Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL

• Adequate Speeds Yes (29) · No (51)

Avoid this company

Gary

My a/c number is ACC184271. I have filed a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman.

Hi Gary,
I can see that one of our case managers are reviewing this for you. They will be in contact to confirm the closure of your account. *Darian

mckgnaoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still being charged 5 months after disconnection

Start DateMarch 2016
mckgnao

Hello Darian, it's ACC114098. Thank you for your quick attention to this.

Hobbit25South East Queensland, QLD

No Customer Service

Dreadful Customer Service. It took weeks to get a reply. Finally, the excuse was she was on long service leave, so I assume only one person in the office. Then they followed that up with a feedback form "Your feedback is very important to us", which I rated as bad, to which they replied with another feedback form. And they keep doing this, at the moment I'm up to form number 10.

I got to 16 email forms before they stopped

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am so sorry to hear that you have had this continual loop of contact. I can definitely understand how frustrating this must have been for you. Can you please respond with your account number so I can review this contact further for you. *Darian

Ms J

Ms JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst company

Terrible service

Absolutely terrible service. I cancelled my account mid July and have been charged 3 times since then, even after being told that there was an accidental charge and that I would be credited for this. Instead of the credit, I have been charged again, along with a "late fee". I have emailed multiple times with no response, and have been on hold for over an hour with them.

Start DateMarch 2017
Mike R

Mike RSouthern and Hills, SA

• ADSL

Southern Phone Are Truly Hopeless. Stop Billing Me for My Cancelled Account !!

Start DateJanuary 2014

Time waiting

Only problem was waiting on phone for an answer I was number37 so I hung up next day I was number 15 so I stayed and it took 15minutes to get through

Start DateMarch 2020
Contract Type12-month contract

Dave B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t go near Southern Phone!!

Had a lot of problems with speed/disconnections so moved to another provider. Have been charged for the last three months since leaving despite calling them 4 times about it. They don’t answer emails and can’t help over the phone. Going to have to dispute the charges on my credit card and go via the ombudsman to get my money back - a lot of trouble that they could have prevented!

Start DateJanuary 2016

Hi Darian, ACC120042

Tom GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Telco ever!

Since my ISP sold their business to Southern Phone, it's been nothing but pain. Technical support is non existent, no one answers emails or online form, take hours to get hold of them on the phone, just to learn later that billing issues repeat. Called 3 times to disconnect, and they continued to charge me, after customer service ensuring me that it was not going to happen again...
If you choose them for some weird reason, be warned - they are hard to get rid of. You'd spend hours of frustration. It's still not over for me...

Start DateJanuary 2018

lynnSydney, NSW

Avoid at all cost

I don't usually leave reviews, but this experience has been so bad I just need to warn other people. Avoid at all costs. After the buy-over from MyNetFone the internet became gradually worse. Since a year now I have constant dropouts all day every day, dropping out and reconnecting. At night the internet is so slow it becomes useless. I have tried many times to get in touch with them to fix it. Nothing has been done. Now I have been trying to cancel for the last 3 months but they're not even answering emails. Avoid avoid avoid!

Start DateJanuary 2016
lynn

Yes tried several times. As mentioned have been in touch many times but nothing has been done for a final fix. I’m cancelling. Only when I leave a negative review you decided you want to help

QKiNew South Wales

WORST COMPANY

bad systems in place, bad customer service, slow internet, cant say anything good about this company. Their system disconnected our adsl because IT thought we didnt pay our monthly bills but we did. So had to waste hours to call customer service and then they said they have reconnected but somehow the internet wont work. so we decided to cancel it altogether. i still received the next bill even after disconnection and month later i still havent received a refund for the unused days. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

Start DateMarch 2018

FEED UPMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Worst company to deal with

Bad service very hard to get problems resolved have had to go through the TIO multiple times & still bad & getting worse have screen shots of speeds paying for ADSL2 + ¬ getting what I pay for am changing providers & would not recommend to my worse enemy

• +1
Start DateFebruary 2013
JAN P.

JAN P.North Queensland, QLD

Very good response in answering questions

I have 2 contracts with you and I love the quality of service for the cost is services. I am also thinking of a mobile wifi service. Thanks for the great work.

Start DateJune 2020
Contract Type12-month contract
David

DavidSydney, NSW

ADSL2 from mynetfone

They were unable to resolve voip installation issue following port from mynetfone. After escalation to ombudsman complaints office was unable to resolve matter. Some 12 months after leaving I got an email closing my cases. Also wear unable to contact by telephone and account in limbo between mynetfone and southern phone after compulsory transfer of plan.

Start DateDecember 2017
Jefferson D.

Jefferson D.Sydney, NSW

Good Service

I automatically transferred to Southern Phone from AusBBS. I honestly have no complaints. I was on ADSL+ plan and speeds were expected as advertised. Paying bills over the phone was a breeze, & the customer service is good. The wait times could be better. I would suggest for a better customer experience to improve the call wait times, otherwise, great work.

Start DateNovember 2018

Woeful customer service

Start DateOctober 2019
Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

The worst service and waste time

This is the worst service. Spent 3 hours try to call them but no one. Spent all day too look up on their website but surely nothing, they don’t know what their clients need, all information came up about set up direct billing form my bank account what I absolutely didn’t look for. I will rate them 1 star and share my bad experience on fb group and rate 1 star for realestate who recommended me this service

Start DateMay 2020

Hi there,
It sounds like you have had a poor experience with us recently and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you? *Shelby

Nicole

NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The WORST. Off and on connection for months. I’ll be lucky if it works for a whole 10 mins at a time

My internet connection and satisfaction of it had went downhill ever since MyNetfone was bought over by Southern Phone. I’ve been having on and off connections for months. Not one time I’ve ever gotten the fastest and smoothest connection. It’s frustrating even more so as we have to be at home at all times because of the pandemic. A house with 4 people living in it fighting for a decent internet connection. After this month, I’m out! Customer service was so far average, but doesn’t change the connection rate. Honestly, I’m missing the service of the previous company (also not the best but better) before unwillingly pushed into this company.

Save yourself the frustration

I was forced to migrate to this company and whilst the people answering the calls are pleasant, It takes me on average an hour to speak to anyone. The actual internet data is sooooo sloooooww. i have been sent 2 different modems and "had the firmware updated" over the phone only to then lose all connection and have to call back and be out on hold for another hour. Have wasted so much time and become so frustrated and now totally over this incompetent service currently waiting to switch companies

Start DateJanuary 2018

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues with your service. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further?

Jamie

JamieHunter Region, NSW

Don’t choose Southern Phone

Southern phone have absolutely THE WORST customer service.
You email them and get a reply a few days later, or NO reply at all.
I have sent them MANY emails (over several months) with pics of speed tests and videos attached of how our modem doesn't work properly.
And NO ONE HAS REPLIED to me in weeks and weeks and weeks.
Dobt waste your time signing up with these clowns, take your money elsewhere and get dreat service.
They never call to tell you when your contract is about to end, or about any better deals they may have.
I'd give them MINUS starts if I could, cause 1 star is too good a rating for these clowns.

Start DateApril 2016