Southern Cross Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (14), 1-2 weeks (55), 2-4 weeks (35) and 1-2 months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (111) · No (0)
Tina K.

Tina K.Perth, WA

Great service in time of need

We travelled a lot over the years and for the last few years have used SCTI. In March 2020 we had to cancel a trip to the US for non-COVID related reasons. The process to have our airfares refunded was easy and quick. All up it was a painless experience, done online and by email instead of sitting on a phone for hours. For an insurance company, I was hugely impressed.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Carmel

CarmelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If only all companies were like this one...

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Great customer care and prompt clear communication

I have used SCI on 2 occasions. The big test of any insurer is when you make a claim and fortunately I have not had to do so with either policy but when I had to cancel my policy due to Covid restrictions, the communication was friendly, professional and they refunded my premium promptly and without issue. Their rates are competitive, their online platforms are easy to use and their communications have always been prompt. I will be using them for my next trip without question.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Adrian, we appreciate your review and look forward to covering your next trip. Best wishes, Katie@SCTI

Millsy

MillsyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not your average insurance company!!

Have been a customer for many years, our claim was kept open until all our refunds came back from tour, air and cruise companies.
We were emailed monthly, to see how we were going with our refunds, our last refund was 0n 19/7/20, after emailing SCTI today, 21/7/20 we received our balance or shortfall this afternoon, same day !! For me, this is extraordinary for any insurance company, well done SCTI.
PS. thank you Sarah from claims !!!

Claim DateFebruary 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Millsy, thank you so much for your feedback. We're really happy that we were able to make your claiming experience such a good one. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Easy application and good value

Have insured with SCTI over several years now. Applying remains simple and the cover is still great value. I have only ever needed to claim once but the cover is well worth the peace of mind.

DestinationEurope and New Zealand
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi MJM, we appreciate your review and hope we can help again soon. Best wishes Deb@SCTI

Leen

LeenSydney, NSW

Stand-up company. full premium refunded as travel cancelled due to covid

Appreciate SCTI to refund our premium paid for as our trip was cancelled. It was refunded quickly as well as waiving the usual $35 admin fee. Appreciate companies that try to assist customers during bad times.

DestinationSouth America
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Leen, We're pleased you're happy with your premium refund and appreciate your review. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

GFP

GFPPerth, WA

Don't travel without it.

Easy to set up. Easy to claim online when we supplied all the details required. Easy to clarify any questions we had over the phone. We rented a car for two months in New Zealand and unfortunately scraped one wheel against the curb. The rental company charged us and we made a claim on our travel insurance which was dealt with very efficiently to our satisfaction.

DestinationNew Zealand
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi GFP, thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Dazza

DazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Jemma is a valuable GEM!!!!!

Claim DateApril 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Daria, thanks so much for your review. I will pass your lovely comments on to Jemma. We're pleased we were able to help. All the best, Deb@SCTI

JulesH

JulesHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick easy claim process

Used Southern Cross travel insurance for our Bali trip. My daughter required medical assistance whilst we were away. Came home, claimed online which was a very easy process. Received an email today saying the claim was approved and all medical expenses were refunded. It appears they chose to waive the $100 excess too. Thank you, I will definitely use Southern across for all future travel insurance (when the world goes back to normal!)

Type of ClaimMedical
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jules. Thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Great Travel Insurance

Would not use any other insurance company. Luckily did not need to claim on this trip. Unfortunately have claimed in the past and they were excellent to deal with; everytime we spoke with SCTI they were prepared : had liaised with medical teams overseas and had a plan of action in place. Communication was excellent.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jane, thanks for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes Deb@SCTI

Briana

BrianaSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrific service

First time we have used this inurance provider and found them excellent to deal with. Prompt replies to our queries. Would recommend them to anyone. Above our expectations. Great service.

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateApril 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Briana, thanks so much for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Wouldn't go with anyone else

Ive been using scti for all my previous travels and have never needed to make a claim, until my most recent trip to Vietnam! With the required information provided (receipts and police reports) I was able to have my claim processed within a few weeks and had my funds received within a months time

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Ismail, thanks for the review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes Deb@SCTI

Saints

SaintsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Wonderful Company

I highly recommend SCTI. I disembarked early from a cruise ship because of the coronavirus fears and changing ports, put in a claim 3 weeks ago, and this morning was advised that they have covered all my costs. Sarah, the Claims Assessor, was excellent. Will only use SCTI for future travel insurance. Thank you

DestinationAustralia
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Saints, thank you for your review. We're pleased you got home safely. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

chez

chezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommended

I highly recommend this company, prompt claims process, good value for money, even with existing medical conditions,great choice of coverage especially for cruisingextra cost very reasonable for two extra medical conditions.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Chez, thanks for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Gladys Ling

Gladys LingIllawarra, NSW

No one should leave Australia without travel insurance.

my policy was accepted on line, and was great value for money. I paid for twelve months not expecting to claim as I'm a reasonably healthy person, but with the current virus I couldn't travel overseas as planned in October. My claim has been viewed and settled within a few weeks. I'm so pleased.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Gladys, Thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Barry

BarryVictoria

This is why you take out travel insurance

Due to unforeseen circumstances it was necessary for us to lodge a claim. Because we took out our policy the moment we booked our trip our policy covered us fully.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Barry, thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Christine

ChristineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic service and amazing helpful people

Had to cancel on 27th February at start of Coronavirus outbreak
Only took three weeks to resolve which
regarding the timing just fantastic Had one call for confirmation purposes
Have used before and will again when travel resumes and easy to set up

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Christine, Thanks for the lovely feedback, it's great to hear that we were able to help you out. I hope you'll be able to take your trip soon! All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Cancellation of policy

Had to cancel my policy with them as we were no longer travelling overseas due to the corona virus. They cancelled the policy with no dramas and even waived the cancellation fee

Hi Damon, thanks for the five star review! All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Christian

Christian

Great service and customer support

I was a bit scared as never heard about SCTI before. But thanks to the people for the reviews helping me to decide. I am glad that we choose SCTI. Did lodged claim, which was approved within 1-2 weeks. Great customer service. Well recommended.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Christian, thanks for the lovely review! We appreciate your feedback. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Trent

TrentPerth, WA

Perfect cover, for a perfect trip.

Set my excess amount and was very happy with cost for the 6 days.

I have used SCTI before and have had to make a claim due to a lost phone and they resolved this very quickly for me.

I have used them for around 7 years (maybe 6) and will continue to use them.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
See all Southern Cross Travel Insurance reviews