Soulara

• Timely DeliveryYes (23) · No (0)

HarmonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tasty Food

I joined Soulara as I heard great things about their plant based meals. I like the idea of their packaging being able to be recycled. Soularas meals do taste great and are good portion sizes. There were a few teething issues at the start around delivery dates. However these were resolved efficiently.

Harmony

Thank you Syl for your phone call and all your assistance.

Gloria SSoulara

You're very welcome Harmony! You're a valued customer and we're always here to answer any questions or help with anything you need.

TeriXena

TeriXenaSydney, NSW

Pretty Yummy, Mostly

I was pleasantly surprised by the delicious food delivered by Soulara. I only had one disappointing meal, and I will just know not to get that again. I highly recommend their Indian inspired recipes. Seriously delicious. I am trying vegan eating for health reasons, as I have tried everything else for a condition I have which medical science doesn't understand and therefore cannot treat.

Hello TeriXena,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the food! We really hope we are able to provide you with meals that can suit your life and hopefully help with your medical condition!

Mr & Mrs Thomas

Mr & Mrs ThomasSydney, NSW

Healthy fast food

Healthy high quality meals, and excellent customer service. When using for the first time it pays to order lots of different meals, as some are tastier than others. I’m a vegetarian for ethical rather than health reasons, and I’m not a fan of tempeh, TVP or tofu, which does rule out 50% of menu. Highly recommended as a great working week fast meal.

Denise K

Denise K

Nice food, some annoyances

Steph

Steph

Delicious meals that keep you wanting more!

I thoroughly enjoy the soulara meals each week, my only complaint is I wish the portions were a little bigger for satiety. I have been ordering for over a month and will continue if I notice the portions become larger.

Gloria SSoulara

Nutritious plant-based meals that DELIVERS!

LOVE how convenient Soulara is! I’m so sick of cooking what to eat during the quarantine, and now I have nutritious lunch and dinner sorted for the week, ready in 2 mins! Their meals are filling without that sleepy feeling after a big meal.

Hi Clara,
Thank you so much for the feedback. I hope that you're safe and well. I am are so happy to hear that you are thoroughly enjoying our meals. Thanks for sharing the love.

Charlotte

Charlotte

Good food but not long enough to eat them

As a vegan I really enjoyed the meals and variety in sizes and flavours, however, most of the time used by dates were not far enough in the future for me to eat the meals fresh. Most of time the entire order only had a five-day window to eat them, which when you have ordered a week's worth of meals was frustrating. For this reason, it is unlikely I would rely upon Soulara as my main source of meals.

Gloria SSoulara

Fantastic option for quick, nourishing, TASTY meals when you’re busy.

As an athlete/student with little time for meal prep - Soulara is fantastic! abundant menu and plenty of variation, something for everyone. Loved the high protein range for recovery between training.

NatG

NatGSydney, NSW

Amazing food - just a couple of changes and it would be perfect!

The food is so tasty - my partner I were so surprised at how much we have enjoyed each meal. I personally think the portions are fine (I check that I am choosing meals with the appropriate calorie content for my needs), however am am a small female that isn't exercising much at the moment and think that a few more meals around the 650-700 cal mark would be welcomed by big eaters and those who workout a lot.
I would also love to see Soulara do something like this with their packaging in the near future (along with a box/jar return service) - https://www.farmdrop.com/blog/farmdrop-ready-meals-plastic-free-packaging/

Find out how Soulara compares to other Food Delivery Services

Great variety of delicious vegan meals, shame about the volume of plastic waste

Hosh F.

Hosh F.Sydney, NSW

Great meals and good service

I've been eating these meals for around 2 months and I absolutely notice the difference now in terms of my digestive health.
The kombucha pack is 100 and their laksa is so good too.

I also order their chia puddings for dessert and it's such a healthy alternative to any other treats.

Gloria SSoulara

Hi Hosh, thanks so much for taking the time to provide this feedback and for the support! It is truly appreciated and we're thrilled to know we've helped!

Ivy V.

Ivy V.South East Queensland, QLD

Loving the Soulara life

2 weeks in and so far loving the Soulara life! Although I don't love every meal (I think you'd find that everywhere), there's been a few I've really enjoyed like the Luminous laksa and Abundance broth.

I love not having to worry about cooking and the prices are really reasonable. I think it would cost me the same to cook something nutritious like this myself!

Being a vegan, I care a lot about animals and would like to see some improvement to the packaging system. I would love to see 100% recycled/recyclable packaging and perhaps reuse of the boxes and ice packs of possible.

Otherwise love your work soulara, thank you for making my life so much easier!

Helen Buchanan

Helen BuchananHunter Region, NSW

Wonderful taste sensation

We are loving the delightful tastes and surprises of each meal so far. I ordered Soulara meals whilst we do a big renovation to assist with nutritious meal planning, what a great idea of mine.

Sandie

SandieSydney, NSW

Very Tasty

Meals are filling and delicious, a good balance between main meals, breakfasts and treats, so I get to spoil myself as well as eating lots of vegetables. Much of the cost can be refunded by the NDIS for NDIS participants, which is usually a quick process. Could be slightly improved if NDIS were invoiced directly by Soulara so customers only pay their portion up front. However, these meals are easy to digest, which has reduced symptoms of my health condition. I’d recommend Soulara food.

Timely DeliveryYes
Meal Plan(s)12 Meals per Week
g_har

g_harSouthwest, VIC

Delicious meals, great for portion control, the only issue is packaging!

A great variety of delicious plant based meals helping me control my portion sizes. The only issue I have is the packaging, the large shiny silver box the food comes in which I have to "recycle" (probably goes to landfill). It would be great if they could do a box return service like Lite n Easy? Also improvements to the food containers making them more reusable or recyclable/biodegradable.

Kanchana

Kanchana

Amazing food!

I ordered a range of Mels. Breaky, lunch, dinners and snack desserts. All have been delicious. I have added more lemon/line, chilli flakes and salt/pepper to each meal to customise to my preference but the meals are full off flavour. High quality ingredients and customer service is great. You do need to meet their cut off for ordering though and if you miss it they won't be able to continue the service so can't depend on it as a regular service which is disappointing. Serving sizes are on the small side.

Adz

AdzSydney, NSW

looking good soulara :)

So I started with Soulara over the Christmas new years period and honestly haven't looked back since. I am 140kgs and want to get back to a good weight and this has been amazing. I must admit i struggled at first with the size of the meal however after my 3rd order i find that Im getting use to it now and I'm starting to lose that weight add bonus doing some good for the environment and the food tastes awesome. Can't go wrong with the Jalapeno mac and cheese and the salted caramel dreams, Yumooo

service has pretty good the customer service guys are great and very accomodating. 2020 looking like the year of successful weigh loss.

shareexperience

shareexperienceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only 100% plant based - fantastic convenience for vegans

Well done Soulara for looking after the vegans with delicious frozen meals, very easily and clearly labels, a great choice of recipes, great app. it would be even better if you could change the range of meals offered more offered

Great for vegans wanting to do calorie control

Christoffer P.

Christoffer P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I think they're great

Good sized portions; not too much, not too little, just right. I also like that they have a good variety of meals to chose from. I have no imagination when it comes to cooking vegan food so this helps a lot.

Tasty lovely nutritious plant food but ...

The meals are brilliantly nutritious interesting and fresh! However automatic second week order went through morning after meals arrived. Not enough time to taste & review or amend order. Therefore I cancelled subscription but may re order again soon and try other dishes.

Meal Plan(s)9 Meals per Week

Dave

Daveasked

What is Soulara doing to:

- Fix tiny portion sizes?
- Offer better food (taste & presentation)?
- Not use any plastics or foil in the packaging?

I'd love a service that provided proper meals, and didn't cost the Earth (double meaning intended!)

Fired Up
Fired Up

What?

Hi David,

I hope you are well and thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts.
Your feedback is incredibly important to us and the team have taken these into consideration.
We have increased some of our meals portion sizes to 400 grams, however, we appreciate that each individual requires more or less. This is in review to ensure that we can further maximise our customer's experience.

In terms of the taste and presentation of our food, our production team are working closely with our local Australian suppliers, expert nutritionists and QA officer during these uncharted times to ensure we continue to use fresh ingredients and produce high-quality meals. We also aim to review our menu on a fortnightly basis and upload a new meal every 2 weeks.

The team also appreciate your concerns regarding the use of plastic in our packaging. We use biodegradable packaging that can be recycled, placed with your general waster, or composted. The containers are 90% biodegradable which means that over time all the packaging decomposes except for 10% of the inorganic plastic material. We try to minimise the impact the use of plastic has by using BPA free, directly recyclable plastic manufactured through a 30% cleaner process than other methods. We are actively looking into phasing out our plastic packaging in the coming months and switching over to even more biodegradable alternatives.

Thank you again for taking the time to send through your questions.

Andy

@Fired Up, what could you possibly not understand about the review?

Birsen F.

Birsen F.asked

Does Soulara help with weight loss

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara meals are nutritionist designed. With satiating fibre, plant protein, healthy fats, and low GI carbohydrates, Soulara meals can assist you in meeting your weight loss goals and maintaining a healthy weight with ease.

Carmen P.asked

what additives, if any, do you use?

Carmen P.

is anyone there to answer my question about additives?

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara is proudly additive free! We use modified atmospheric packaging in our shipments, to keep your meals fresh without using any additives or preservatives.

Andy

"modified atmospheric packaging" could you explain exactly what this is without the obvious marketing jargon please?

Get an answer from our members and Soulara representatives

CategoryFood Delivery Services