Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone (page 3 of 5)

1.3

This company lacks credibility

Hi Sandra,
I am so sorry for the late response, I have responded to your private message answering your query. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. *Shelby

Disgruntled customer

Disgruntled customerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Inept customer service

Ever since nbn was installed I have had no end of frustration with this company. Being put on hold from between 15 mins to 45 max to speak with staff who provide me with conflicting information.
Almost one year later, the modem, still under warranty was finally replaced after discovering 3weeks later it was never sent out to me! After phone calls and too much time spent holding the line later..it was finally sent out to me and now doesnt work either.
I will say that the tech team staff have always been knowledgeable and helpful but customer service, although friendly never seem to know what they are talking about.
This phone company is mostly incompetent and unreliable in my experience and I would warn everyone away from them.

Hi there,
I am really concerned to hear that your modem is still not working correctly. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this for you? *Shelby

Sabrina

SabrinaPerth, WA

Poor customer service.

Was on hold for over 40 minutes for them to answer the phone and then transfer me somewhere else and then those people hung up on me within a minute of the call saying they couldn’t help. Have only been with the company 2 weeks and already looking else were as this is the second time this has happened. Have already paid $250 within the first two weeks for my internet to be very slow and then to not be working at all, very angry with this result.

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Ali AkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

crap internet provider they dont even deserved 1 star

i been with them in the past 7 months they freaking can't fix the issue and i requested to disconnect my internet and even they charge me in advance when i sign up and even though i dont have any internet with them in the past 2 months this halfwits sending me bills payments to pay please dont ever try to go with this crap nbn provider they ill rip u off

Ali Ak

u not resolving the issue u freaking giving people a hard time just go and annoy out to other who dont know your terrible nbn provider

Hello Ali,
As mentioned earlier, If you can please respond to my private message with your account details, I can investigate this further for you. *Yvette

smok

smokCentral Queensland, QLD

Considered this company, but ran off from appauling service and non competitive rates

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Worst company to deal with

Left iprimus for Australian company. In two years will be leaving Australian company. Signed on 29/11/19 had no phone or internet for 3 weeks then received account for triple quoted. When you call you wait for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. Sick of waiting for help. Going back to overseas call centre support .

Sparky

SparkyNew South Wales

deafening silence from customer service

Nifty Bulldog

Nifty BulldogGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Abysmal customer service

BEWARE!! Worst nightmare.

Ann L.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

Customer service wait time is dreadful been on 40 mins and still no answer. Internet is slow and have been complaining about it for weeks. Then get an email telling me problem is resolved when nothing has changed. Been with them for 8 years and watched service decline badly. I have finally had enough forget about supporting local I have had enough.moving on!

Account number [Number Removed]

Alan W.

Alan W.Northeast, VIC

Just nail one foot to the ground.

My mother who has a heart problem is with Southern Phone she was contacted by a rep telling her to change her plan to save $4.00 per month its easy they said since then no mobile no home phone you cant speak with anyone even if you ring the sales line which they answer straight away funny that hey. They put u through to tech support and tell u your wait time is 7 mins what a load of rubbish. Just ring the communications ombudsman on 1800062058.
Maybe you should spend more time doing what you advertise instead of advertising lies.
So we were to get a call at 6pm tonight and guess what no call they can't even keep there own appointments what sort of company makes an appointment with a elderly lady and then not bother ringing FF Sakes.

Wayne C

Wayne CCentral, SA

No organizational skill what so ever

no nick name

no nick nameTasmania

Guaranteed to ruin your day.

Extremely hard to contact expect to wait at least 30 minutes on the phone with no answer. Extremely frustrating company to deal with guaranteed to ruin your day. Been on phone for over 30 minutes now still no answer. VERY VERY VERY poor customer service.

courier pidgeon more reliable

no reiable internet or landline last 3 weeks
last 3 days cant even get through to customer service. call gets disconnected at 30 min wait time (15 attempts)
huge consequences this end

Hi Ann,
I am so sorry to hear that you have issues with your service for so long. I have sent you a private message requesting your account number so I can look into this for you and help get it back up and running for you. *Darian

Phoneless in NSW

Phoneless in NSW

Disgusting. Landline doesn't work. Customer service non existent. Don't waste your money and safety.

Mobile reception is patchy at best. Landline is held due to mobile reception. Landline is constantly out of action, but not the billing. Lack of timeliness in response to faults

Trevor B

Trevor BBrisbane

Elderly sick man can’t get through

Over 2 hours spent on hold this week and can’t get through for fixed line repair. No avenue to jump queue for infirm or at-risk customers. Callous indifference by sales staff.

Dhane L.

Dhane L.

Slow and NO internet connection at all

Very slow internet, most of the time we can't connect. I've only been in Southern Phone for a month, and I already received a call from one of their staff saying that I need to upgrade my plan to be able to get a decent speed with our wifi. He even said, "it's only few dollars extra every month". No apologies, no explanation on why the internet connection was slow in the first place. Terrible connection and terrible customer service.

David

DavidPerth, WA

Don’t expect any sort of customer service. Expect to be on hold

I have called them only twice. Both times I was on hold for nearly an hour. I have tried to end the account but I am still waiting for a response.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Awful, don’t go with these guys

The internet connection hasn’t worked once and they’re now trying to charge us for something we haven’t used at all during our 2-3 months with them. They initially claimed that we never called (which obviously we had call logs on our mobiles to back up). They later claimed that we never called to raise the issue, or raised the issue at all. Our calls were to ask about nbn because our service wasn’t working and every time we mentioned our service not working. Yet they say they have no record of it, despite saying that all calls are recorded at the beginning of every call. Not worth wasting your time, energy or money on.

M marly

M marlyCobargo

Poor service

Switching to SP sim plan was more complicated than it needed to be, I waited over half an hour to speak to customer service (twice) decided to cancel SP plan and stay with my current provider.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am so sorry to hear that you had this experience with us Marly. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so I can look into this for you further. *Darian

See all Southern Phone Home Phone reviews

Norma Carpenter

Norma Carpenter asked

Do you service 49089 area?

Hi Norma,
We service all of Australia. If you would like some more information, please head on over to our website:
www.southernphone.com.au

Lynette Lardenoye

Lynette Lardenoyeasked

I have trouble contacting you on the phone I sat on the line for 35 minutes approximately it dropped out and I called back it dropped out again after 23 minutes. The internet is crappy drops out quite often the phone line is atrocious very noisy. Your techs were supposed to fix it over a week ago. It’s still dreadful

Julie
Julie

LOL sounds typical of this company, they are woeful, depending on time of day if late in day no one will take your call as they have left for day, our phone line also atrocious and we have been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 monthes. Good luck.

Andrea
Andrea

We have decided to switch internet and home phone to another company. We found Southern phone lack of customer service very frustrating on several occasions over the last 12months.
We are very pleased with our new company. We have better internet, more data and faster speed for a cheaper price. After reading several reviews - we are more than pleased we no longer will be dealing with Southern Phone

Hi Lynette,
I am really sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with us recently. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working correctly. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist? *Shelby

Brian

Brianasked

I have also had the run around with Southern Phone, since porting our home phone number over to them. Our Next Phone connection will only let us ring out. Tech people tell me there was a sync problem, which they did fix. However the problem has come back after a few days! I have had a similar experience with waiting times. It is best to ring at 0800 but you will still have to wait to talk to a techie. Brian.

Ann
Ann

Sandra T.

I ended up disconnecting my home phone. Good luck, I hope your service continues to work without hiccups. I had enough. And would strongly urge people to look elsewhere for a service

Hi Brian,
I am really sorry to hear that your landline service is not working as it should. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further? *Shelby

See all Southern Phone Home Phone questions