Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL (page 4 of 14)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (30) · No (52)

MalcolmB

MalcolmBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• ADSL

Great AU call centre but rubbish wait times

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Ok speed. No customer service!

Diana

DianaBICHENO

Terrible customer service when moving houses

Ed Douglass

Ed DouglassIllawarra, NSW

it was ok ..but

no complaints with the service ..but waiting on the phone is abysmal .and being put onto a wait list which never happens is beyond belief..account charges without verification is a no no..also no notification as to connection availability to nbn..???

Terrible service.

Got transferred from MNF after 7 years with them only to be grossly disappointed. No internet for 2 days and this seem to happen every month around the billing cycle. Was put on hold for an hour but gave up. You should compensate us folks for the number of days we are not getting what we paid for. Terrible. MNF should also be ashame of choose this service to transfer their customers too.

Hi,
I am so sorry to hear that your service has been affected. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so I can help look into your service. *Darian

No ADSL. Dropped out for 12 hours+. No customer response. Past MyNetFone customer heading elsewhere

I'm another past MyNetFone customer and was largely happy with their service for 4 years. Transferred automatically to Southern Phone 2 months ago, when MNF ceased. We have had some intermittent problems but nothing too long until today. Offline at least 12 hours. No one is responding on the helpline, nothing on their website to help, no-one to 'chat' with from the link on the website. Surely if they were sorting out things & trying to keep customers, they could sms updates, or bring in staff to copy with enquiries. Now I have found this site. Too many bad cases to be a coincidence. I'm going elsewhere now for sure. Thank goodness I can tether to my phone in the short term

Nev

NevSydney, NSW

Poor poor service

Gee what can I say
I was with mynetfone And wax transferred to southernphone
Wow what poor service
Totally unusable internet in last few days
When I rolled over they didn’t take my account details so they just froze my account unknown to me
When I ring to cancel service today I have to leave a message for them to call me back
Finally got s call back but as soon as I said I wanted to disconnect they immediately transferred to their disconnection team and wow o wow I am now on call waiting waiting waiting
Gee if it is this hard just to cancel think long and hard about joining them
This should be such a simple request but no they just put you on hold indefinitely ahhhhhh
Please help and just allow me to cancel this poor service

Hi Nev,
I am so sorry to hear that you had this experience with our team. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so I can help get this sorted once and for all. *Darian

Don't even think about it!

Many years of perfect fast zero problem internet with mynetfone. But now that southernphone have taken over... I'm impressed! Impressed by how truly awful an isp can be! Currently no internet for the past 36 hours and support is unable to say when it will be fixed except that is is affecting a lot of former mynetfone customers and they working on it. Their website is buggy and ugly, support is difficult to get hold of and not very helpful when you do get through. I am churning away just as soon as I possibly can cos I've had more than enough or the worst service! Not to mention numerous billing errors that I had to waste my time on to get fixed.

• ADSL

Worst Telco I have ever been with

Transfered over from Mynetfone.
Avoid this Telco like the plauge, zero for customer service, incredible slow internet that frequently drops out and if bill is not payed on the day you receive it via email, your plan is suspended. And if paying by bpay, takes up 2 three days to clear so you need to pay days prior to receiving your bill to avoid suspension!!!

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Atrocious Customer Service and Charged for Service Two months after Service Disconnected

Was migrated over from Mynetfone after takeover. Has been a amazing with them. But after I wasn't getting the same plan I disconnected service. Two months on still being charged from credit card. Customer service is overseas call centre and communication is via email. Will have to take this to the telecommunications ombudsman to get a final resolve. Stay Away from this outfit.

Tilly

TillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely rubbish customer service

Transferred over from MNF and have had nothing but problems with the customer service. I still haven’t been sent a bill. Every time I try and contact Southern Phone no one answers the phone, the chat feature is useless. I leave my details and I get sent emails without content. Most useless company I have ever experienced. I wish broadband would hurry up and roll out in my area so I can go somewhere else. If I could rate zero stars I would.

Hello Tilly,
Please accept my sincere apologies for all of the issues you have recently experienced with our team. If you can please respond to my private message with your account details, I would be happy to assist. *Yvette

Jo W

Jo W

If I could give zero star I would!

Rico

RicoLogan

Unsure which way is up

Out of patience

Can somebody please DM me so I can obtain some support and potentially an ADSL 2+ connection? I am a former happy MNF customer and have been buying additional data on my sim plan so I can use my phone as a hot spot. After 20+ years of using ISPs, this is by far the worst experience I've had. I was not even made aware of the migration until after the fact when someone called me (is this even legal?). I don't think skimping on some change management is going to work out so well for your reputation.

Shocking service

I also was transferred after being a happy mynetphone customer for 3 years. Initially I was cut off for not paying bill (as had direct debit with mynetphone), rectified this and was told services were restored. Well this was 3 weeks ago and despite ringing every couple of days it was never restored. I finally gave up and cancelled my account on friday then the next day i get direct debited because it only works after you cancel your account apparently!
The story has been different with everyone I have spoken to in customer service as well. And apprently i cannot get a refund as it's a pre paid service! They have promised me a call back but I have been promised that at least 3 times and never once got a call. Absolutely shocking service!

Find out how Southern Phone ADSL compares to other Internet Service Providers

Longing for the days where internet just worked

Bek R.

Bek R.

Not consistent Internet service

I was MyNetFone customer over 2 years and did not have major issues.
I was switched to Southernphone and started having issues:
-Over 2.5 day no Internet
-Payment issues: I was received an invoice and the due date was the same day - it is not a kind approach.
-Interernet connection is not consistent so there are many disconnections.
-The speed is not fast.
-Customer service is not good
-Tech team is not helpful

I think they need to do some changes about the recent issues. I am now canceling my account.

charlieb

charliebGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A Trainwreck

THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

They would have to be the worst company I've ever dealt with. I have not had my internet working for over a week now since migration. I have called them every night over the last 4 days, and have been waiting minimum 45 minutes to tonights effort of 1 hour and half (90 minutes) before someone answered. They have still not provided any level of service. I still don't have a working internet. I don't know what to do. I have already been billed for month in advance for internet that doesn't work. I am actively looking elsewhere.

Carlo S.

Tonight I cancelled my account and went with another provider.

Notsohappy

NotsohappySydney, NSW

No customer service, no Internet service. I want out!

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews