Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL

• Adequate Speeds Yes (1) · No (3)

The worst customer service

Elizabeth

ElizabethMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor customer service

On Wednesday 4/9 we had no internet called southern phone got through ok the chap said he would get technical support to ring on Thursday my husband stayed home all day no phone call I had called three times during the day waiting 30 minutes no answer Friday I called from 2.11 waited until 3 pm to get through still a effort to get any support stating it was my fault even though I had been deducting payments still no internet after 3 days what crap customer service

Start DateJuly 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Wedge

WedgeALEXANDRA, VIC

You can't contact them

I was a customer of My Net Fone. Apparently SP took over the telephony side of MNF. I did not know until problems started to arise, with my telephony and internet.
To try & make contact with them is a joke; you are kept in a Q for 30 minutes, if you hang on. They need more CSO to answer phones. I have been without a landline for 3 days (that's how long it took to make contact with them). I'll give them credit that when you do make contact it is with an Australian in Australia, not someone in Madras, Bangladesh or the Philippines. They did sort out the problem once I was able to speak to someone!

Start DateApril 2019
Adequate SpeedsYes

mike

mike

Slow.

Long wait time 2 hrs+. Fixed soon after problem logged. Continually experience long wait times with frequent dropouts and having to start procedure again. Fault lies with inadequate staffing. Whole service needs a shakeup!

Contract Type24-month contract

Start DateMay 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeCapped Data
Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Internet has been average, poor customer service

- Internet speeds are average
- I have been unable to get through to customer service to cancel my service (constantly being told there is a 5 minute wait)
- Poor communication
- Price is ok

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Paul

PaulYamba

Poor service

Internet kept on dropping out.Phoned southern waited 29 mins then phone cut out.Phoned again waited 40 mins to answer.The man was helpful but could not find the fault,said he would contact me again tomorrow at 12 noon.Waited 2 hours and nothing.
Put in a complaint via their site,6 days later still no contact.
I joined this telco because they have Australians on the other end but whats the point if they do not answer.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
John. K

John. K

Expansive and slow

Got connected to adsl2 and was slow and expansive. Would not recommend for people in rural areas. Mobile broadband is cheaper and faster.

Morning John,
I understand how frustrating slow internet speed can be.
If you can send me your account number and best contact numbers I will look into this for you and arrange a team member to contact you.
*Tandy

Integrity

Strange when you ring SP & you press 1 for service, noone answers after 44mins. Then ring again press 2 for sales and they answer in 2 mins!

Service has Fallen Away

I joined Southern Phone years ago and found them quick to answer an enquiry, staff were interested and tried to solve issues, even phoning back. Never had any real problems until....
I have lately changed my mobile service to SP and in an attempt to get the SIM activated (after following all instructions) I waited over half an hour for a very disinterested person who passed me onto technical (another half hour wait?) Still waiting to get it sorted
The ADSL service I have had for years was excellent until 6 months ago and now drops out.
Very disappointing drop in standards and I will have to find another option to NBN with them.

Selkie

SelkieBeisbane

Worst internet service provider. Should have chosen a more competent one.

ADSL connection

Set up took 3 weeks. Last company took half this time. was told false information about when my set up would be. Don't trust this company anymore and will be second guessing the information I'm told from now on.

Customer service is really bad. Was told 3 different connection dates for my wifi.
Was also told I would get a letter in the mail a week after the connection with connection details. It's 2017 like why couldn't it be an SMS or an email right after the connection is confirmed?!

What a nightmare!!

Wendy Jones

Please fix connection issues!

We have been a customer of southern phone for over 6 years now and never had a issue up until the last few months where we have been experiencing frequent drop outs, and now we have no internet or phone connection... after an hour trying to contact Southern phone I gave up...not good

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Hi Tally, I'm sorry to hear that your landline and internet connection has gone down. I have sent you a private message, if you could reply with your account details and we will contact you to assist with your connection.

No ADSL

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

From loyal fan to bitter disappointment

Come on staff and management; where has all that wonderful service gone to?? Been waiting for over 2 weeks for some sign of life from you.

Find out how Southern Phone ADSL compares to other Internet Service Providers

Very disappointed with service and customer service after 3 years . Live chat should have never come

I have had bad adsl for 3 months, have contacted threw chat and lady ignored my problem ,I asked for complaint number she ignored that , I told her if my bill was late I get a few , then I asked what do we get if we don't get what we pay for ? She couldn't answer just put me threw with tech support that told me I need new WiFi box ,
Guess what new one is just the same , I'm sure they will contact me soon as my bill will be over due , Financial Ombudsman should help me out.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Unhappy with the internet service

My net has been playing up non stop for the last 4-5 months and just recently in the last 3 weeks even worse to the point i now have no internet at all. Have tried calling a few times but the waiting time is ridiculous.... not happy and will sadly be changing back to telstra.

Sticks

SticksAustralian Capital Territory

Useless internet services!

My ADSL phone bundle is a joke! Internet drops out continually, internet speed is barely adequate to send emails. I pay over $90 a month and they charged me a fee for a paper bill because their system doesn't recognise hotmail. I will be ending my service as soon as my new provider connects me to the NBN.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds/drop-outs on your ADSL connection. I have sent you a message, please reply with your account and contact details if you would like to discuss this further.

The phone company you can never contact

Will someone there please contact me cos i have tried to contact you for three days unsuccessfully. Whats happening there ? I cant get anything from your co.

Greg

GregUlladulla

Southern phone don't answer their phone

As with the rest of the reviews I can't get through to Southern Phone. All the lines are engaged. I left Telstra because of their poor customer service. Now it looks like Southern Phone is headed the same way.

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews