Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL

Listing monitored by Southern Phone

• Adequate Speeds Yes (31) · No (55)

Geoffrey Iliff
Geoffrey IliffNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Landline and ADSL function in Tullah, Tasmania.

My landline went suddenly dead on the 2nd July. However, the ADSL still worked. How? They're on the same line. I complained to Southern Phone about the landline, using 'chat' function. It achieved nothing. I used the Southern Phone email and had a satisfactory reply. The technician found the fault in the local exchange yesterday, 13th July, and fixed it. He came to my house to check my landline was working. That was much appreciated.

Start DateJune 2010
Andrea BogdanichPerth, WA

Absolute idiots

Closed my account and paid my bill. Got sent some random bill and questioned it. Got told that it had been sorted and closes was a mistake and now have received a notice from a debt collector. Absolute bunch of idiots.

Andrea Bogdanich

And as you can see my account was closed the September before that

MalcolmB
MalcolmBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Courteous and Satisfactory

DebelloSydney Surrounds, NSW

What a joke

I currenlty reside in the blue mountains and as soon as there even a hint of rain the internet drops out kinda like sydney trains haha. I used to live in penrith and i swear could have a flood and still be streaming my favourite show while floating around my backyard

Hi Debello,
I am really sorry that you experience these issues with the internet service.
If you don't mind responding with an account or reference number and I will have a look at this for you.
- Dakota

Debello

No point as leaving your service and going to internode
Word of advice if you want to stay in business pick up your game

Keegan
KeeganSouth East Queensland, QLD

If it were possible to rate zero. I would do so.

Most of the time I would just use my phone internet because the southern phone internet wouldn’t load.

Service was aweful too. You had to jump through loops to get anything done. The only time you would get a quick response was if you had missed a bill.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Awful Service!!

They have been double charging me for months, took $700 out of my account in 1 hit, and are unreachable to fix this issue via email. I've called and been promised a fix, to date this has been going on for 3 months!!

Christian
Christian

ACC120073

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comedy of Errors

Dealing with Southern Phone was the absolute worst I have ever experienced. Like @mckgnao who posted on 21/11/2020, I am still being billed for an ADSL service that was canceled in August 2020. They even dredged up ridiculously bogus charges that I refused to pay - the last time that occurred I demanded that the CEO send an apology to me but, of course, that was never going to happen. It's such a shame because the previous owners of the company (MyNetFone) were excellent in all respects. All I can say is that I am glad that I never agreed to allow direct debit when Southern Phone took over, otherwise I would be having to spend countless more hours waiting on hold and sending email messages to get my money back.

ACC116201

Avoid this company

Gary

My a/c number is ACC184271. I have filed a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman.

Hi Gary,
I can see that one of our case managers are reviewing this for you. They will be in contact to confirm the closure of your account. *Darian

mckgnaoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still being charged 5 months after disconnection

Start DateMarch 2016
mckgnao

Hello Darian, it's ACC114098. Thank you for your quick attention to this.

Hobbit25South East Queensland, QLD

No Customer Service

Dreadful Customer Service. It took weeks to get a reply. Finally, the excuse was she was on long service leave, so I assume only one person in the office. Then they followed that up with a feedback form "Your feedback is very important to us", which I rated as bad, to which they replied with another feedback form. And they keep doing this, at the moment I'm up to form number 10.

I got to 16 email forms before they stopped

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am so sorry to hear that you have had this continual loop of contact. I can definitely understand how frustrating this must have been for you. Can you please respond with your account number so I can review this contact further for you. *Darian

Ms J
Ms JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst company

Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeCapped Data

Terrible service

Absolutely terrible service. I cancelled my account mid July and have been charged 3 times since then, even after being told that there was an accidental charge and that I would be credited for this. Instead of the credit, I have been charged again, along with a "late fee". I have emailed multiple times with no response, and have been on hold for over an hour with them.

Mike R
Mike RSouthern and Hills, SA

Southern Phone Are Truly Hopeless. Stop Billing Me for My Cancelled Account !!

Start DateJanuary 2014
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Time waiting

Only problem was waiting on phone for an answer I was number37 so I hung up next day I was number 15 so I stayed and it took 15minutes to get through

Dave B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t go near Southern Phone!!

Had a lot of problems with speed/disconnections so moved to another provider. Have been charged for the last three months since leaving despite calling them 4 times about it. They don’t answer emails and can’t help over the phone. Going to have to dispute the charges on my credit card and go via the ombudsman to get my money back - a lot of trouble that they could have prevented!

Hi Darian, ACC120042