Sony X9000H Series
See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sony? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4K TV Buying Guide

• Picture Quality
Shiner
ShinerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great TV and features

We updated our old Sony with this one in Feb 2021 and we chose to stay with the Sony brand as we very much enjoyed the old one... still working by the way after 10+ years.
The service at JB HiFi was excellent, we did try other retailers but we got the best deal and service through them.
Easy to install and we are very happy with the picture quality and all the apps etc. Regularly updates itself which is great.
Recommend Sony definitely!

Purchased in February 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Luigui
LuiguiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sony Smart Tv

Good smart Tv, easy to operate,good quality picture,clear and sharp,4 ports are enough to have access to dvd,tbbox,etc. I will recommend this brand and series. Harvey Norman received and disposed my old tv unit

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $1,780.00.

Other 4K Ultra HD TVs

BobDylan
BobDylanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It epic

Purchased in June 2021 at The Good Guys for $1,800.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how Sony X9000H Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Julietta
JuliettaSydney, NSW

Great TV

This is Sony's smart (google) TV. The operating system is quick and caters for all apps with ability to download extra apps with ease. It easily connects with my phone and is able to screen mirror youtube from my phone without the need for chromecast. The interface is intuitive. The remote buttons are slightly sensitive, but you get used to it. Ports are sufficient with four HDMI ports and two USB ports. Picture quality in my opinion is excellent. I would highly recommend this product.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,650.00.

Dissapointed
DissapointedMelbourne

KD55X9000H - no issues

- Nice sharp picture and sound quality
- Lots of apps to download including Plex
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
- 2 years warranty not sure if Samsung has the same tenure
Very satisfied with this product

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,570.00.

David Sydney, NSW

Love this TV

This TV is amazing. Had the TV for 3 months now and all i can say is smart TVs have come a long way since my last one 6 years ago. What i like best is the apps that allow you to set up your TV the way you like it. The picture quality is fantastic. Super easy to set up and for the price is has functions that the more expensive Samsungs have.

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,999.00.

Red L.
Red L.Perth, WA

Very impressive 4K TV. Picture Clarity and operation is Excellent.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman Cannington WA for $4,900.00.

Lex C
Lex CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great TV in the under $2000 range

The Sony 55inch 9000H is a great TV for most households. It delivers a great picture quality due to the contrast ratio, brightness, and colour gamut. Very little to no motion blur, input lag is low which is awesome for gamers. The 9000H is great for for HDR content, both games and movies. However, if you have a large room get the 9500 instead, due to having more dimming zones.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,495.00.

Other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Billasked
X9000H Series

We bought a 65" TV in this model in January 2021. Having trouble with it as it will not save the channels. Each time we turn off TV and turn on again most of the channels are lost and we have to retune. Does anyone have the same issue or know how to rectify the problem?

TuneMan
TuneMan

I have this issue. Only a few channels and needs a rescan. I’m raising the issue with Sony.

Bill

OK great, would you please be kind enough to share what they suggest could be the problem?

Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

I'm having the same problem. when i turn off the TV i loose some of my favourite and digital channels.
I have to retune the TV again to get back the channels.
Sony support told me to do a reset but still had the problem.

Peta R.asked
KD-85X9000H (85")

Has anyone else had issues with this TV picture freezing and rebooting for no reason? Bought it a couple of months ago and had it replaced because it kept turning itself off after the picture froze. Thought it might be because of the breaker power box, but no, the replacement is doing the same thing and it’s plugged straight into the wall outlet.

Mike
Mike

My Tv used to do the same and many other things I had replacement with many problems later Sony decided to repair without success in the end I shave return TV and purchase Sumsung
Now all behind me never again Sony

David

Yes it's happen to me a few times. Have to turn the power off then on again. Needs a reboot

Peta R.

Thanks but after paying $5k for a TV I’m not willing to keep turning it of to reboot. Mine does it quite a lot. I’ve contact Harvey Norman to see what they say again as this is my second unit.

Peter W.
Peter W.asked
KD-85X9000H (85")

Can you record to external hard drive on this tv?

David

Sorry mate I don't know. I only use it for gaming and TV. But the apps are great and the TV is very nice. I got a Samsung sound bar with it and I love the set up

Andrew
Andrew

There is not external recording on this TV..something that I really miss from my old LG

Sony X9000H Series

Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) $2,995.00$4,995.00$1,595.00$1,995.00
Screen Size 75"85"55"65"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Number of HDMI Ports4444
Number of USB Ports2222
Wall MountableYesYesYesYes
Weight32.9 kg45.8 kg16.5 kg22.2 kg
Operating SystemAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TV
Dimensions (without stand) 961 x 1674 x 71 mm1089 x 1899 x 72 mm710 x 1231 x 70 mm833 x 1450 x 70 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 1034 x 1674 x 410 mm1162 x 1899 x 441 mm780 x 1231 x 338 mm903 x 1450 x 338 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateMay 2020May 2020