Southern Phone Broadband

Southern Phone Broadband Questions & Answers (page 3 of 7)

NBN, ADSL, Mobile Broadband, Sky Muster

129 questions from our users

Emmaasked

Southern Phone Broadband

I have moved house and need to retrieve the old land line from there to reconnect to the internet. how do I do this?

barry
barry

Any phone company will do it for you i had to do it for my internet for my new address 6 months ago

Emma

the number is listed as private so unable to retrieve. any suggestions?

Hi Emma,
When you relocate from one premises to another we can attempt to transfer the existing number depending on the distance between the locations. We are also able to provide you with a new landline number if required. If you contact us on 13 14 64 and speak to our team they will be able to explain and complete this process for you further.*Yvette

tracey

traceyasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Where are your shop fronts in nsw southern highlands or south coast?

Hi Tracey,
Our office is located on the South coast, in a small town called Moruya. *Yvette

King just

King justasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Hi there l ordered nbn over a week ago and get told it was rejected and rang nbn and they did not reject it or they did not receive the work order. Any ideas?

Hello,
There are a number of reasons why the order may have come back rejected like not being in an NBN area, or your credit rejecting. If you can send us an email to info@southernphone.com.au or call us on 13 14 64 we can find out the exact reason for the rejection. *Yvette

Harry

What ever you do just get away from southern phone. You will be much better with Telstra.

Shanice D

Shanice Dasked

Southern Phone Broadband

My grandad just recently received an nbn modem we can make calls on our home phone but we can’t receive them. Any ideas?

Hi Shanice,
Sorry to hear about the issues your grandfather has been experiencing with his landline. We would just need a couple more details from you to resolve this one, can you please get in contact with the team on 13 14 64 or send an email to info@southernphone.net.au. *Yvette

Harry

My home phone never worked again after going over to the NBN. I had to leave southern phone and go with Telstra to get my home phone working again. It cost me 350 dollars to break the contract but I am happy that I did. My internet business is booming now that I am with Telstra. Southern phone nearly put me out of business.

Jules

Julesasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Hi I just phoned your company to join with you guys for two mobile phone plans onl to be told we cannot get your cheaper $15 for first 6 months with 7gb as we are currently with Optus. Is there anything you can do to give us this offer?
Cheers,
Julia

Hi Julia,
You are still able to apply for this offer if you sign up with new numbers. Alternatively if you are wanting to retain the same numbers, I would suggest having a look at our Telstra Promotional plans here: https://southernphone.com.au/SIM-Only-Plans/Telstra. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in contact with team on 13 14 64 or sending us an email to info@southernphone.net.au. *Yvette

Harry

You will be much better off staying with Optus. Do not go with southern phone. Read the reviews they are a bad company.

Gerryasked

Southern Phone Broadband

How do I receive a list of phone calls made in a month?

Hi Gerry,
We can itemise future statements for you, so these calls appear on every statement. If you are interested in past months, I can supply your online access information where you can view the details of past statements and view all calls. To complete either of these, please send me an email to social@southernphone.net.au. *Darian

Gerry

Thanks Darian. I just need the latest one - there's been a sudden spike which I can't explain.

Dave

Daveasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Is Southern Phone off line in Wesrern Australia?

Hi Dave,

I have not been advised on any outages in Western Australia. If you are experiencing any issues with your service, please call us on 13 14 64 or send us an email to socialteam@southernphone.net.au.

*Darian

Harry

You will always have trouble with southern phone. Read the reviews and see what people are saying.

Humey

Humeyasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Where can i find out when my contract finishes?

Hi,
You can find out when your contract ends by giving the friendly team a call on 13 14 64, talking to our live chat agents on our website, or you can send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au. *Yvette

Harry

You will have to pay to get out of your contract with southern phone. I had to pay 350 dollars but I count it as money well spent to get away from these blood suckers. I went with Telstra and my internet business is now booming.

Rebecca

Rebeccaasked

Southern Phone Broadband

What is the late payment for not paying your internet account by the due date? It is not listed anywhere with the exact amount.

Hi Rebecca,
The late payment fee is $11.00. This charge is advised on the bottom of page 2 on your statement. *Yvette

Bernie
Bernie

Rebecca,
I don't know. My account is paid by direct debit and I haven't incurred any costs so far.
Bernie.

Harry

Do NOT EVER go direct debit with southern phone. Get away from them as soon as you can is my best advice.

mo 1

mo 1asked

Southern Phone Broadband

How can I increase ring time on inward calls on my Samsung J1 phone?

Hi,
Increasing the ring time on your mobile service is something that we complete through our system for you. Can you please send me an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number and I can get this increase organised for you. *Darian

Don’t have one

Don’t have oneasked

Southern Phone Broadband

What can you offer me? I rarely use my landline but I would like wifi. Now I am paying $50.00 plus a month and rarely use my land line, that would be just fees and I can’t afford it. I am NBN ready.
Alice

Hi Alice,
We have a large range of NBN plans available. You can use the link below to view the NBN VOIP (landline) and internet plans we have on offer.
Once you have reviewed the plans you can call 13 14 64 and select option 2 to speak to our team who will be able to answer any questions and complete any sign ups with you. *Darian

Harry

My only advice to you is to get away from southern phone. If it costs 350 dollars to break the contract then consider it money well spent. Join Telstra and start saving money from then on.

enidjune

enidjuneasked

Southern Phone Broadband

I have been with SPhone for some time and have been very satisfied. I like the fact that I can speak to somebody in Australia. Last August I entered into a new two year contract for NBN internet, home phone and mobile at a fee of $99. a month. Recently they advised that my mobile would now be 4g. and it would be just a few more dollars a month. They sent me a new SIM card. I have now received a bill for $259. When I complained they said they were putting me on a new contract and I now have to pay in advance instead of arrears. Do they have the right do do this half way through a 2 year contract?

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I do apologise for any confusion surrounding your plan change and latest bill with us, Enid. When we order a new service, plan or new sim card we are advising our customers that we are switching to in advance billing. If you wish to send a private message to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number, we can look into the order for you to confirm if this information was provided. *Darian

Harry

You will always have trouble as long as you stay with southern phone go with some other service provider.

Atom

Atomasked

Southern Phone Broadband

I am on nbn fixed wireless with internet phone which is very good, except that my phone only rings 6 times before going to mailbox. This means that we can't get to the phone quickly enough and don't get calls. How can I increase the number of rings please?

Hi,
In some cases it is possible to increase the ring time on your NBN landline. This is something that would need to be discussed further with our technical staff. You can get in contact either by calling 13 14 64, going onto live chat or sending us an email to info@southernphone.net.au. *Yvette

Harry

When you ring southern phone for technical assistance you will hear horrible music for ages before some body will help. Some times for no reason you will be disconnected and have to do the whole thing again. Ring up, press the buttons, horrible music for positively ages all with the possibility of being cut off and having to do it all once again.

Silverbeet

Silverbeetasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Just had network and landline changed to nbn all is working fine, but cannot get incoming calls in my landline. Any ideas?

Chloe
Chloe

You’ll have to get in touch with your provider for them to give you steps to fix it or possibly wait like an hour for tech support

Hi,
If you are having issues with your landline connection our team will have to look at the settings for you. You can call us on 13 14 64, speak to us via Live Chat on our website (https://www.southernphone.com.au/) or alternatively, send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au. *Darian

Harry

Your only hope is to get away from southern phone as soon as you can. My landline never worked again after southern phone switched to NBN. All OK now I am with Telstra.

Benjamin H

Benjamin Hasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Why is my data usage barred????? Every month I pay my bill and now it’s just barred!?!?

Hi Benjamin,

If you exceed your data inclusion, as well as the data boosts (if available on your plan), the data service is restricted to stop bill shock. You can send us an email with your account number to info@southernphone.net.au or call us on 13 14 64 and we can review your service and see if there is a more appropriate plan we can switch you too.

*Darian

Harry

Read Darians answer. They at southern phone want to STOP "BILL SHOCK". Your accounts will be SO HIGH that they will NOT tell you what your data usage IS. You would be a REAL FOOL to stay with southern SHONKY phone after this.

Lauren T

Lauren Tasked

Southern Phone Broadband

My SIM card all of a sudden won’t read. I’ve removed it and cleaned it, reset my phone and updated it yet it still won’t read. Any ideas?

Hi Lauren,
There are actually a number of reasons why your phone might not be reading your SIM card. The best way to have this resolved is to complete some further trouble shooting over the phone. If you can send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account details, best contact number and also confirm what the message is saying when the SIM is in the phone we can give you a ring and have this resolved as soon as possible. *Yvette

rick

rickasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Im having trouble with my nbn. I have tried calling too many times. If the phones are so busy why not a courtesy text or something.Not being able to get through, im certain im not the only one with this problem.the service has not been working for two days now .all of my devices say we have an excellent connection when clearly we do not.

Hi Rick,
I am sorry to hear you have been having this trouble getting through to our team. I understand how frustrating it is to not have a reliable connection. If you are able to send me an email at info@southernphone.net.au with your account details and best contact number, I would be happy to give you a ring and have this resolved as soon as possible for you. *Yvette

Harry

Southern phone and NBN are it seems not compatible. When I was with southern phone and they switched to NBN my home phone never worked again. I went with Telstra and all my problems were instantly solved.

Hillviews

Hillviewsasked

Southern Phone Broadband

I have received my sim but after reading all the issues by others reluctant to activate plesee someone give me a reason to do this or am iopening can of worms so to speak

will
will

you will regret it if you do read the reviews.

Andrew
Andrew

I transferred my home phone and two mobile services to Southern Phone six months ago. Until my last phone bill, I have to say that I've been really pleased with the shift. My particular issue has to do with the fact that I am using an IPhone and it is apparently sending hidden SMS messages to an overseas number, trying repeatedly and unsuccessfully to activte Apple's Imessage and Facetime services ...... and Southern Phone is charging me 61 cents every time.

When I documented my concerns on productreview.com, I received a message and subsequent phone follow-up from Yvette at Southern Phone. She has promised that my account will be credited for the overseas SMS calls and is working with me to get to the bottom of the issue. I have deactivated those Apple services on my phone but if the charges continue, I'll have no option but to go back to using my old Android phone.

Although this issue isn't yet resolved, I can't fault the attention that I've received and I've been impressed by Southern Phones' eagerness to get it sorted satisfactorily. Further, I'm sure that my issue is peculiar to my phone as there must be lots of Southern Phone customers using Iphones. I assume their Imessage and Facetime apps are working without their being constantly chaged for overseas sms calls. I repeat, this is my first issue with my Southern Phone account in six months. This wasn't the case with my previous carrier.

I think you need to allow for the fact that the people who take the time to do a review at all are the ones who have a problem or are unhappy. We are generally very quick to complain but slow to praise. So there must be an awful lot of happy Southern Phone customers out there who you will never hear from.

I fully intend to revisit my own review of Southern Phone, once my issue is finalised. In the mean time, if your Southern Phone sim is a plan without a lock-in contract, you presumably have little to lose. And even if that isn't the case, Southern phone seems to me to be a good deal better than that big Telco. Southern Phone even employs Australians! I Hope this is of some help.

Andrew.

Hi,
It is really important to be confident with your service and provider, so if you have any questions or concerns about activating your SIM, I would be more that happy to discuss this further with you. You can send me a email to info@southernphone.net.au. *Yvette

Nicci

Nicciasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Why can I call out but not receive calls on my phone line for the last 72 hours? Is there a connection issue? We have checked the handset and tried alternate handsets and all are the same.

Hi Nicci,
I am so sorry to hear that you have had these issues with your service.Before we can escalate this further we do require the full isolation test is completed. You can follow this by using the link below.
Once you have completed this, please send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number and details of the outcome. *Yvette

Harry

You will always have trouble like this while you have southern phone as your service provider. Leave them as soon as you can.

square

squareasked

Southern Phone Broadband

how can i change my landline number to my iphone?

Hi,
If you are wanting to divert your landline number to your mobile service you can complete this process by having call forward activated on your landline. If you would like to get this activated, please send us a private message to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number and the number you wish to divert to and we can help get this resolved for you.
*Yvette