Southern Phone Broadband

Southern Phone Broadband Questions & Answers (page 4 of 7)

NBN, ADSL, Mobile Broadband, Sky Muster

129 questions from our users

maggie

maggieasked

Southern Phone Broadband

can I have nbn in the next room to the main phone line?

Hi Maggie,

I can confirm there are certain types of NBN that allow a second NBN connection to your premises. To be able to confirm these details further I recommend that you contact our team on 13 14 64 and select option 2. Or you can send us through an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account details and a team member will get back to you with further information.
*Yvette

paddy

paddyasked

Southern Phone Broadband

i am on a optus green 4g plan unlimited calls and text does that mean i can phone home or mobile numbers any time?

Hi Paddy,

Yes that's correct. Your credit includes unlimited calls to Australian landlines, mobiles, calls to 13 and 1800 numbers, voicemail and SMS & MMS. There are also no restrictions on what time you can use your credit. If you have any further questions about your plan or service, you can view all the specification here https://southernphone.com.au/personal/mobile/sim-only-plans.
*Yvette

john

johnasked

Southern Phone Broadband

I'm paying for a 25Mps fixed wireless NBN service from southern phone. Since startup I have not had speeds much more than 7Mbs. Why ? Can this be fixed or should I be pushing to have my contract reviewed with a view to cancelling and a trying different server?

Honest 1
Honest 1

I suggest you call their Tech department also as you probably have already done do a speed check about three times during day download it and email to them. Hope this helps.

orer447
orer447

Contact tech support and have them do an advanced diagnostic test with you

Harry

When I was with souther phone my speeds were no better than the old dial up speeds. I payed for the fastest speed possible and just wasted my money.

Tom N

Tom Nasked

Southern Phone Broadband

For the 1gb $9.90 12 month sim only plan, is there any additional charges such a paper bill charge or anything like that i should know of?

will
will

There could be ?

Greg
Greg

Sorry but I don’t know. I never thought to ask about that.

Hi Tom,

To receive your statement in the postal system there is a $2.20 paper bill fee. If you receive the bill by email or if you set up a direct debit on your account, the paper bill fee is waived.

You can view the below link to view the critical information summary of the new plan. It includes the plan inclusions, exclusions, and information about data boosts.

Please do not hesitate to send me a private message to info@southernphone.net.au if you have any further questions.

maggie

maggieasked

Southern Phone Broadband

how long approx. would it take to deliver a text message ?I wonder sometimes if my texts are actually getting through

Hi Maggie,

Generally an SMS is received within a few seconds of it being sent, however, other factors can play a part in how quickly they are received.

If you are sending a message with a photo it may take slightly longer to receive. It also depends on both yours and the recipient's coverage at the time. If either of you has low or no reception, it won't be received until you are in a better reception area.

I hope this has helped. *Darian

Harry

With southern phone any thing can happen. With all there constant drop outs your texts may not get through. Get away from them. They almost ruined my internet business

Megan D

Megan Dasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Why is my NBN WiFi constantly dropping out?

Hi Megan,

I know how inconvenient it can be when your service drops out in the middle of using it. I have included a link below that gives you some troubleshooting steps for when your service goes down.

Once you have completed the necessary steps, and if you still experience issues please send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number and details of the outcome. You can also call us on 13 14 64.

Harry

Constant drop outs are common with southern phone. To stop this you will have to go to a better provider. The WiFi component of my southern phone modem never ever worked properly.

Ken L

Ken Lasked

Southern Phone Broadband

We have just been connected to NBN, but I cannot get my tablet connected. What can I do?

Hi Ken,

If you are able to conenct alternate devices to your Wi-Fi service, please ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your tablet. You can use the below link to articles aviable on how to connect to Wi-Fi for assistance.

If you ahve any further issues, you can send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au or send us a private message here and we can assist.

Harry

Really the only thing that you can do is go with another service provider. That is what I had to do and I am happy now.

Damien

Damienasked

Southern Phone Broadband

How do i set up an account?

HI Damien,

You can place orders online through our website. You can use the link below to access this.

You can also call 13 14 64 and select option 2 to speak to our sales team who will be more than happy to help.

bazza
bazza

dont deal with southern phones or you will be sorry worst company i have ever delt with

Harry

I must strongly agree with bazza. What ever you do, do NOT SIGHN up with southern phone. I did and they very nearly wrecked my internet business. I am with Telstra now after paying southern phone 350 dollars to break the contract and my internet business is making money again. They do NOT care that there shonky service will ruin some body's life. All they want is your money.

Martin D

Martin Dasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Why has my nbn been disconnected since Thursday night? I've used my phone credit waiting for someone to respond last i heard was a promise it would be back on within 24 hours? Now cant get through at all no explanation or reason i paid my bill three months in advance I'm isolated in the bush and an amputee I'm reporting this case to my local mp and the communication ombudsman i was promised a reply call within two hours it never came why are you trestung me like this?

Hi Martin,
As of Thursday evening, there was an internet upgrade but this has since been restored. Have you completed a quick power cycle? This is turning the equipment off at the wall, leaving it off for 5 minutes and then turning it all back on. This just helps refresh the connection. If this has not helped, please send me a private message here or via email at southernphone.net.au including your account number and best contact number and I will look into your service further. *Darian

Harry

You will never get a reliable internet service from southern phone. If you want a really reliable service then you will have to go with Telstra. With your living situation and your medical problems you should have signed up with Telstra in the first place. Southern Phone DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS they just want your money.

Chris

Chrisasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Y is my internet down every 5 minutes after 5 pm we are sick of this plz get your internet on track it happens all the time to us

Hi Chris,
Having numerous dropouts a day would be frustrating. I am sorry that this is happening. You can use the link below to follow the necessary troubleshooting steps. After this, if your service is not working, you can call us on 13 14 64 or send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au. If you send us an email, please include your account number and the outcome of the troubleshooting process. *Darian

Patricia

Patriciaasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Hello.. i am not tech savvy and I was wondering if there was some way I can take my tablet travelling with me and have the usage go on my home account. If not how can I connect to internet?

Hi Patricia,
Unfortunately, if you are travelling, you are not able to connect your tablet to your home internet connection. Depending on what type of tablet you are using, you can always use mobile broadband. This means inserting either a sim card into the tablet or placing the sim card into a dongle and connecting your tablet to the dongle. You can use the link below to view our mobile broadband plans on offer;
Alternatively, as you travel if you come across anywhere that provides free Wi-Fi you can always utilise that. *Darian

Tom

Tomasked

Southern Phone Broadband

To keep things straight (for me) can I copy SIM1 to Sim2 and vice versa?

Trust every one well down there after the bushfires.
regards Tom Bolin [number removed]

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Hi Tom, you cannot copy directly from sim 1 to sim 2. To transfer data you will need to download onto a computer and then upload to new sim once in mobile, or save information to the mobile (NOT the sim) then once the new sim is in the mobile save to the new sim.
If you would like me to call you and talk you through the process please send me a private message with your account number and best contact number and I will return your call as soon as possible. *Tandy

Fedupasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Why have I been hit with a late payment fee when I have direct debit. NOT MY FAULT you didn’t take my money last month. If your wait times weren’t so frustrating I would have called you and told YOU you hadn’t taken money. Also after having land line disconnected why did you the following month charge me for ID caller Silent number and rental. Southern Phone hopefully I’m no longer with you. Happy to pay the breach of contract fee for mobile and get the hell out of your life.

Hi,

I would really like to take a look at your most recent invoice and review the charges you have raised. I completely understand that our wait times have been longer than usual and although we are working to improve this as quick as we can, it is important that you are able to discuss any concerns regarding your account and/or services with us.

If you could send me an email at socialteam@southernphone.net.au, including your account number and your best contact number, I will give you a call today and we can have a chat about your statement.

*Hayley

Harry

You will get this ALL the time if you stay with southern phone. Move on to another more reliable service provider. Southern phone very nearly wrecked my internet business. I had to pay 350 dollars to get away from them but I did and my internet business is running properly again now. Southern phone do not care about any body they only care about making money from there clients misery. They do not care one toot about you.

Fedup

No longer with SP and loving it.

Gail A

Gail Aasked

Southern Phone Broadband

My parents have had so many issues with this company. They don’t answer emails and you can never get through to them on the phone. After waiting about 7 weeks to be connected, they are now being charged more than the agreed contact!

They are so frustrated that they are planning to drive 100km to Moruya to speak to someone at their office.
Is the Moruya address a shopfront too or just admin office?
I’d hate for them to waste any more time.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am sorry to hear about the issues your parents have experienced trying to get in contact with our team. I can understand how important it is to have standard bill amount. If you can send me a private message on here with your parents contact details I will contact them and sort this out right away. *Darian

chris clarke
chris clarke

Hello Gail, so sorry to hear about your parents problems. When I ring, now that the staffing issues have been sorted, I have not had to wait long. I also ring on 44747100, not having to pay for the call as one does with the 1300 number. Prior to that matter, there was never an issue dealing with Southern Phone. As for the Moruya address, I believe it is the full business enterprise. For instance, when I bought a phone I was confused about how to use, I would ring and assistance was provided over the phone, and the invitation was extended to the effect that I was welcome to deal one on one with a technical staff member if I wanted to come to Moruya. I have been with this company for more than a decade. Except for that one time, I have always thought that the company was excellent to deal with.

Dianeasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Why am I being charged $7 a month for my hand phone when the charged was not disclosed at the time of taking out the new agreement? I see this as acting unethically: making charges - previously undisclosed - once a contract has been finalized.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Being billed the correct amount is very important. I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I would like to investigate this one for you. Can you please send us a private message on here or email infor@southernphone.net.au with your account number and best contact number and I will look into this billing issue right away. *Darian

Diane

My account number is (for the second time) 274048. Our best telephone contact number is: 03 55627142.
I don't know what you mean by 'private message'. I don't believe you need any further information from me to remedy the justified complaint I spelled out clearly and briefly in my original email.
Yours sincerely
Diane Yodgee

Natasha

Natashaasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Has any one had trouble in Sydney Liverpool area had to wait longer then 2 weeks for their mobile phones to turn up?

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I can understand how frustrating it can be to wait for a new phone to arrive, especially when you are excited to receive it and start using it. We do advise that it can take anywhere between 5-10 business days to receive anything in the postal system. Our phones are normally received a bit quicker as they are sent by courier. Please send us a private message if you have not received the phone as of yet and I will look into it for you.

Rayat43
Rayat43

why have you sent this to me??? Rayat43 I don't know what your talking about

mak

makasked

Southern Phone Broadband

I have just received a bill for over 1 months usage BUT I have never activated the SIM I received or used ever your service. It was so slow setting up to your company that I had to go elsewhere. Your SIM was discarded a few weeks ago. My account no. is 3336252 (Invoice 17 Feb 18, 260_336252)??
Marc

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

We are more than happy to look into this billing issue for you. Can you please send us a private message here or to info@southernphone.net.au with the above details including your best contact number so we can discuss this with you further. *Darian

Malou

Malouasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Want to direct debit my bill but having difficulty to log in coz I forgot my password. I have do it now as I am going OS this weekend. HELP.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am more than happy help set up this service for you. Can you please send us a private message via Product Review or by email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number and best contact number and we can get this sorted for you right away. You can also use the below link to view information about our direct debit service.

Christine

Christineasked

Southern Phone Broadband

Hi, sometimes I get service and then I don't sometimes I receive calls and text messages no service all the time so could I have a faulty SIM card? How do I know if that's the problem? Please help me fix it

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

We can understand how inconvenient it can be to have a service that drops in and out Christine. What we need to do is find out whether the issue is with your sim card it self or the reception in your area. The easiest way to find out is by trying your sim card in another handset for a couple of days if possible to see if you are still experiencing this issue. Once you have completed that, please send us a private message on Product Review or an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number, best contact number and details of the outcome of your test.

shazza59

shazza59asked

Southern Phone Broadband

hi there we have rang last night and were waiting for over an hour , then got told that you have closed ring tomorrow , so we started ringing today at 9 I think it was and left our number for a call back well heres the thing we have been waiting since 9 and its now 2 so we cant use our phone we cant go online to the website as its not allowing us to do that please call us back .............it would be helpful if a person actually answered the calls but we just keep getting voice messages

Neil
Neil

Gidday shazza59. I can't offer you any short cuts - just tell you my story. Their contact systems are very poor. I was told that the call back system doesn't always work. The first day I left 2 call backs, neither was answered. When I got through the next day I was told that the calls hadn't even registered in their system. Same thing happened online - there was no record of it ever happening. I left another call back the next morning and eventually got a call from a consultant who was lovely but couldn't help. She gave me the online complaint address - when I posted online it provoked a very quick response time of only 5-10 minutes. The next consultant was very nice and very helpful. so I guess you have to leave a call back and cross your fingers. It's very, very poor service. But when you do get through, the people are very helpful.

Cam
Cam

When you get through

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I understand how important it is to have a working service. If your landline service has gone down we you to complete an isolation test so we can log a fault and get this fixed as soon as possible. Please use the below link on instructions on how to complete this.

Once you have completed this process, please send us a private message on product review or via email to info@southernphone.net.au. You will need to include your account number and best alternate contact number. *Darian

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives