Southern Phone ADSL

Southern Phone ADSL

• Adequate Speeds Yes (8) · No (1)

Time waiting

Only problem was waiting on phone for an answer I was number37 so I hung up next day I was number 15 so I stayed and it took 15minutes to get through

JAN P.

JAN P.North Queensland, QLD

Very good response in answering questions

I have 2 contracts with you and I love the quality of service for the cost is services. I am also thinking of a mobile wifi service. Thanks for the great work.

Jefferson D.

Jefferson D.Sydney, NSW

Good Service

I automatically transferred to Southern Phone from AusBBS. I honestly have no complaints. I was on ADSL+ plan and speeds were expected as advertised. Paying bills over the phone was a breeze, & the customer service is good. The wait times could be better. I would suggest for a better customer experience to improve the call wait times, otherwise, great work.

bushmedicinewoman

bushmedicinewomanPerth, WA

They're OK.

Like I said they're OK. Internet gets a bottled up n slow sometimes on the weekend. Perhaps they need more bandwidth. I was migrated to them by Mynetfone who I had been with for a decade or so. Southern Phone were/are more expensive :-(
Their Accounts Dept needs whipping into place - and I suspect they are using non compliant practices as they have their 'fingers on the boot button' without justification. I think their accounts system is in a mess as they have accidentally booted me off without warnings about 3 times in the last year due to their accounts database not updating automatically.

Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so we may discuss this further?*Shelby

Clearing dissatisfaction with Southern accounts.

Never had a problem with your service, but your accounting has been terrrrrrible. Better,deeper, wider staff-training seems necessary. Get them up to match Darians level. Without his attention I would have departed Southern. Jim.

LouieLaunceston, TAS

• ADSL

Connectivity/speed is reasonable - price is not super competitive...!

Louie

Thanks Ruby - have sent PM now.

MalcolmB

MalcolmBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• ADSL

Great AU call centre but rubbish wait times

Ed Douglass

Ed DouglassIllawarra, NSW

it was ok ..but

no complaints with the service ..but waiting on the phone is abysmal .and being put onto a wait list which never happens is beyond belief..account charges without verification is a no no..also no notification as to connection availability to nbn..???

Marja

MarjaFar North Queensland, QLD

80%, could be a bit faster

No, I hardly ever have a dropout. Not with the home line anyway. With my mobile there is a difference. I often use WhatsApp and I sometimes do not receive any video connection, just the phone. That's very disappointing.

Hi Marja,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details to see what I can do for the connection you are experiencing. *Darian

Lyn

LynSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good Service

Still on ADSL2

Have had ADSL2 for some years. There is a problem when a phone call comes in. The phone call takes over. Have not got NBN yet.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Hi Bernie,
As long as you are using a splitter, you should be able to use both the landline and the internet at the same time. If you are using a splitter and this is still happening, please let me know and we can look into this for you. *Darian

Bernie
Bernie

There is a splitter on each of the phone and computer connections.

Great provider and great service

I have an adsl connection and it was easy to get the modem and set up. Connection is good and sometimes it drops out but that is when school finishes and I suppose they are all playing games. I did have a bit of trouble about a year ago but the technical team sorted it out. I have been very happy with southern phone and wouldn’t think of changing. When nbn finally gets here I look forward to it being a bit faster but am not sure if that dream will come true.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, we really love to hear about these types of experiences. When the NBN does become available, please don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss your options. *Yvette

Have Faith In Southern Phone

Finally connected to NBN !!!!! three weeks and one day, many phone calls, and lots of frustration, until today when I spoke with Emma, who informed me of the fault stopping the connection, then talked me through the logging in process, after 10 minutes job complete. Yeah!. Can't thank you enough Emma, so pleasant to speak with, a great ambassador for southern phone co

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Hi Cliff, thank you for the great review! It was lovely speaking with you today and I'm glad that I was able to help.

Cliff

Complaint resolved Real People company.

Southern Phone Customer Service and complaints department I can not fault. I sent an email requesting they cancel the ADSL, mobile and home phone that a family member signed up to and once I gave them valid reasons they have closed the account with no further charges, within a month. They rang and emailed me 5 times. The team have shown empathy and understanding, I found they were not rude at all, just an Australian company who want to get on with it. I thanked them for being a real people company.

Sandy

SandyAU

Great customer service.

After years of stress waiting on the phone with Telstra and Optus for an operator I couldn't understand. S.P. are gold. You speak with a real person almost immediately in Australia who solves the problem (or promptly passes you to someone who can). The best customer service ever!! No problem with connection, no lies. My only issue is they don't have the low cost plans of the bigger companies, but you get what you pay for. Good, reliable service. Perhaps they will be able to offer better plans when I finally get NBN here.

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews