Soulara

• Timely DeliveryYes (7) · No (3)

Meals taste horrible

Went with soulara despite negative reviews on delivery that said the food was good...but it wasn’t! The Mac and cheese was loaded with cashew chunks and the Dahl was tasteless and awful to try and eat. I still have 10 meals and honestly dreading to try the rest.

Timely DeliveryYes
Meal Plan(s)12 Meals per Week

Tania D.South East Queensland, QLD

Food is fine if it actually gets delivered to the correct address

The food is fine- as with all food delivery services, some meals are hit and miss. The issue is with their grossly incompetent delivery drivers who do not follow delivery instructions, deliver on the requested date or deliver to correct address. On top of this Soulara do not offer refunds even if they deliver to the wrong address. This poor customer experience has resulted in me cancelling my subscription. Customers should not be punished for corporations mistakes.

Sussan L.

Sussan L.

Tried for one week but...

I was excited to try a plant based meal delivery service. The convenience and timely delivery were good and props to the company for providing a huge variety of plant based meal options. However, I wish I looked into the reviews and the ingredient list more. The meals were below average in taste and include preservatives and flavour enhancers. The spiced butter chickpeas had rice that tasted quite stale and had an odd aftertaste which made me wonder how many days/weeks ago it was cooked. Luckily, I cancelled my subscription online before it renewed and there was no difficulty there.

Would not recommend

DavidSydney, NSW

Good food but could be better service

David

Food didn’t meet the fresh taste test

It’s ok. Ok if you want plant based microwave meals. Zaps the nutrients. Ok. I knew this when I ordered however they really didn’t taste great. Juices and kombucha are great.

Ad

Don't count on meals being delivered

Kay Jay

Kay JayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Leaves you wanting more due to tiny tot portions!

I ordered a 12 meal plan in April 2020 and while most of the meals were quite well made and tasty, the portions were extremely small and definitely not enough for an adult. I also wasn't thrilled with the layer upon layer of packaging. Other meal delivery services are making more effort to minimise packaging but unfortunately, Soulara is being left behind where sustainability is concerned.

Will not be reordering.

Tim F.

Tim F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Small and not very nice

Having changed from another premade meal company, I ended up having to eat 2 Soulara meals to get the same satisfaction, this made things very expensive. They were very also ordinary tasting.

Meal Plan(s)15 Meals per Week

Jonelle

JonelleSydney, NSW

Dissappointing

Sue

SuePerth, WA

Food was inedible. I really wanted SOULARA to be what they advertised

The customer service was fine as was the weekly delivery.
The food was so tasteless. Vegetables were inedible.
I have no idea how a chef could get it so wrong.
I am a creative eater & have no trouble eating decent meals.
SOULARA needs to address this issue because they will not succeed with the poor quality of food they are currently delivering.
I wasted my money and time.

rosy11Sydney

Was reeled in by all the glowing 5-star reviews..

Kylie84

Kylie84Sydney, NSW

Not sure why so many positive reviews

Been on this for a week and fortunately paused my subscription to try it before receiving another week’s worth. Some meals are tasty and the bliss balls are great. Others are really unpleasant or no where near filling enough - some only contain 200+ calories. I found myself eating what I intended to eat for breakfast with my dinner meal. A lot of coconut! Wouldn’t order again. Disappointed as I’m a vego and was hoping this may be a solution for not eating enough nutrients

Nikki

NikkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Some ok but will not continue

This was my first soulara order and the first thing i noticed, my juices didnt come. Lukily the first meal i tried was delicious but a bit too small.
Some meals have been ok, but others terrible with some unusual flavours that I have had to through away. At $11 per meal I feel terroble to through out but I just couldnt eat more that a few spoons.

NLC

NLCBentleigh

Average

Very small. Very expensive for what you get. I struggle to see how these reviews are authentic. They should also specify the allergens in each meal. Just because they are vegan doesn't mean they don't have other allergens. When I asked about other allergens they could not offer much assistance.

Tani

TaniMelbourne

Not as good as they appear

Gloria SSoulara

Small meals, don't be fooled by fake reviews

The meals are SO small for what you pay. As a member of Sydney Vegan Club, there's definitely more members saying it's bad rather than good.
Funny how they removed a star rating system from their Facebook page. Even funnier that all these 5 star reviewers only have posted 1 review ever... Red flag alert.

Bland food at best.

Ordered 9 meals from soulara. Two of them weren't edible (rancid/off) the rest were so bland/boring. A real shame as a vegan meal service would be amazing. This service only perpetuates the idea that vegan food =boring rabbit food.

Nicky

NickySydney

Not worth it

I was so excited to try Soulara as there are no other vegan new delivery services out there, but overall I was pretty dissapointed. They forgot one of my meals which was frustrating, but the most dissapointing part was the size and taste of the meals. I am 50kg and generally eat a low sodium plant based diet but even for me, the meals lacked flavour and a lot of them had little nutritional value i.e little or no vegetables. The size of the meals would barely satiate a child - the mushroom bourguignon had about 2 teaspoons of mash potato, and there were 2 mushrooms with some onion and carrot. For $11 a meal, I expected a lot more.

Karen

KarenMelbourne

So few veggies

Dave

Daveasked

What is Soulara doing to:

- Fix tiny portion sizes?
- Offer better food (taste & presentation)?
- Not use any plastics or foil in the packaging?

I'd love a service that provided proper meals, and didn't cost the Earth (double meaning intended!)

Fired Up
Fired Up

What?

Hi David,

I hope you are well and thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts.
Your feedback is incredibly important to us and the team have taken these into consideration.
We have increased some of our meals portion sizes to 400 grams, however, we appreciate that each individual requires more or less. This is in review to ensure that we can further maximise our customer's experience.

In terms of the taste and presentation of our food, our production team are working closely with our local Australian suppliers, expert nutritionists and QA officer during these uncharted times to ensure we continue to use fresh ingredients and produce high-quality meals. We also aim to review our menu on a fortnightly basis and upload a new meal every 2 weeks.

The team also appreciate your concerns regarding the use of plastic in our packaging. We use biodegradable packaging that can be recycled, placed with your general waster, or composted. The containers are 90% biodegradable which means that over time all the packaging decomposes except for 10% of the inorganic plastic material. We try to minimise the impact the use of plastic has by using BPA free, directly recyclable plastic manufactured through a 30% cleaner process than other methods. We are actively looking into phasing out our plastic packaging in the coming months and switching over to even more biodegradable alternatives.

Thank you again for taking the time to send through your questions.

Andy

@Fired Up, what could you possibly not understand about the review?

Birsen F.

Birsen F.asked

Does Soulara help with weight loss

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara meals are nutritionist designed. With satiating fibre, plant protein, healthy fats, and low GI carbohydrates, Soulara meals can assist you in meeting your weight loss goals and maintaining a healthy weight with ease.

Carmen P.asked

what additives, if any, do you use?

Carmen P.

is anyone there to answer my question about additives?

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara is proudly additive free! We use modified atmospheric packaging in our shipments, to keep your meals fresh without using any additives or preservatives.

Andy

"modified atmospheric packaging" could you explain exactly what this is without the obvious marketing jargon please?

Get an answer from our members and Soulara representatives

CategoryFood Delivery Services