Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL

1.1

• Adequate Speeds Yes · No (52)

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comedy of Errors

Dealing with Southern Phone was the absolute worst I have ever experienced. Like @mckgnao who posted on 21/11/2020, I am still being billed for an ADSL service that was canceled in August 2020. They even dredged up ridiculously bogus charges that I refused to pay - the last time that occurred I demanded that the CEO send an apology to me but, of course, that was never going to happen. It's such a shame because the previous owners of the company (MyNetFone) were excellent in all respects. All I can say is that I am glad that I never agreed to allow direct debit when Southern Phone took over, otherwise I would be having to spend countless more hours waiting on hold and sending email messages to get my money back.

Start DateMay 2019

ACC116201

Hobbit25South East Queensland, QLD

• ADSL

No Customer Service

Dreadful Customer Service. It took weeks to get a reply. Finally, the excuse was she was on long service leave, so I assume only one person in the office. Then they followed that up with a feedback form "Your feedback is very important to us", which I rated as bad, to which they replied with another feedback form. And they keep doing this, at the moment I'm up to form number 10.

I got to 16 email forms before they stopped

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am so sorry to hear that you have had this continual loop of contact. I can definitely understand how frustrating this must have been for you. Can you please respond with your account number so I can review this contact further for you. *Darian

Terrible service

Absolutely terrible service. I cancelled my account mid July and have been charged 3 times since then, even after being told that there was an accidental charge and that I would be credited for this. Instead of the credit, I have been charged again, along with a "late fee". I have emailed multiple times with no response, and have been on hold for over an hour with them.

Start DateMarch 2017

Dave B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t go near Southern Phone!!

Had a lot of problems with speed/disconnections so moved to another provider. Have been charged for the last three months since leaving despite calling them 4 times about it. They don’t answer emails and can’t help over the phone. Going to have to dispute the charges on my credit card and go via the ombudsman to get my money back - a lot of trouble that they could have prevented!

Start DateJanuary 2016

Hi Darian, ACC120042

Tom GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Telco ever!

Since my ISP sold their business to Southern Phone, it's been nothing but pain. Technical support is non existent, no one answers emails or online form, take hours to get hold of them on the phone, just to learn later that billing issues repeat. Called 3 times to disconnect, and they continued to charge me, after customer service ensuring me that it was not going to happen again...
If you choose them for some weird reason, be warned - they are hard to get rid of. You'd spend hours of frustration. It's still not over for me...

lynnSydney, NSW

Avoid at all cost

I don't usually leave reviews, but this experience has been so bad I just need to warn other people. Avoid at all costs. After the buy-over from MyNetFone the internet became gradually worse. Since a year now I have constant dropouts all day every day, dropping out and reconnecting. At night the internet is so slow it becomes useless. I have tried many times to get in touch with them to fix it. Nothing has been done. Now I have been trying to cancel for the last 3 months but they're not even answering emails. Avoid avoid avoid!

Start DateJanuary 2016
lynn

Yes tried several times. As mentioned have been in touch many times but nothing has been done for a final fix. I’m cancelling. Only when I leave a negative review you decided you want to help

QKiNew South Wales

WORST COMPANY

bad systems in place, bad customer service, slow internet, cant say anything good about this company. Their system disconnected our adsl because IT thought we didnt pay our monthly bills but we did. So had to waste hours to call customer service and then they said they have reconnected but somehow the internet wont work. so we decided to cancel it altogether. i still received the next bill even after disconnection and month later i still havent received a refund for the unused days. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

Start DateMarch 2018

FEED UPMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Worst company to deal with

Bad service very hard to get problems resolved have had to go through the TIO multiple times & still bad & getting worse have screen shots of speeds paying for ADSL2 + ¬ getting what I pay for am changing providers & would not recommend to my worse enemy

• +1Thumbnail
Start DateFebruary 2013
Nicole

NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The WORST. Off and on connection for months. I’ll be lucky if it works for a whole 10 mins at a time

My internet connection and satisfaction of it had went downhill ever since MyNetfone was bought over by Southern Phone. I’ve been having on and off connections for months. Not one time I’ve ever gotten the fastest and smoothest connection. It’s frustrating even more so as we have to be at home at all times because of the pandemic. A house with 4 people living in it fighting for a decent internet connection. After this month, I’m out! Customer service was so far average, but doesn’t change the connection rate. Honestly, I’m missing the service of the previous company (also not the best but better) before unwillingly pushed into this company.

Save yourself the frustration

I was forced to migrate to this company and whilst the people answering the calls are pleasant, It takes me on average an hour to speak to anyone. The actual internet data is sooooo sloooooww. i have been sent 2 different modems and "had the firmware updated" over the phone only to then lose all connection and have to call back and be out on hold for another hour. Have wasted so much time and become so frustrated and now totally over this incompetent service currently waiting to switch companies

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues with your service. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further?

Almost a month of no internet and over charged when terminating

My service was migrated to this terrible company without any choice. I had almost a month of no internet and was not refunded for the lack of internet, despite my house hold not being able to use the internet and needing to hotspot off our mobiles. I then ended the service, but it was a few days after the monthly payment for the next month was debited. They did not refund for the additional days that they were not providing service. Do not go with this company.

Hi Sarina,
I am really sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with us recently. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist?

Rob

RobHunter Region, NSW

Shoddy

Hi Rob,
Thank you for your response. Can you please respond to the private message I have sent you with your account details so I may look into this further? *Shelby

Kalin Eade

Kalin EadeSydney, NSW

Worst experience of my life

I don’t think I’ve ever had to deal with a company like this before. I’ve been trying to get my internet to work properly since 2019, it’s not even funny. They just hung up on me after waiting 40 minutes to speak to someone (not the first time). That’s just disrespectful. I’m trying again, but this time is to cancel the service for good. Lucky I have time today.

Start DateNovember 2019

Wish I could give 0 stars for 0 service

It's going to be hard not to be aggressive in this review. Southern Phone have charged be several hundreds of dollars for a service that has not worked ONCE for 10 MONTHS. No joke at all. I'm trying to disconnect form their service but they hang up on me. The worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Do not get connected with them. Made my life absolute hell, and even now that I've moved over to Telstra (who are AMAZING), I still can't disconnect from them. I'm disgusted and appalled. Gotten the TIO involved months and months ago and still nothing. Disgraceful.

Start DateApril 2019

Worst experience/service ever

After MANY back and forths with this company I am STILL without internet service and no answers. They keep telling me it's been fixed for me to find that it still isn't. I have asked multiple times to be let go from my contract because I am not getting internet service and they just ignore me and tell me that my internet has been fixed when it hasn't. Beyond frustrating.

Start DateJuly 2019
Contract Type12-month contract

The worst customer service

Frank

FrankMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Southern phone, leaving us high and dry over Xmas. Nearly 3 weeks of no internet. Bad customer service.

oz.sutton

oz.suttonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5 months since "onboarding" from Mtnetfone - NO usage info or ANYTHING useful on my account portal

Start DateJune 2019

Very poor customer service

It has been a very long time since I have seen such poor customer service. Conflicting information provided from each customer service representative. Long wait times. Rude when on phone. Would not recommend.

Herbie