Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL (page 2 of 14)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (30) · No (52)

Save yourself the frustration

I was forced to migrate to this company and whilst the people answering the calls are pleasant, It takes me on average an hour to speak to anyone. The actual internet data is sooooo sloooooww. i have been sent 2 different modems and "had the firmware updated" over the phone only to then lose all connection and have to call back and be out on hold for another hour. Have wasted so much time and become so frustrated and now totally over this incompetent service currently waiting to switch companies

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues with your service. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further?

Jamie

JamieHunter Region, NSW

Don’t choose Southern Phone

Southern phone have absolutely THE WORST customer service.
You email them and get a reply a few days later, or NO reply at all.
I have sent them MANY emails (over several months) with pics of speed tests and videos attached of how our modem doesn't work properly.
And NO ONE HAS REPLIED to me in weeks and weeks and weeks.
Dobt waste your time signing up with these clowns, take your money elsewhere and get dreat service.
They never call to tell you when your contract is about to end, or about any better deals they may have.
I'd give them MINUS starts if I could, cause 1 star is too good a rating for these clowns.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Almost a month of no internet and over charged when terminating

My service was migrated to this terrible company without any choice. I had almost a month of no internet and was not refunded for the lack of internet, despite my house hold not being able to use the internet and needing to hotspot off our mobiles. I then ended the service, but it was a few days after the monthly payment for the next month was debited. They did not refund for the additional days that they were not providing service. Do not go with this company.

Hi Sarina,
I am really sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with us recently. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist?

Tammy

TammySydney, NSW

Ridiculously Unreliable

Aside from the fact that the internet is often slow, 2 days ago I lost my internet connection completely. I called 4 times, the phone was never actually answered and it just rings out. I've emailed their customer service but of course there has been no response. It really is a waste of time.

Hi Tammy,
I am really sorry to hear that your internet service is not working correctly. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further?

bushmedicinewoman

bushmedicinewomanPerth, WA

They're OK.

Like I said they're OK. Internet gets a bottled up n slow sometimes on the weekend. Perhaps they need more bandwidth. I was migrated to them by Mynetfone who I had been with for a decade or so. Southern Phone were/are more expensive :-(
Their Accounts Dept needs whipping into place - and I suspect they are using non compliant practices as they have their 'fingers on the boot button' without justification. I think their accounts system is in a mess as they have accidentally booted me off without warnings about 3 times in the last year due to their accounts database not updating automatically.

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so we may discuss this further?*Shelby

Nauro64

Nauro64Central West, NSW

Technical and Customer Support virtually Non Existent

With VOIP and ADSL services I have found when there is a fault it is almost impossible to contact them. When you call you will be placed on a lengthy hold unless you select the newConnections option, in which case the call is answered within seconds! They have a chat function on their website but clicking on it simply brings up a list of hyperlinks to issues followed by a link to email them!! Phone and internet out for days now. Several emails and calls and either unable to contact or no response!!! I cannot wait until my contract is over when I will be going somewhere with decent customer support.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Clearing dissatisfaction with Southern accounts.

Never had a problem with your service, but your accounting has been terrrrrrible. Better,deeper, wider staff-training seems necessary. Get them up to match Darians level. Without his attention I would have departed Southern. Jim.

Rob

RobHunter Region, NSW

Shoddy

Hi Rob,
Thank you for your response. Can you please respond to the private message I have sent you with your account details so I may look into this further? *Shelby

Kalin Eade

Kalin EadeSydney, NSW

Worst experience of my life

I don’t think I’ve ever had to deal with a company like this before. I’ve been trying to get my internet to work properly since 2019, it’s not even funny. They just hung up on me after waiting 40 minutes to speak to someone (not the first time). That’s just disrespectful. I’m trying again, but this time is to cancel the service for good. Lucky I have time today.

Wish I could give 0 stars for 0 service

It's going to be hard not to be aggressive in this review. Southern Phone have charged be several hundreds of dollars for a service that has not worked ONCE for 10 MONTHS. No joke at all. I'm trying to disconnect form their service but they hang up on me. The worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Do not get connected with them. Made my life absolute hell, and even now that I've moved over to Telstra (who are AMAZING), I still can't disconnect from them. I'm disgusted and appalled. Gotten the TIO involved months and months ago and still nothing. Disgraceful.

Worst experience/service ever

After MANY back and forths with this company I am STILL without internet service and no answers. They keep telling me it's been fixed for me to find that it still isn't. I have asked multiple times to be let go from my contract because I am not getting internet service and they just ignore me and tell me that my internet has been fixed when it hasn't. Beyond frustrating.

SLD

SLDSydney, NSW

• ADSL

Absolutely terrible in every possible way

The worst customer service

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

World's worst internet and customer service

No internet since 4 days. Called 7 times. Average wait time for each call 18-20 minutes. Don't even pick up the call after 4 pm. Call duration minimum 30 mins. First company where tech guy says LBN is not my domain so I can't help. Wait till Monday till someone comes and see your problem. Which means at least 7 days without internet. Beauty is I have already paid for no internet. No compensation no refund.
Not willing to send any tech guy to help and fix the problem. They don't care. Worst people to deal with. Please don't use their service. You would regret!!

Frank

FrankMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Southern phone, leaving us high and dry over Xmas. Nearly 3 weeks of no internet. Bad customer service.

oz.sutton

oz.suttonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5 months since "onboarding" from Mtnetfone - NO usage info or ANYTHING useful on my account portal

LouieLaunceston, TAS

• ADSL

Connectivity/speed is reasonable - price is not super competitive...!

Louie

Thanks Ruby - have sent PM now.

Very poor customer service

It has been a very long time since I have seen such poor customer service. Conflicting information provided from each customer service representative. Long wait times. Rude when on phone. Would not recommend.

Herbie

Herbiecomservmaint@gmail.com

Woeful service

Carl

CarlSydney, NSW

Disappointed

For the last 2 weeks we have had no internet service. Calling and being left on hold for 30-45 minutes on numerous occassions before being answered with no resolution in site. Despite being told that some one would call back with an update we are yet to recieve one. We are left to tether internet from our mobiles at an added cost to ourselves. We dont have the time to be on hold for a phone call while we work.
Clearly you are unable to provide a service that you are happy to send a bill for. Im sure the telecom ombudsman will be happy to resolve this.

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews