Southern Cross Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (12), 1-2 weeks (51), 2-4 weeks (33) and 1-2 months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (113) · No
Tina K.

Tina K.Perth, WA

Great service in time of need

We travelled a lot over the years and for the last few years have used SCTI. In March 2020 we had to cancel a trip to the US for non-COVID related reasons. The process to have our airfares refunded was easy and quick. All up it was a painless experience, done online and by email instead of sitting on a phone for hours. For an insurance company, I was hugely impressed.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Millsy

MillsyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not your average insurance company!!

Have been a customer for many years, our claim was kept open until all our refunds came back from tour, air and cruise companies.
We were emailed monthly, to see how we were going with our refunds, our last refund was 0n 19/7/20, after emailing SCTI today, 21/7/20 we received our balance or shortfall this afternoon, same day !! For me, this is extraordinary for any insurance company, well done SCTI.
PS. thank you Sarah from claims !!!

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Millsy, thank you so much for your feedback. We're really happy that we were able to make your claiming experience such a good one. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

GFP

GFPPerth, WA

Don't travel without it.

Easy to set up. Easy to claim online when we supplied all the details required. Easy to clarify any questions we had over the phone. We rented a car for two months in New Zealand and unfortunately scraped one wheel against the curb. The rental company charged us and we made a claim on our travel insurance which was dealt with very efficiently to our satisfaction.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi GFP, thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Dazza

DazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Jemma is a valuable GEM!!!!!

Claim DateApril 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Daria, thanks so much for your review. I will pass your lovely comments on to Jemma. We're pleased we were able to help. All the best, Deb@SCTI

JulesH

JulesHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick easy claim process

Used Southern Cross travel insurance for our Bali trip. My daughter required medical assistance whilst we were away. Came home, claimed online which was a very easy process. Received an email today saying the claim was approved and all medical expenses were refunded. It appears they chose to waive the $100 excess too. Thank you, I will definitely use Southern across for all future travel insurance (when the world goes back to normal!)

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jules. Thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Briana

BrianaSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrific service

First time we have used this inurance provider and found them excellent to deal with. Prompt replies to our queries. Would recommend them to anyone. Above our expectations. Great service.

Claim DateApril 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Briana, thanks so much for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Saints

SaintsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Wonderful Company

I highly recommend SCTI. I disembarked early from a cruise ship because of the coronavirus fears and changing ports, put in a claim 3 weeks ago, and this morning was advised that they have covered all my costs. Sarah, the Claims Assessor, was excellent. Will only use SCTI for future travel insurance. Thank you

DestinationAustralia
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Saints, thank you for your review. We're pleased you got home safely. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

chez

chezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommended

I highly recommend this company, prompt claims process, good value for money, even with existing medical conditions,great choice of coverage especially for cruisingextra cost very reasonable for two extra medical conditions.

DestinationAustralia
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Chez, thanks for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Gladys Ling

Gladys LingIllawarra, NSW

No one should leave Australia without travel insurance.

my policy was accepted on line, and was great value for money. I paid for twelve months not expecting to claim as I'm a reasonably healthy person, but with the current virus I couldn't travel overseas as planned in October. My claim has been viewed and settled within a few weeks. I'm so pleased.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Gladys, Thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Barry

BarryVictoria

This is why you take out travel insurance

Due to unforeseen circumstances it was necessary for us to lodge a claim. Because we took out our policy the moment we booked our trip our policy covered us fully.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Barry, thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Christine

ChristineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic service and amazing helpful people

Had to cancel on 27th February at start of Coronavirus outbreak
Only took three weeks to resolve which
regarding the timing just fantastic Had one call for confirmation purposes
Have used before and will again when travel resumes and easy to set up

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Christine, Thanks for the lovely feedback, it's great to hear that we were able to help you out. I hope you'll be able to take your trip soon! All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Christian

Christian

Great service and customer support

I was a bit scared as never heard about SCTI before. But thanks to the people for the reviews helping me to decide. I am glad that we choose SCTI. Did lodged claim, which was approved within 1-2 weeks. Great customer service. Well recommended.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Christian, thanks for the lovely review! We appreciate your feedback. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Poor service

Sick of sending emails and not getting a reply for my very simple claim, I’ve tried ringing but after waiting 40 mins I got sick of the wait. Policy was good value and they had good reviews, the the reality is far different

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Cat D.

Cat D.Sydney, NSW

Great product, good price, good claims service

I have used SCTI a few times. I used to work for an insurance company and i can tell you that it isn't the premium that matters, it is whether they pay when you need to claim. SCTI were fantastic when my passport was stolen in Cuba a few years ago. No quibbles, just paid up. I find their premiums are good value and it is also simple to insure most pre existing medical stuff. I would highly recommend them. I have since travelled to europe and also to Japan taking out separate policies. This review is for my end to end experience and i am also noting the claim i had in 2017.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South America
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateMay 2017
Claim ApprovedYes

Extremely efficient and always available to talk

I have claimed twice over the years I have booked with SCTI and I cannot fault them. They are efficient and their call centre is easy to reach from overseas. Best prices around too. Will always book with SCTI for my trips

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess, Lost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateNovember 2019

Value for money

I have taken out travel insurance with SCTI a few times and always found their policies to be good value with easy to understand coverage details. My most recent trip is the first time in over 20 years of traveling that I have ever made a travel insurance claim, albeit a minor one. SCTI was easy to detail with - the process was straightforward and they paid the claim in line with their policy. Will definitely continue to use them.

DestinationSouth America
Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

More than financial reimbursement

We booked SCTI based on friend’s recommendations and they delivered. Insurance is something you never want to use but was very glad I selected SCTI when one of my children had to undergo emergency surgery in Fiji. It was great to get all associated costs back but customer service team really assisted my entire family during the process (accommodation, flights, medical opinions, dealing with hospital commercial team) Thank you Southern Cross

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Chaz

ChazGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to make a claim

I had a straightforward claim: My flight to NZ was delayed 3 hours then cancelled. Since I was only going to NZ for the weekend, I didn't get on the replacement flight they offered us (which would get me there ate 4PM the following day).

Jetstar refunded my flight, and I claimed the rest (accommodation, car hire, transport to/from airport) with SCTI. I lodged all receipts with them and received my money back about 4 weeks later.

Smooth Claim

Long time customer. Unfortunately, I injured my finger in Bali and all costs incurred were reimbursed by SCTI following the claim with supporting documents. Affordable prices. Will recommend this insurance company. Headache-free claim.

Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Rick

RickHobart, TAS

Exemplary Service

I didn't think I would write such a review for an insurance company, but my experience in both taking out a policy and in making a claim (the test of a good policy and company) could not be faulted. Various members of my family have used SCTI over the last couple of years and I hope that their reasonable prices stay competitive as I plan to use them for a major overseas trip this year.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess