Sony Xperia XZ

Sony Xperia XZ

MPNs: KHSONXXZ32GBBLK and KHSONXXZ32GBBLU

Michael F

Michael FCentral, SA

The Ultimate, The Lengendary Experia lives on...

The Sony Experia XZ voted best smart phone of 2017 is by far the fastest and smoothest smart phone I have used so yet by far. It's amazing 4k display is outstanding. The picture is crisp as the naked eye, even when in demand eg sports, action ect. Not to mention sterio sound to match. It move's with ease even with multiple apps and pages running with its snap dragon processor and 8gig of ram. Even making gaming fun without any freezing or lag. Takes great camera footage even in low light and has super slow motion feature included. My advice to you is, check one out today...

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $250.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

rolly

rollySouth East Queensland, QLD

its ok i would never buy a sony again

when you try to make a phone call it jumps it tries to ring the last number you rang. plus Sony sends you apps in the middle of the night to buy,

Purchased in July 2018 for $427.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software
DaleH

DaleHCraigieburn

Poor battery life.

Every time a firmware update is installed the battery life declines dramatically. The latest update has also caused problems with Google and Chrome Explorers. The forum also flags this same problem. I can't see myself buying another Sony phone. It seems that they can't get the updates. I expect more from the brand, most disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Tony S

Tony SSydney

Good midrange phone!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jazz

Jazz

I love it

I am a careless user and it is perfect for me. I dropped it a few times, the frame is dented but it is OK and working perfectly. Has good battery and camera but the image quality is low in spite of the high resolution. Specially when I zoom. The reception is average

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worst phone ever

Worst phone ever!!!! Don't buy it. So slow and just painful. I've had 2 now (as first one totally died), both have been useless. Apps run shockingly slow, camera is terrible, has weird bugs like going to black screen when on a call like voicemail and can't hang up call. Always having to restart phone to only get little expect.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I won't buy another Sony..... Ever

Glitchy.... Even after constant factory resets. Its the worst phone I've owned in a long time. Get the Samsung or the iPhone. Steer clear you will regret buying a Sony. And I love Sony. Just don't buy there phones if you like your sanity. Steer clear steer clear well clear.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This phone is terrible

Cannot use the key pad, when you talk to someone about what is happening they can't help you. You try and scroll your pictures and that doesn't work you try and type a text doesn't work, try and download an app doesn't work. I was very happy with the older model but never again will I get a Sony.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
dylanlt

dylanltSydney, Australia

Overheats frequently, laggy, GPS often goes offline

Even on a 16C day the camera cannot be opened because of "overheating" - even though I have just turned the screen on - and the phone is truly hot. Themes disappear without reason or warning - once again coinciding with a hot phone. App usage shows nothing unusual, and I'm running the same apps that worked fine on my old phone (S5). GPS frequently goes offline while driving; it sometimes comes back online after 5 or so minutes if you're prepared to wait and not completely lost by then.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Bilby

BilbySydney

Good phone with great battery life and 4K

This phone has a large 5.5 inch screen with 4K capability. Pictures taken off the phone are excellent and the battery life on this phone is at least two days (although have easily stretched it to three with average use). Has fingerprint security as an option to unlock. Software built in works to maximize performance and battery life.

Sony appear to be getting better and better with the builds.....the only gripe would be the size of the bezels and that the package does not include a fast charger (phone does support it however).

Reasonably priced now (as Xperia XZ2 details are being released).

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Shortandsolidreviews

ShortandsolidreviewsMelbourne

Another great phone from Sony

+ Great battery life
+ Clean, almost stock version of Android without any oppressive modifications to the UI or bloated features
+ Solid water resistant design and quite durable in my experience
+ USB C, fingerprint reader, stereo speakers and headphone jack
- Bezels are getting a little large for 2017/2018

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Yee

Yee3012

Nice

Nice camera, maybe the best i had used. High megapixels. The system is just so so, not the best for playing games. The audio is also quite good and was able to play any kind of music in top notch.the look of the overall is elegant and nice, (not glass tho).

Date PurchasedJun 2017

MattR

MattRMelbourne

Great Camera

I got this phone after having a Samsung Galaxy s2 for too many years until it got waterdamaged, leading me to buy a new phone with water resistant qualities. This phone is nifty, snappy, and can run many apps simultaneously without lag. The camera takes beautiful shots, I'm really pleased with the quality. It fits nicely in my hand, and the speakers are great for phone calls, movies or music. I love that you can sync up with the PlayStation, an added feature .

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

Does the job

Got this phone via new contract with Virgin previously had a Sony xa, so considered this to be a solid upgrade. Generally I do find the phone quite laggy despite it bright quite new. This is despite phone being charged and not on low batts. Camera is great though and image and picture quality and videos are very solid and good. The battery life lasts a day which I guess is good for phones nowadays, uses a usb c which I find annoying and charging time is nothing amazing. However it is great to be able easily transfer data from phone to computer by just clicking and dragging. And able to add sd card easily

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Al

AlLatrobe

Not for me

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Cam

CamSydney

Great Camera and Screen, Limited Processor and Poor battery life.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

MarkDar

Think Twice

Got this on a plan, after upgrade from z3, battery gets hot fast, battery runs out fast, screen smaller than the premium. Z3 was better then this phone by far, seems just a similar less equal phone tagged XZ and sold. Really think twice, keep on your old z3 or z5 or if you must go Sony, at least go the xz premium.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Solid all-rounder phone

Very little complaints. A great camera with auto focus function, a vibrant screen that's perfectly large enough. Great performance, all apps run smoothly and fast. Very compatible with other Sony products and other brands too. Does Compared to the prices of other high-end phones, this is a great alternative for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Tony Z

Tony Z

Great phone!

Easy to use. Great screen resolution. Great camera and regular software updates from Sony makes this an excellent phone. Integrates well with chrome cast and the apple TV. Good introductory tutorials on the phone make it simple to use. Don't call for overpriced phone with specs you won't need or use...

Date PurchasedJul 2017

SaWo

SaWoWestern Australia

Solid Smartphone

Moved on from a different android smartphone brand, and very pleased with the result. Good design and screen size, camera works well and not so much bloatware as before. Apprehensive that the battery cannot be changed but alternatives proved the same anyway. Apps are straightforward, interface is friendly and transferring information was simple. Great to use with other Sony products too.

Date PurchasedSep 2017