Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone

1.3

BevMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible company - do not sign up

Bev

In relation to mobile, I gave up after 4mth of trying to get a mobile connection. I have already been in touch with two people re the account and everyone says it is fixed but it wasn't. My account number is ACC251156. Bev

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Lies told to go to another provider

No internet 4-5 times a week engineers at SP stated they have problems supplying internet to Queensland how ever never fixed my problem complaints handler Daniel told me to go to another provider I stayed to see if they can improve however never did they should not be an ISP

GlenCentral West, NSW

Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse...

I'm sorry, the only thing this company excels at is failure. I now have a late fee (when the bill was paid on time... every time ) and a replacement sim card added to my latest invoice when I don't have my mobile with them. I tried to phone but have been advised they are overloaded with calls and I should try again in 24 to 48 hours, where I will have the pleasure of spending 40 mins on hold, as I have with previous problems.

Hi Dakota,
Sure, My account number is 174948. I look forward to a resolution.

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Waiting, waiting...

Rang Southern Phone' customer number in relation to being double billed on a phone account.
Had to wait in a queue for 20 minutes to be answered!!!!!!!
This is a phone company!!!!!
Took another 10 minutes from a grumpy receptionist - 30 minutes overall for a simple enquiry.
Not good enough.
Pathetic.
Disgusting,.

nothing lower than a 1 to rate Southern Phones

I actually have been stirred by Customer Support??? to the point of tears attempting to correct their billing mistakes. It has taken over 4 months to get $292 dollar worth of over charges credited to my account. Apparently nobody knows anything as to do anything about anything.

Linda M.
Linda M.

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your response.
I can see that you have also reached out to us via our Facebook page and I have responded to this message requesting some further details so I may follow up.
- Shelby

Next Home Phone only good for making calls out!

Unfortunately there has been no improvement, over a number of months, to the problem of other people being unable to ring in to my home number. Despite the best efforts of their technicians, there does not appear to be a solution to this ongoing problem. I am really only getting half a service, for the money I am paying each month to Southern Phone! The next home phone service has been a big disappointment, right from day one, and I am sick and tired of having to apologise to my friends and the local medical practice for the ongoing connection problems.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

No internet since yesterday. What the hell with their phone support lines!

Hi, anybody experiencing outages from
Southern Phone internet service since yesterday? We rang them and waited almost 2 hours and minutes after being told we were number 2 on the queue then the music stopped! I waited another 10 minutes while my call counter was still on and hoping somebody would answer but as expected- nobody did.

Thetruth

Thetruth

Southern Phone is crap! Avoid!!

I have been reading the product reviews for Southern Phone and how true they are! I too thought that they would be better than Telstra but no. All the services are slow, my landline cuts out every so often, I just have lost faith in them. also, they are the same price as anyone else. Please avoid them at all casts. Let them go the way of the dinosaur.

Rita F.

Rita F.Mid North Coast, NSW

Land line out after prolonged heavy rain fixed same day

Reported my landline outage online and received an email shortly afterwards advising anticipated repair time frame. Next day I was emailed again to advise technician had repaired the line already - and it was! The phone connection has always been good - I have a copper line - but the prolonged heavy rain seems to have caused issues this time & before Xmas too. Satellite internet service is generally good also. I did have some issues when setting up my satellite internet contract which took a while to resolve as the sales team & the accounts team didn't seem to be communicating. This was an anomaly really as all online & phone contact since always gets a rapid response, with knowledgeable & helpful staff who care about good service.

jakeIllawarra, NSW

Pity I can't give no stars

Disgusting service, unanswered emails, pathetic all round.
I thought I was finished with this company months ago when I closed my account but they haven't returned my credit and have now started charging me for a number that I transferred to another phone company months ago.
Sometimes you wait for 45 minutes on hold sometime over an hour, one Friday night I spent 1hr and 45 minutes on hold only to be disconnected!!!
Stay as far away from this company as you can.

jake

It has been resolved since, thanks anyway

Hi Jake,
I am really glad to hear this. If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

WizardofAUSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrifying Customer Service - Shocking Organisation

I have 2 Internet accounts that were transferred from Amaysim to these YOBBOS when they sold - It's easy to see why Australians are unable to compete in producing anything or SERVICING anything. Customer Service from this nightmare of a company is HORRIFIC -

Hi Peter,
I have responded to your private message requesting your account details so I can help get this resolved asap. *Darian

WizardofAUS

Too late Darian - I'm about to transfer service and I also gave you both account numbers - The right hand obviously doesn't talk to the left hand

Malcolm C

Malcolm CNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Do not use Southern Phone

I have phoned at least 4 times and sent several messages via their website asking that my data allowance on my mobile phone account be upgraded. Every time I phone I get the same response - 'terribly sorry, we will sort it out'. And every time, nothing happens. I will be looking for another provider.

Paul Randell

Account overcharging and no ability to fix it - buyer beware!

I have been trying to change my phone plan with Southern for over six months. I've called and discussed the failed multiple requests with staff. They promise to fix it and then nothing changes - still being charged the old (higher) account fees. How hard can it be to change an plan? This company is seriously difunctional.
I have also found the online 'Message Us' tool does not work due to 'invalid' email address bug. I see others have the same issue. Makes me wonder if they don't want to have written complaints on the record. This also needs fixing!

Paul Randell

Sure, can I suggest you email me directly so I am not posting my details on this forum? You have all my details on file.

Hi Paul,
I have sent a private message with the above message.

Poor service continued AFTER termination of NBN100 Business Plan

Hi Jason,
Thank you for getting back to me. I am so sorry that this was not resolved quickly and for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
- Shelby

Good to talk to. Hopeless for action.

TonyMid North Coast, NSW

Disgraceful

What a joke, waited 9 weeks for a sim activation, 3 months for an internet upgrade from 12/1 to 25/2 and neither happened in excess of a dozen calls made to this telco with no success other than apologetic staff which is in their training manual, now in a fight with them trying to get my daughters mobile number back after they decided to take it back today after 11 weeks which by the way no authorisation was given for them to do this from me or my new telco, absolutely disgraceful

BROGO

12 Months later and they still stuff up my bill?

We have been through hell with this lot. You report them to the Ombudsman, thinking your going to get somewhere, and Southern Phone still don't get it right? 12 months later and there still stuffing up our phone bill. 12 out 12 stuff up's. Get someone that can add up to do the job.

BROGO

Hi Shelby. I gave Southern Phone all my details around 12 months ago and it went nowhere then. So if the problems are still there now, 12 moths later, what makes you think your going to fix it for me this time?

Hi there,
I would like to take a look at this for you to see why this has been ongoing and try to resolve this for you. If you would like some assistance, please respond with your account number and I will look into this for you.

Frustration

Southernphone can’t recognise that they are the provider for his landline although his 200gb $80 broadband bundle + Home phone contract say they are.
My Father spent a frustrating amount of time during the week trying to get Southernphone to rectify what he perceived to be an adsl internet problem.
I drove 1.5 hours today to check it for him.
50v on the wires coming in no dial tone.
He had been disconnected.
The problem with getting this resolved is, It’s a SATURDAY.
You would think someone would be available or contactable in this situation.
NUP!
2 hot days here no landline and poor mobile reception.
I fear for all those Southernphone customers who find themselves in a similar situation during a natural disaster.

Ben
Ben

Hi Ben,
Thanks for letting me know. If you need any further help, please feel free to reach out.

GlennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Morons

The accounts dept. Should be ashamed of them selves. I haven't had a account since September they keep taking money. This has been canceled several times with several phone calls, but can't get through, plus email after email. I don't think I have ever dealt with such a incompetent company.

Glenn WNortheast, VIC

A shameful example of misleading advertising

Every interaction I have had with Southern Phone has been frustrating in the extreme. Ridiculous wait times when you call them, misleading information when you finally get through and to top it all off they can’t even organise to disconnect a landline service in a reasonable timeframe. If I had a dollar for every apology they gave me I would be wealthy- however their apologies are insincere and meaningless. Never use this company is my advice!

Hi Glenn,
I do understand that social media was not your first step. I do apologise that you did have to go through this. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to message us here with your account number.

See all Southern Phone Home Phone reviews

Norma Carpenter

Norma Carpenter asked

Do you service 49089 area?

Hi Norma,
We service all of Australia. If you would like some more information, please head on over to our website:
www.southernphone.com.au

Lynette Lardenoye

Lynette Lardenoyeasked

I have trouble contacting you on the phone I sat on the line for 35 minutes approximately it dropped out and I called back it dropped out again after 23 minutes. The internet is crappy drops out quite often the phone line is atrocious very noisy. Your techs were supposed to fix it over a week ago. It’s still dreadful

Julie
Julie

LOL sounds typical of this company, they are woeful, depending on time of day if late in day no one will take your call as they have left for day, our phone line also atrocious and we have been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 monthes. Good luck.

Andrea
Andrea

We have decided to switch internet and home phone to another company. We found Southern phone lack of customer service very frustrating on several occasions over the last 12months.
We are very pleased with our new company. We have better internet, more data and faster speed for a cheaper price. After reading several reviews - we are more than pleased we no longer will be dealing with Southern Phone

Hi Lynette,
I am really sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with us recently. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working correctly. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist? *Shelby

Brianasked

I have also had the run around with Southern Phone, since porting our home phone number over to them. Our Next Phone connection will only let us ring out. Tech people tell me there was a sync problem, which they did fix. However the problem has come back after a few days! I have had a similar experience with waiting times. It is best to ring at 0800 but you will still have to wait to talk to a techie. Brian.

Ann
Ann

Sandra T.
Sandra T.

I ended up disconnecting my home phone. Good luck, I hope your service continues to work without hiccups. I had enough. And would strongly urge people to look elsewhere for a service

Hi Brian,
I am really sorry to hear that your landline service is not working as it should. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist you further? *Shelby

See all Southern Phone Home Phone questions