Sony Xperia XZ

Sony Xperia XZ

MPNs: KHSONXXZ32GBBLK and KHSONXXZ32GBBLU

Poor battery life.

Every time a firmware update is installed the battery life declines dramatically. The latest update has also caused problems with Google and Chrome Explorers. The forum also flags this same problem. I can't see myself buying another Sony phone. It seems that they can't get the updates. I expect more from the brand, most disappointed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good midrange phone!

If you can pick this phone up for less than 250 dollars, it is worth the deal. A great budget phone for uni, I use it to plan my schedule and take lecture pictures. Camera quality is decent. It supposedly has a laser autofocus, although I haven't really seen it come into effect. The battery is ok and last at least half of the day. Despite having the snapdragon 820 and being on the 14nm node, the phone gets quite hot. But if you look at other midrangers, they too are also built on the 14nm node and would suffer something similar. The software is a very stock feel of android and not bloated like Samsung. This phone isn't the fastest but if you aren't using your phone to play the most intensive 3D android games, then it should do you fine. The sides are made of plastic which ruin the premium feel this phone could have had. If you need a phone fast but don't want to break the bank, getting this for under $ 250 will do you well.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

I love it

I am a careless user and it is perfect for me. I dropped it a few times, the frame is dented but it is OK and working perfectly. Has good battery and camera but the image quality is low in spite of the high resolution. Specially when I zoom. The reception is average

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worst phone ever

Worst phone ever!!!! Don't buy it. So slow and just painful. I've had 2 now (as first one totally died), both have been useless. Apps run shockingly slow, camera is terrible, has weird bugs like going to black screen when on a call like voicemail and can't hang up call. Always having to restart phone to only get little expect.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I won't buy another Sony..... Ever

Glitchy.... Even after constant factory resets. Its the worst phone I've owned in a long time. Get the Samsung or the iPhone. Steer clear you will regret buying a Sony. And I love Sony. Just don't buy there phones if you like your sanity. Steer clear steer clear well clear.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This phone is terrible

Cannot use the key pad, when you talk to someone about what is happening they can't help you. You try and scroll your pictures and that doesn't work you try and type a text doesn't work, try and download an app doesn't work. I was very happy with the older model but never again will I get a Sony.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Overheats frequently, laggy, GPS often goes offline

Even on a 16C day the camera cannot be opened because of "overheating" - even though I have just turned the screen on - and the phone is truly hot. Themes disappear without reason or warning - once again coinciding with a hot phone. App usage shows nothing unusual, and I'm running the same apps that worked fine on my old phone (S5). GPS frequently goes offline while driving; it sometimes comes back online after 5 or so minutes if you're prepared to wait and not completely lost by then.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good phone with great battery life and 4K

This phone has a large 5.5 inch screen with 4K capability. Pictures taken off the phone are excellent and the battery life on this phone is at least two days (although have easily stretched it to three with average use). Has fingerprint security as an option to unlock. Software built in works to maximize performance and battery life.

Sony appear to be getting better and better with the builds.....the only gripe would be the size of the bezels and that the package does not include a fast charger (phone does support it however).

Reasonably priced now (as Xperia XZ2 details are being released).

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Another great phone from Sony

+ Great battery life
+ Clean, almost stock version of Android without any oppressive modifications to the UI or bloated features
+ Solid water resistant design and quite durable in my experience
+ USB C, fingerprint reader, stereo speakers and headphone jack
- Bezels are getting a little large for 2017/2018

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice

Nice camera, maybe the best i had used. High megapixels. The system is just so so, not the best for playing games. The audio is also quite good and was able to play any kind of music in top notch.the look of the overall is elegant and nice, (not glass tho).

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great Camera

I got this phone after having a Samsung Galaxy s2 for too many years until it got waterdamaged, leading me to buy a new phone with water resistant qualities. This phone is nifty, snappy, and can run many apps simultaneously without lag. The camera takes beautiful shots, I'm really pleased with the quality. It fits nicely in my hand, and the speakers are great for phone calls, movies or music. I love that you can sync up with the PlayStation, an added feature .

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Does the job

Got this phone via new contract with Virgin previously had a Sony xa, so considered this to be a solid upgrade. Generally I do find the phone quite laggy despite it bright quite new. This is despite phone being charged and not on low batts. Camera is great though and image and picture quality and videos are very solid and good. The battery life lasts a day which I guess is good for phones nowadays, uses a usb c which I find annoying and charging time is nothing amazing. However it is great to be able easily transfer data from phone to computer by just clicking and dragging. And able to add sd card easily

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not for me

I have been a long time Apple gal and was ready for the android switch. I used the phone for pics and general apps / web browsing. The Sony camera is beautiful, couldn’t complain with the quality. Saying that though I haven’t printed any, but assume they will come out just as nice.
However, overall I disliked the phone. Whether it was the switch to Android or the phone I’m not sure. But I felt it didn’t cope with rapid movements and moving in and out of aps, continually crashing. It was so slow to respond at times. As with PCs I thought it may be clouded with junk, but after clearing it out, it was still running poorly. It could never back up unless I manually did it. Music continually stopped on wifi and cellular data.

In the end I have it up after 12 months and have got back onto the iPhone which I have already reduced so much anxiety just in the first week!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Camera and Screen, Limited Processor and Poor battery life.

I was hesitant to return to Sony after a Sony Z5 premium, however the specs, some decent reviews, quality android operating system and price hooked me in to another Sony. I really regret my decision. I like the feel, the camera, the screen and sleek exterior. The camera has produced some amazing photos for me, especially close up, the screen is vibrant and bright. However the negatives really took away from the phone: the battery life barely gets through a day, I need to turn off a lot of functions, e.g. auto sync, location, bluetooth, brightness very low to make it through the day. Not only does consistent use drain the battery, it also makes the phone extremely hot which really slows down the memory on the phone, which I found very frustrating. All in all I will not be returning to Sony for a phone.

Think Twice

Got this on a plan, after upgrade from z3, battery gets hot fast, battery runs out fast, screen smaller than the premium. Z3 was better then this phone by far, seems just a similar less equal phone tagged XZ and sold. Really think twice, keep on your old z3 or z5 or if you must go Sony, at least go the xz premium.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Solid all-rounder phone

Very little complaints. A great camera with auto focus function, a vibrant screen that's perfectly large enough. Great performance, all apps run smoothly and fast. Very compatible with other Sony products and other brands too. Does Compared to the prices of other high-end phones, this is a great alternative for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great phone!

Easy to use. Great screen resolution. Great camera and regular software updates from Sony makes this an excellent phone. Integrates well with chrome cast and the apple TV. Good introductory tutorials on the phone make it simple to use. Don't call for overpriced phone with specs you won't need or use...

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Solid Smartphone

Moved on from a different android smartphone brand, and very pleased with the result. Good design and screen size, camera works well and not so much bloatware as before. Apprehensive that the battery cannot be changed but alternatives proved the same anyway. Apps are straightforward, interface is friendly and transferring information was simple. Great to use with other Sony products too.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

It's a perfect phone!!!

It's a perfect phone to use with great Camera and battery life. It's was challenging to think out of box where everyone is after Apple or Samsung but it's worth buying this Android phone. The processor speed is also fast and no slowness detected ever. Internet/WiFi connectivity is also super quick.

Good Budget Phone

I just started using this phone, and so far so good. Really like its sleek design, and I think price is quite good considering its brand and functionality. This might be the only phone that has NFC capabilities in this price range. It does however take a long time to start up, not sure why. Really enjoying using this new phone!

Date PurchasedNov 2017