Soulara

• Timely DeliveryYes (9) · No (1)
SMV

SMVSydney, NSW

Not bad, not great

Dani M.

Dani M.Sydney, NSW

Not as 'clean' as it seems

Timely DeliveryYes
Hana

Hana

Okay food. Charged after cancellation.

The food is alright. The quantity is good but I find sometimes they lack a bit of sauce and it can be a bit dry. After 2 orders I went to cancel but I still got charged for the 3rd. Instead of a refund they gave me credit even though I didn't want to order through them again.

I find it to cost more than it's worth.

Timely DeliveryYes

Kate

KateSydney, NSW

Delicious flavour but fat/carb-heavy

Absolute positives for flavour. The meals are generous and are really really tasty. My issue is a lack of fresh/salad/steamed veg options. Heavy emphasis on thick, coconut cream-based dishes with pasta, rice, potato. After a few days it feels too heavy and feel the emphasis is on more Indian-style food/spices/flavours (though some alternate Asian inspiration!) but very little alternate fresh salad or lighter options (unless a low fat soup).
I’d definitely keep some in the fridge for a tasty carb alternative but as an overall diet lacks in veggies and is too legume/rice/cream-laden.

P Karthikeyan S.

P Karthikeyan S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Tiny Portions!!!!

Pros:
Tasty and quality food.

Cons:
Tiny portions (big minus guys). Always had to make myself another meal after having Soulara's. So eventually stopped ordering.

Conclusion:
Great initiative, they're doing ok, but they should address the above flaw in their best interests. Hope Soulara takes this feedback bit seriously.

Gloria SSoulara

Tasty meals however was disappointed

The meals are tasty and healthy however, we cancelled our membership because they don't take the boxes for recycling or re-use on orders. It's a huge waste and we are tired of having to discard boxes. Quite disappointing. Maybe they need to work out a better way for delivery of orders

Amy B.

Amy B.

Ordered it once and never again

The serving sizes were not appropriate for an adult. Especially with vegan meals it is essential you eat enough

There were a few nice meals but most of them were mediocre, and there were a few inedible ones.

Too much single use plastic going straight to landfill.

Ordered it once and never again. Not for me

Update****
Ever since I made this review last night there have been ads for soulara on my Facebook AND Instagram

Not tooooo bad

The meals are okay. Some better than others. The portions are quite small and I find all of the curries to taste very similar. My first order I got 12 meals and if I ordered again i’d probably only get the minimum number of meals for an order (not sure what that is).

Zsuzsi

ZsuzsiPerth, WA

Tasty food but ridiculously small portions

Healthy meals full of flavour and have to mention the convenience of getting your meals delivered and not having to worry about lunches and dinners for a few days.
Unfortunately the tiny portions make it an absolute rip off. Also meaning you will be left hungry and looking for food to snack on throughout the whole day. (I'm rather skinny and generally not even eating big portions but most of these meals should be double the size!)

Find out how Soulara compares to other Food Delivery Services

Great concept, bland food.

I should start off by saying that the company is very organised and professional, meals arrive when expected, and it is an easy system to use online. With that said, the food itself is not great. I understand that flavour and taste is a very subjective thing, however, I found most meals very bland. A lot of my meals were curry based and they had absolutely no flavour! I would suggest that they hire new chefs or find better recipes.

Natalie R.

Natalie R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They lost me

Jebella90

Jebella90Melbourne

Nice food, crap customer services !

I wanted to leave soulara a good review as I enjoy the food and their meals have helped me during my busy life with a newborn and toddler. But I am leaving a 3 star because although I enjoy the food customer service is so important and to myself especially. I’ve contact soulara’s support team a few times about technical problems like adding extra things to my order and no one gets back to me. Really disappointed.

Luis Sanchez

Luis Sanchez

Pretty average

Gloria SSoulara

Food is good, packaging is so wasteful

I love the Soulara food but the packaging is all plastic. It can be recycled but it SUCH a waste. Its such a shame they dont use biodegradable packaging!

Gloria SSoulara

The only weight loss vegan meal delivery service in Sydney.

Find out how Soulara compares to other Food Delivery Services

Inconsistent but great when they get it right!

Dave

Daveasked

What is Soulara doing to:

- Fix tiny portion sizes?
- Offer better food (taste & presentation)?
- Not use any plastics or foil in the packaging?

I'd love a service that provided proper meals, and didn't cost the Earth (double meaning intended!)

Fired Up
Fired Up

What?

Hi David,

I hope you are well and thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts.
Your feedback is incredibly important to us and the team have taken these into consideration.
We have increased some of our meals portion sizes to 400 grams, however, we appreciate that each individual requires more or less. This is in review to ensure that we can further maximise our customer's experience.

In terms of the taste and presentation of our food, our production team are working closely with our local Australian suppliers, expert nutritionists and QA officer during these uncharted times to ensure we continue to use fresh ingredients and produce high-quality meals. We also aim to review our menu on a fortnightly basis and upload a new meal every 2 weeks.

The team also appreciate your concerns regarding the use of plastic in our packaging. We use biodegradable packaging that can be recycled, placed with your general waster, or composted. The containers are 90% biodegradable which means that over time all the packaging decomposes except for 10% of the inorganic plastic material. We try to minimise the impact the use of plastic has by using BPA free, directly recyclable plastic manufactured through a 30% cleaner process than other methods. We are actively looking into phasing out our plastic packaging in the coming months and switching over to even more biodegradable alternatives.

Thank you again for taking the time to send through your questions.

Andy

@Fired Up, what could you possibly not understand about the review?

Birsen F.

Birsen F.asked

Does Soulara help with weight loss

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara meals are nutritionist designed. With satiating fibre, plant protein, healthy fats, and low GI carbohydrates, Soulara meals can assist you in meeting your weight loss goals and maintaining a healthy weight with ease.

Carmen P.asked

what additives, if any, do you use?

Carmen P.

is anyone there to answer my question about additives?

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara is proudly additive free! We use modified atmospheric packaging in our shipments, to keep your meals fresh without using any additives or preservatives.

Andy

"modified atmospheric packaging" could you explain exactly what this is without the obvious marketing jargon please?

Get an answer from our members and Soulara representatives

CategoryFood Delivery Services