Sony Xperia X

Sony Xperia X

MPNs: KHSONYX32BLK, KHSONYX32ROS, KHSONYX32WHT and 5 more

Sony Xperia complaint

Worst phone ever sound is terrible for a sony product I would think the quality would be much better camera photos are horrible quality never recommend to anyone ever. I started using it and had issues right from the beginning with sound quality it kept cutting out all the time even though I wasn't moving around

Date PurchasedNov 2018
    Merc Primur

Merc PrimurPerth

It works, but not for demanding users

I have had this phone for over a year and on the positive side the camera is pretty good its clear and clean, the display is very nice, not as good as oppo but for the price it is good, phone calls are cleared up and easy to understand.

The bad is it's other aspects of the performance, it has issues when using YouTube, after watching a few videos it freezes, same with some of the other apps like Facebook or eBay and games are always stuttering, it's not a performance oriented phone. If you are using it for simple applications like messaging or phone calls then this is for you, otherwise not recommended for heavy users.

Judie Adams

Judie AdamsAU

excellent for its price

I think that's the best quality in its price range. screen is not the best but very reasonable quality. Battery easily lasts for one day and charger quality is great. Sound -if compared to Samsung for instance- is very reasonable too. To sum up, its not the best and a moderate quality phone, but excellent for its price.

Lucy

Lucy

Good phone for the price!

I have had my Xperia X for over a year and it's still going strong. Apps run smoothly for the most part except when low battery, which is to be expected. It was $400 and still better than some of my friend's iPhones. Although, if you're looking for a decent camera, the Xperia is definitely not the way to go. It's also pretty durable - I've dropped it so many times and not one crack. All in all, a good phone for the price.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Boanerges

BoanergesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Superb Camera

I bought this phone for the camera and wasn't disappointed. The quality of the photos is astonishing, and the one-touch shooting is a brilliant idea. Very bright/dark shots can catch the exposure out though and the touch focus is very occasionally a bit erratic. Phone wise, it is fast and reliable with really good battery life using the stamina mode, even when using mapping apps and data downloads. Good sound and not much bloatware add to its attraction. It's a cool looking phone too, but the interface is a bit meh - I prefer my old ASUS (I suppose I could load a new skin but am too lazy). With 64G inside and an additional memory card, 23M photos dont clog it up either. All round very good value at the price I paid - $360.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Qwerty

QwertyMelbourne

Good phone so far

As a iphone user, I swapped to this phone and it took a while to get used to. I have owned a Sony product in the past, the sony ericsson but that was around 10 years ago so this all felt new to me. The camera is pretty good so photos are good too and the screen resolution is pretty great and the phone is pretty responsive too. Only con I notice was the battery life which although is pretty decent, I would like for it to last longer. Still overall worth the purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
    mekarls

mekarlsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's been a good phone, would buy again.

The camera is good and has a quick access function from the menu and is quick to open. I've found the battery life to be fairly good, as is the sound quality and volume. The only negative that I can think of is the camera struggles in low light. I've had no reliability issues with this phone.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    Casey

CaseyAuburn

Great phone for decent price

This is a great phone I love it I have owned Samsung, iPhone, HTC but the Sony xperia has the best quality in all aspects for an affordable price. The camera and video quality is absolutely amazing with great sounding speakers with a speaker at each end of the phone, you won't be disappointed if you purchase this phone

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    Luforge

LuforgeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Has what i need

Very easy to use with simple android features to navigate where you want to go. Bought the rose gold phone something different than Black. Battery life could be better lasts a day with phone being active with calls-without, about 48hrs. The security finger print technology is superb and precise with added pin as well..The 23MP camera (front) is sharp and detailed especially on ISO mode,Also has other effects that you can down load via Sony and ready software in this mobile..Basically, "It has was i need for a Phone"

+ Great camera-Heeps of Android characteristics-Easy to use-security features
    - Battery longevity-Thermal glass a bit too sensitive

Date PurchasedAug 2017

BaileyPompom

BaileyPompomPerth

Love the phone

I bought the phone on Sony website that includes a sony active noise cancellation earphone. After using it for over a year there is really nothing to complain. I would not consider it as a performance phone for the price, however their specifications are definitely better for that price range.

gach

gachBrisbane

I love this phone

I bought lime-gold color phone and I love the its look. Tine and comfortable for hand. Nice and cool sony android phone features. Superb front and rear camera. Battery life is reasonable for me, I charge only every two days. Great sound quality. Bought with android Marsh Mellow and upgraded to Nougat. I love it!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
    birdie

birdieCanberra

I would buy this phone again

Nice, basic phone that does what I want.

I don't like that it overheats when using more than one app at a time or sometimes when recharging. It gets so hot that it is hard to hold and stays hot in my bag.

Android 7 comes in handy for certain apps.

Bought from BigW for $150 but there are better deals all the time at the moment.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Anna B

Anna B

Good phone

I used to have this phone. It wasn't that bad however, it was quite confusing at time. It is not as easy to use as an iPhone. One thing you will like is that it looks very stylish and the graphics are amazing. It's a great phone, I'm just not fan

Reetinder

Reetindermelbourne

Perfect size,fits in one hand.Battery doesn't last more than 6 hours of heavy use.

Decent phone but battery lets it down as for heavy users it doesnt do much good.It does multi tasking pretty easily.
    Screen is bright in natural daylight so you can see clearly.Finger print sensor works very effectively for most time it reads your finger prints quickly.Speakers are not too bad but they could have been better.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    pete t

pete tMELBOURNE

not really dual sim

Bought this phone from Kogan.com, and found the ringtone to be not loud enough sent it back Kogan says there is nothing wrong with it.When we get the phone back and put in a second sim we find out the 2nd sim slot is only 2g and there is basically no 2g network anymore .We contacted Sony who said this phone was not released in Australia because the 2g network was being turned off. We are currently trying to get a refund or exchange from Kogan so we can have a dual sim phone that actually works here.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Max

MaxGold Coast

Good phone for a good price at the moment

Purchased at the local Jb hi fi on sale for $400 at the moment. So far so good, great picture quality, one of the best cameras on the market for a phone and easily the best camera technology. The only downside is battery and not water proof. would definitely recommend anyone who wants a top quality smartphone and wants to save.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    Dohpy

Dohpy

Good and nothing more

Got this phone as a bundle with a PS4. I expected better but it does the job.
    Pros: had the device 4 months and no major issues.so far so good. The phone is quick to respond and easy to adapt to from other androids. Phone feels good in the hand, smooth and light. Camera is good but not great.. focusing is an issue.

Cons: Camera focus is an issue and switches off when in use for 5mins due to overheat. Wifi speeds are not great.

All in all device is good and serves it purpose. Not great but not bad. Easy to use and set up.

Caity

CaityGeelong

Love it

Great phone, and easy to use. The battery doesn't seem to last as long as the Sony xperia z3, but it still lasts at least a whole day with quite a few hours of use. Camera is great, photos look awesome. I've had quite a few Sony phone and I've liked them all! I would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Anna800

Anna800Hobart

Love the speed and camera - awesome phone!

I had all Samsung devices for a while, I'd been having continual problems, so I decided to try another brand. I use the camera on my phone a lot and the xperia is up there with photo quality. The speed of the phone is great. It's light and I love the finish.