issue or know how to rectify the problem?

TuneMan
TuneMan

I have this issue. Only a few channels and needs a rescan. I’m raising the issue with Sony.

Bill

OK great, would you please be kind enough to share what they suggest could be the problem?

Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

I'm having the same problem. when i turn off the TV i loose some of my favourite and digital channels.
I have to retune the TV again to get back the channels.
Sony support told me to do a reset but still had the problem.

Peta R.asked
KD-85X9000H (85")

Has anyone else had issues with this TV picture freezing and rebooting for no reason? Bought it a couple of months ago and had it replaced because it kept turning itself off after the picture froze. Thought it might be because of the breaker power box, but no, the replacement is doing the same thing and it’s plugged straight into the wall outlet.

Mike
Mike

My Tv used to do the same and many other things I had replacement with many problems later Sony decided to repair without success in the end I shave return TV and purchase Sumsung
Now all behind me never again Sony

David

Yes it's happen to me a few times. Have to turn the power off then on again. Needs a reboot

Peta R.

Thanks but after paying $5k for a TV I’m not willing to keep turning it of to reboot. Mine does it quite a lot. I’ve contact Harvey Norman to see what they say again as this is my second unit.

Peter W.
Peter W.asked
KD-85X9000H (85")

Can you record to external hard drive on this tv?

David

Sorry mate I don't know. I only use it for gaming and TV. But the apps are great and the TV is very nice. I got a Samsung sound bar with it and I love the set up

Andrew
Andrew

There is not external recording on this TV..something that I really miss from my old LG

Gilbert Jean Fabrice R.
Gilbert Jean Fabrice R.asked
KD-65X9000H (65")

I bought a Samsung back in march 2020 and had issues with it after a long back and forth repair and arguing to get a replacement, they finally gave me my money back and I decided to go for this Sony. Everything works except on normal free to air antenna channels has issues with sound after a while so I went back to Bing lee after a week and am now waiting for a replacement. Is your sound issue on free to air or internet as well??

stewart50
stewart50

its all luck - but I have never had an issue with a Samsung or Lg - Sony and buying from JB HiFi is a disaster, never will I ever buy from JbHifi or sony absolutely no customer service- our sound quality is horrendous on all services -
we reported this Wednesday 14th October today 23 October no call from Jbhifi or sony https://youtu.be/hwe5GtqftFM

Judging by the video uve put up. It seems it was the same issue i was having. I got a new unit now and it seems ok except the image from free to air seems to have a rapid flicker from time to time plus the volume lags a bit when pressed from the remote.

Sony X9000H Series