South Pacific Health Club

South Pacific Health Club (page 2 of 7)

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Variety of classes, great facilities and clean

I am a member of the city gym and while I'm not one to 'pump weights' I love the classes. From anything les mills to reformer Pilates, yoga, core, strength classes or spin there are loads of classes to choose from and multiple different time slots. The staff are friendly, bathrooms/change rooms clean and I never have to wait for a shower. Highly recommend.

MishB

MishBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refusal to put the cost in writing completely put me off

No soap in showers for days

No soap in the shower is for days on end I have spoken to the cleaners and been advised that the property is subleased and no money will be spent on fixing the basic item

Such as hooks to hang clothes missing for months

Cleaning Chadstone

Hello I'm proud to say that I'm a member of chadstone health club and I will like to say that is one of the best cleanest and fresh to work out in the gym! Thanks to EcoWave Cleaning for excellent job.
Highly recommended!

Sincerely Peter
Member Chadstone

Putty

PuttySandringham

Review of the reviews

STAY AWAY

The facilities are great but the member policy is a scam. They don't deserve your money. Go jogging or buy some weight it's way more cost effective

Abhishek

AbhishekMelbourne

Unfair Business Practices

karl

karlMelbourne

South Pacific Health Club Williamstown.

The only reason i joined South Pacific Health Club Williamstown. was for Yoga and meditation but one can not help get the impression. they are trying to Drive. these group classes out to replace them with any thing Les Mills even to the point in the yoga room they bright lights highlighting Les Mills. THere a lot of disgruntaled customers in the yoga classes and should they continue down the direction i suspect more will contunie to leave.

Ivan Perth

Ivan PerthPerth

Great gym, great customer service

I am visiting Mentone in Victoria and joined the local SPHC for 6 weeks whilst here. The staff are extremely friendly and courteous, and always on hand.

The range of equipment is extensive, all in great condition.

janna83

janna83AU

Shady business practices

Upset Customer

Upset CustomerSt Kilda

Predatory Business Practices

There was a day that I loved going into SPHC for a good workout.

After sustaining an injury in my wrist January 2017 they continued to charge my account. Many attempts to "rectify" the situations were essentially a sleazy opportunity for them to UNDER COMMUNICATE and continue to charge me. These guys are 100% shady. It starts with a gal by the name of [name removed]. You seriously need to hold her accountable. Anything said in person needs to but put into an email for your records. Trust me you'll need it later and that's IF they don't wear you out with their awful communication and business practices. Seriously 40+ emails in 8 months and it's still an ongoing battle.

Do you yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

sam

samMelbourne

Good gym

Gym facilities are good and very convenient. A decent variety of classes, membership approach is old school, lead times on cancellations etc as opposed to some of the new approaches used

lalomiz

lalomizTasmania

Deceptive and misleading conduct re cancellation and free trial - they refuse to let you cancel

I sent query through the South Pacific Website for a free swim.I went in and offered two weeks free. I found the swim awful. Could not swim as too many kids screaming, the lanes are small and few. The place was dirty. Had to wait for shower. So I called the next day to cancel. They said no worries. I found a few deductions and called. They refused to give me an email. They are now calling me and harassing. I had to close my bank account. They will not accept someone does not want to be a member. Contract was emailed with no reply email. They refuse to let you cancel.

Emma

EmmaPark Orchards

Rude staff and horrific cancellation policy

Chadstone

I joined this Gym just over a month ago and there was a misunderstanding with payment which they rectified immediately. The customer service is really good here a lot better that a couple of years ago when I went to join and was put off.
So far so good, the trainers are excellent and an all round friendly vibe.

The only thing I was a bit disappointment about was the state of some of the lockers- some are coming off the hinges. But that's being picky.

It would be nice to have a few more group classes on like boxing and more cycle classes but overall I'm quite happy.
I wanted to give a review because of how much I feel that this place has changed from the first time I checked it out.

TW1melbourne

Terrible. The worst customer service i have EVER come across.

Hi Amanda, i would love to discuss this. Please call asap 0414 464 642

TW1

Hi Amanda, still havnt heard anything from anyone, a further 3 emails sent, received the usual 'i will get back to you tomorrow' and 'its been passed on my manager will contact tomorrow'
Looking forward to hearing from you

Sandra M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst experience of a gym

I never actually got to use the gym due to a death in the family and my own ill health which the gym were aware of, when I wanted to cancel I heard nothing back except through a collection agency six months later after I had cancelled. I am disgusted at the gym and they way they have approached this. After six months they then wanted a medical cert. I will be bringing it to the ombudsman. It is all about making money and no service.

Sandra M.

How do I send a private message is there an email address that I can follow up on ?

Over priced for very little

Went into South Pacific Williamstown tonight for a casual session as my gym was closed for a couple of nights. I asked the man at the front counter how much it was just for a casual session to which he replied 25 dollars! Could not believe it to be honest way over priced. I then went into the gym floor and realised that I had just paid 25 dollars for basically nothing. 1 of every equipment, poor quality free weights and the equipment was low standard. I didn't ask about membership prices but to be honest I wouldn't want to join that gym. Invest some money into some better quality equipment and more of it. So much space is just wasted! Was not satisfied in the slightest and will not be going back.

Sam

SamMelbourne

Bad Service

The staff say one thing and they do the opposite. As long as the get money off you there happy. Thats all they think about is money not the customer.

Claire D.South Pacific Health Club

Worst customer service experience ever!

When you try to reduce your monthly fees - nobody returns your call!

When you call to cancel your membership you apparently need to sign a document in triplicate - Until then the 30 day notice doesn't start! Who still uses carbon triplicate documents!

Not a very enjoyable experience going, joining or leaving this gym!

Oh and don't ever ask a trainer for help in locating a piece of equipment - Apparently they don't work there! (Even though they have the SPHC polo top on with "Trainer" plastered over the back!)