Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone

1.3

jakeIllawarra, NSW

Pity I can't give no stars

Disgusting service, unanswered emails, pathetic all round.
I thought I was finished with this company months ago when I closed my account but they haven't returned my credit and have now started charging me for a number that I transferred to another phone company months ago.
Sometimes you wait for 45 minutes on hold sometime over an hour, one Friday night I spent 1hr and 45 minutes on hold only to be disconnected!!!
Stay as far away from this company as you can.

jake

It has been resolved since, thanks anyway

Hi Jake,
I am really glad to hear this. If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

WizardofAUSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrifying Customer Service - Shocking Organisation

I have 2 Internet accounts that were transferred from Amaysim to these YOBBOS when they sold - It's easy to see why Australians are unable to compete in producing anything or SERVICING anything. Customer Service from this nightmare of a company is HORRIFIC -

Hi Peter,
I have responded to your private message requesting your account details so I can help get this resolved asap. *Darian

WizardofAUS

Too late Darian - I'm about to transfer service and I also gave you both account numbers - The right hand obviously doesn't talk to the left hand

Malcolm C

Malcolm CNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Do not use Southern Phone

I have phoned at least 4 times and sent several messages via their website asking that my data allowance on my mobile phone account be upgraded. Every time I phone I get the same response - 'terribly sorry, we will sort it out'. And every time, nothing happens. I will be looking for another provider.

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Paul Randell

Account overcharging and no ability to fix it - buyer beware!

I have been trying to change my phone plan with Southern for over six months. I've called and discussed the failed multiple requests with staff. They promise to fix it and then nothing changes - still being charged the old (higher) account fees. How hard can it be to change an plan? This company is seriously difunctional.
I have also found the online 'Message Us' tool does not work due to 'invalid' email address bug. I see others have the same issue. Makes me wonder if they don't want to have written complaints on the record. This also needs fixing!

Paul Randell

Sure, can I suggest you email me directly so I am not posting my details on this forum? You have all my details on file.

Hi Paul,
I have sent a private message with the above message.

Poor service continued AFTER termination of NBN100 Business Plan

Hi Jason,
Thank you for getting back to me. I am so sorry that this was not resolved quickly and for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

TonyMid North Coast, NSW

Disgraceful

What a joke, waited 9 weeks for a sim activation, 3 months for an internet upgrade from 12/1 to 25/2 and neither happened in excess of a dozen calls made to this telco with no success other than apologetic staff which is in their training manual, now in a fight with them trying to get my daughters mobile number back after they decided to take it back today after 11 weeks which by the way no authorisation was given for them to do this from me or my new telco, absolutely disgraceful

BROGO

12 Months later and they still stuff up my bill?

We have been through hell with this lot. You report them to the Ombudsman, thinking your going to get somewhere, and Southern Phone still don't get it right? 12 months later and there still stuffing up our phone bill. 12 out 12 stuff up's. Get someone that can add up to do the job.

BROGO

Hi Shelby. I gave Southern Phone all my details around 12 months ago and it went nowhere then. So if the problems are still there now, 12 moths later, what makes you think your going to fix it for me this time?

Hi there,
I would like to take a look at this for you to see why this has been ongoing and try to resolve this for you. If you would like some assistance, please respond with your account number and I will look into this for you.

Frustration

Southernphone can’t recognise that they are the provider for his landline although his 200gb $80 broadband bundle + Home phone contract say they are.
My Father spent a frustrating amount of time during the week trying to get Southernphone to rectify what he perceived to be an adsl internet problem.
I drove 1.5 hours today to check it for him.
50v on the wires coming in no dial tone.
He had been disconnected.
The problem with getting this resolved is, It’s a SATURDAY.
You would think someone would be available or contactable in this situation.
NUP!
2 hot days here no landline and poor mobile reception.
I fear for all those Southernphone customers who find themselves in a similar situation during a natural disaster.

Ben
Ben

Hi Ben,
Thanks for letting me know. If you need any further help, please feel free to reach out.

GlennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Morons

The accounts dept. Should be ashamed of them selves. I haven't had a account since September they keep taking money. This has been canceled several times with several phone calls, but can't get through, plus email after email. I don't think I have ever dealt with such a incompetent company.

Glenn WNortheast, VIC

A shameful example of misleading advertising

Every interaction I have had with Southern Phone has been frustrating in the extreme. Ridiculous wait times when you call them, misleading information when you finally get through and to top it all off they can’t even organise to disconnect a landline service in a reasonable timeframe. If I had a dollar for every apology they gave me I would be wealthy- however their apologies are insincere and meaningless. Never use this company is my advice!

Hi Glenn,
I do understand that social media was not your first step. I do apologise that you did have to go through this. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to message us here with your account number.

KimIllawarra, NSW

Extremely poor and dangerous for the elderly

rhysHunter Region, NSW

WOWWW - Still without service, where do I begin......

Acc196542

Please reach out to authorised rep contact info on account with any communication updates.

Timmo

TimmoNorthern Region, NSW

Trying to get my Mother a simple basic Home Phone Package

On my 5th attempt at receiving a call from Southern Phones regarding their Standalone Home Phone Service. Utterly disgusting. Avoid Sothern Phones, Telstra and Optus. Just feral completely. Very disheartened

Sandra

Save yourself - please do not go with southern phone

Ethan RSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible service

My uncle signed up with them in February 2020 it is now August, we have the Internet, mobile and the house phone with The provider.

The house phone has been intermittently working.

And the absolute worst is when the house phone doesn’t work at all now I say is that’s been like 90% of the time.

All in all The service is shocking unless you want to be on the phone for hours at the time and getting nowhere with the phone call or they will say they will ring you back when they don’t

Ethan R

Rang up again couldn't help and gave script answers (so sorry for the inconvenience) Just another number giving them money

Hi Ethan,
I would really like to help get your service working. Is your service working? If not, have you completed a power cycle by any chance?

Oliver T.

Oliver T.Tasmania

A scam

So we have been with southern phone for a few years now and only just upgraded our plan from the 20mbps to 50mbps (because getting only 1/4 speed of what we. Where paying for) and now we are getting 0.01mbps to 10mbps max even though we are paying for 50 and not to mention constant drop outs (40+ a day) and the lack of customer service it has been 4 days since I have requested to be online chat with them and they still haven't responded please please for the love of God don't go with southern phone

Poor product

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Unreliable service since signing up two months ago

My sick and elderly parents have missed critical medical phone calls and my sister and I have to keep travelling to their house because we can't contact them by phone - Southern phone landline and mobile have both been unreliable. We've made many calls to Southern phone and even made a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and we still can't get the issue resolved! This has been extremely frustrating at a critical time, not just due to COVID-19, but the additional stress it has caused for my parents when they both have significant medical issues and depend on a phone service that works.

Susan
Susan

Account 630672

JulieHobart, TAS

Land line issues ongoing

Seems to be a problem with Southern Phone unable to provide a service they offer, my mother who is in her 80's has not had a working land line for over 6 monthes. After multiple phone calls, and testing, waiting for someone to answer phone, being put through to technicians again waiting on line, at least once a week, we have finally been told that they are unable to fix the issue. Surely you could have said that in the first place instead of this fiasco you have now created. And to top it off we decided to get Mum a mobile so that she had a phone if needed, guess what 8 weeks later they cannot find the order. The poorest service you could possibly get I dont know how they run a business.

A Customer

A Customer

Calling the Ombudsman

See all Southern Phone Home Phone reviews

Norma Carpenter

Norma Carpenter asked

Do you service 49089 area?

Hi Norma,
We service all of Australia. If you would like some more information, please head on over to our website:
www.southernphone.com.au

Lynette Lardenoye

Lynette Lardenoyeasked

I have trouble contacting you on the phone I sat on the line for 35 minutes approximately it dropped out and I called back it dropped out again after 23 minutes. The internet is crappy drops out quite often the phone line is atrocious very noisy. Your techs were supposed to fix it over a week ago. It’s still dreadful

Julie

LOL sounds typical of this company, they are woeful, depending on time of day if late in day no one will take your call as they have left for day, our phone line also atrocious and we have been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 monthes. Good luck.

Andrea
Andrea

We have decided to switch internet and home phone to another company. We found Southern phone lack of customer service very frustrating on several occasions over the last 12months.
We are very pleased with our new company. We have better internet, more data and faster speed for a cheaper price. After reading several reviews - we are more than pleased we no longer will be dealing with Southern Phone

Hi Lynette,
I am really sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with us recently. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working correctly. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist? *Shelby

Brian

Brianasked

I have also had the run around with Southern Phone, since porting our home phone number over to them. Our Next Phone connection will only let us ring out. Tech people tell me there was a sync problem, which they did fix. However the problem has come back after a few days! I have had a similar experience with waiting times. It is best to ring at 0800 but you will still have to wait to talk to a techie. Brian.

Ann
Ann

Sandra T.
Sandra T.

I ended up disconnecting my home phone. Good luck, I hope your service continues to work without hiccups. I had enough. And would strongly urge people to look elsewhere for a service

Hi Brian,
I am really sorry to hear that your landline service is not working as it should. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further? *Shelby

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives