Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone (page 2 of 5)

1.3

JulieHobart, TAS

Land line issues ongoing

Seems to be a problem with Southern Phone unable to provide a service they offer, my mother who is in her 80's has not had a working land line for over 6 monthes. After multiple phone calls, and testing, waiting for someone to answer phone, being put through to technicians again waiting on line, at least once a week, we have finally been told that they are unable to fix the issue. Surely you could have said that in the first place instead of this fiasco you have now created. And to top it off we decided to get Mum a mobile so that she had a phone if needed, guess what 8 weeks later they cannot find the order. The poorest service you could possibly get I dont know how they run a business.

A Customer

A Customer

Calling the Ombudsman

Andrea

No Home Phone - yet again!!

We have had ongoing problems with our home phone. It has dial tone, but can’t ring out, or receive calls. Constant engaged signal when trying to phone in.
Have had contact with tech support several times over last couple of months, works for approx one day and then drops out again. Long waiting on hold to speak to customer service and then further waiting in queue to speak with tech support.
Really poor customer service yet again!
We do pay a monthly fee for home phone and internet bundle, but we rarely can use our home phone.

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

craig

craigIllawarra, NSW

phone drops out every day

Mothers home phone keeps dropping out and gets engaged tone every couple of days . Have had tech help works for a day and same thing. spend hours on hold to be told will fix and it happens all again. She went to Southern to support an Australian company. Go else where

Andrew

AndrewIllawarra, NSW

Pity I can't give a zero

No support, no fault action, no answer from the 131464 line. The worst customer service around. Lodging this for my elderly mother who has had nothing but trouble since starting their (very loosely calling) service in November last year

Hi Andrew,
I am concerned to hear that your mother has been experiencing issues with the service for so long. Can you please respond to my private message with the account details so I may assist?

Terrible

Hi Joel,
I sincerely apologise that no one has been in touch sooner. I have responded to the private message you have sent. *Shelby

Will

Shocking customer service and with zero result

Called for help after internet stopped working. Placed on hold for very long. Eventually got through to a lady that put me on hold again, only to tell me the technical team has knocked off early and that she is unable to help me. She told me to call 8am next morning which I did. After being on hold again for some time, I got through to the same lady. She called herself silly for asking me to call so early as the tech team only starts at 9am. She promised me a call back at 9am. Well, I’m still waiting for that call...and still without internet.

Hi Will,
I am really disappointed to hear that you have had this experience with us recently and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I assist you further?

Will

Thanks for the reply. I have since, switched provider. I know it’s a challenging time for all but I believe the treatment (or should I say the lack thereof) I received, was unfair.

Kevin W

Kevin WMid North Coast, NSW

Southern Phone Incapable?

Hi Kevin,
I am really concerned to hear that you have been experiencing these issues and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this further for you?

AnnBowral

no phone again and slow internet

Again - no phone and reliable internet for essential services health worker. Have been raising issue for years and as little as 2 weeks ago told that the service had been fixed. Out yet again. What happens if a service cant be provided as a result of no phone or slow internet? What if a patient misses out on essential care? I have been raising this for years and years. Doesn't Southern Phones care about the effect this lack of service may have on sick people - especially at this time with Corona? I am beyond shocked. [name removed] you are aware of this issue. You need to act.

Hi Ann,
I am sorry to hear that your service isn't working correctly and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to respond to my private message so I may look into this issue for you?

lyn no phone

lyn no phoneHobart, TAS

no home phone once again

Ian

IanGoulburn Valley, VIC

What a crap service

Rarely does our phone work, randomly works and then drops out again. Rang customer service and after waiting an extended time was told we are having trouble with our phone routing and our technicians are working on it. I'd suggest you get some new technicians. Same story over and over. What a useless service! I'm off to find someone who has spent money on decent infrastructure.
Shouldn't take long to find a better service because this would be at the bottom of the heap. I had had a good service but they were bought out by this dodgy outfit.
I'll ring when I find a new provider. Cheers Ian

Johnny W.

Johnny W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Basic phone plan for elderly people

For my elderly mother who just needs a phone to make calls the plan I set up for her is good value at $10 per month and works well for her

Hi Johnny,
I am glad to hear that the plan your mother is on is suiting her needs so well. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns about your account and I can help. *Darian

John M.

John M.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic service

I recently had the NBN home phone connected by Southern Phone. I only need it so that my elderly mother can contact me the traditional method. While there might be some negative reviews out there my experience of Southern Phone was faultless. The modem arrived within the specified timeframe, the connection was as simple as they suggested and when contacting Southern Phone for final connection they were polite and incredibly helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend them. Particularly useful for elderly who want to retain the traditional handset while paying significantly less per month than the Telstra landline.

Hi John,
Thanks so much for reaching out to share your positive experience with us. We really appreciate the feedback! *Shelby

Discraceful

I am currently waiting on hold to get assistance connecting a new modem from SP for my mother, who doesn't like dealing with these things. Usual deal, 25mins to customer (dis)service, then 45 on hold waiting for tech support. My dad passed 3 years ago and he was a strong believer because he wanted to support an Aussie company. She has stuck with them but had continual problems. Land line cuts out. Random messages if people try to call her "this phone number is not valid" etc.

Hi Peter,
I am so sorry to hear about the ongoing issues your mother has experienced. I know how important it is to have a reliable connection. I have sent you a private message requesting your mothers account details so I can assist further. *Darian

This company lacks credibility

Hi Sandra,
I am so sorry for the late response, I have responded to your private message answering your query. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. *Shelby

Disgruntled customer

Disgruntled customerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Inept customer service

Ever since nbn was installed I have had no end of frustration with this company. Being put on hold from between 15 mins to 45 max to speak with staff who provide me with conflicting information.
Almost one year later, the modem, still under warranty was finally replaced after discovering 3weeks later it was never sent out to me! After phone calls and too much time spent holding the line later..it was finally sent out to me and now doesnt work either.
I will say that the tech team staff have always been knowledgeable and helpful but customer service, although friendly never seem to know what they are talking about.
This phone company is mostly incompetent and unreliable in my experience and I would warn everyone away from them.

Hi there,
I am really concerned to hear that your modem is still not working correctly. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this for you? *Shelby

Sabrina

SabrinaPerth, WA

Poor customer service.

Was on hold for over 40 minutes for them to answer the phone and then transfer me somewhere else and then those people hung up on me within a minute of the call saying they couldn’t help. Have only been with the company 2 weeks and already looking else were as this is the second time this has happened. Have already paid $250 within the first two weeks for my internet to be very slow and then to not be working at all, very angry with this result.

Ali AkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

crap internet provider they dont even deserved 1 star

i been with them in the past 7 months they freaking can't fix the issue and i requested to disconnect my internet and even they charge me in advance when i sign up and even though i dont have any internet with them in the past 2 months this halfwits sending me bills payments to pay please dont ever try to go with this crap nbn provider they ill rip u off

Ali Ak

u not resolving the issue u freaking giving people a hard time just go and annoy out to other who dont know your terrible nbn provider

Hello Ali,
As mentioned earlier, If you can please respond to my private message with your account details, I can investigate this further for you. *Yvette

smok

smokCentral Queensland, QLD

Considered this company, but ran off from appauling service and non competitive rates

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Worst company to deal with

Left iprimus for Australian company. In two years will be leaving Australian company. Signed on 29/11/19 had no phone or internet for 3 weeks then received account for triple quoted. When you call you wait for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. Sick of waiting for help. Going back to overseas call centre support .

See all Southern Phone Home Phone reviews

Norma Carpenter

Norma Carpenter asked

Do you service 49089 area?

Hi Norma,
We service all of Australia. If you would like some more information, please head on over to our website:
www.southernphone.com.au

Lynette Lardenoye

Lynette Lardenoyeasked

I have trouble contacting you on the phone I sat on the line for 35 minutes approximately it dropped out and I called back it dropped out again after 23 minutes. The internet is crappy drops out quite often the phone line is atrocious very noisy. Your techs were supposed to fix it over a week ago. It’s still dreadful

Julie

LOL sounds typical of this company, they are woeful, depending on time of day if late in day no one will take your call as they have left for day, our phone line also atrocious and we have been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 monthes. Good luck.

Andrea

We have decided to switch internet and home phone to another company. We found Southern phone lack of customer service very frustrating on several occasions over the last 12months.
We are very pleased with our new company. We have better internet, more data and faster speed for a cheaper price. After reading several reviews - we are more than pleased we no longer will be dealing with Southern Phone

Hi Lynette,
I am really sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with us recently. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working correctly. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist? *Shelby

Brian

Brianasked

I have also had the run around with Southern Phone, since porting our home phone number over to them. Our Next Phone connection will only let us ring out. Tech people tell me there was a sync problem, which they did fix. However the problem has come back after a few days! I have had a similar experience with waiting times. It is best to ring at 0800 but you will still have to wait to talk to a techie. Brian.

Sandra T.

I ended up disconnecting my home phone. Good luck, I hope your service continues to work without hiccups. I had enough. And would strongly urge people to look elsewhere for a service

Hi Brian,
I am really sorry to hear that your landline service is not working as it should. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further? *Shelby

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives