Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone

See the Best Home Phone Service Providers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Southern Phone

1.3
NinaSydney, NSW

Disgrace, avoid!!!

Nina

Hi Shelby, please check all the communication I had woth your company for the last 4 days... i turned off and on my phone countless of times, I spoke with 3 or 4 people from custoner service and still havent recived any help.

Hi Nina,
So we can look into this for you can you please confirm your Account Number?
- Dakota

GlenCentral West, NSW

Trouble contacting you

Our home phone is not working. Unfortunately, I have no way to contact you as we have no mobile service on our property and I have not been able to login to my account for close to a year, even after changing browsers and many requests.

Hi Glen,
Thanks for that information. I have sent you an email asking for some further information in relation to your fault. If you could please follow the directions and respond when you have done so, I will get this looked at for you.

chrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Just doesn't work after 3 months of waiting still no data

Hi Chris,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues accessing the mobile data.
So we can investigate this account and the charges for you can you please confirm your Account Number?
- Dakota

chris

Why do I have to keep supplying this information every time I speak to your staff!!!And every time I speak to them they state the issue is solved when it is not!!!! My acc nmber is ACC223542

Catweasel
CatweaselSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just the absolute worst company I have dealt with in really resolving issues.

I had my account transferred over to Southern Phone from another company. I stayed with SP as I needed to keep my number and thought it would be the best way to continue on. SP were not able to provide the full services I was provided by the other provider of my VOIP Services. I should have left them then but sill me didn't. result now is that quite some time later I got into financial difficulties and they kept the account going for months and I was not aware payments were not being made. I have Not been able to make payments and now I hae to deal with a debt collector. The collections team are very cold and unforgiving once it gets to delinquent stage.

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

BevMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible company - do not sign up

Bev

In relation to mobile, I gave up after 4mth of trying to get a mobile connection. I have already been in touch with two people re the account and everyone says it is fixed but it wasn't. My account number is ACC251156. Bev

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Lies told to go to another provider

No internet 4-5 times a week engineers at SP stated they have problems supplying internet to Queensland how ever never fixed my problem complaints handler Daniel told me to go to another provider I stayed to see if they can improve however never did they should not be an ISP

Waiting, waiting...

Rang Southern Phone' customer number in relation to being double billed on a phone account.
Had to wait in a queue for 20 minutes to be answered!!!!!!!
This is a phone company!!!!!
Took another 10 minutes from a grumpy receptionist - 30 minutes overall for a simple enquiry.
Not good enough.
Pathetic.
Disgusting,.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

nothing lower than a 1 to rate Southern Phones

I actually have been stirred by Customer Support??? to the point of tears attempting to correct their billing mistakes. It has taken over 4 months to get $292 dollar worth of over charges credited to my account. Apparently nobody knows anything as to do anything about anything.

Linda M.
Linda M.

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your response.
I can see that you have also reached out to us via our Facebook page and I have responded to this message requesting some further details so I may follow up.
- Shelby

Next Home Phone only good for making calls out!

Unfortunately there has been no improvement, over a number of months, to the problem of other people being unable to ring in to my home number. Despite the best efforts of their technicians, there does not appear to be a solution to this ongoing problem. I am really only getting half a service, for the money I am paying each month to Southern Phone! The next home phone service has been a big disappointment, right from day one, and I am sick and tired of having to apologise to my friends and the local medical practice for the ongoing connection problems.

Brian
Brian
Home Phone Service Providers

No internet since yesterday. What the hell with their phone support lines!

Hi, anybody experiencing outages from
Southern Phone internet service since yesterday? We rang them and waited almost 2 hours and minutes after being told we were number 2 on the queue then the music stopped! I waited another 10 minutes while my call counter was still on and hoping somebody would answer but as expected- nobody did.

Thetruth
Thetruth

Southern Phone is crap! Avoid!!

I have been reading the product reviews for Southern Phone and how true they are! I too thought that they would be better than Telstra but no. All the services are slow, my landline cuts out every so often, I just have lost faith in them. also, they are the same price as anyone else. Please avoid them at all casts. Let them go the way of the dinosaur.

jakeIllawarra, NSW

Pity I can't give no stars

Disgusting service, unanswered emails, pathetic all round.
I thought I was finished with this company months ago when I closed my account but they haven't returned my credit and have now started charging me for a number that I transferred to another phone company months ago.
Sometimes you wait for 45 minutes on hold sometime over an hour, one Friday night I spent 1hr and 45 minutes on hold only to be disconnected!!!
Stay as far away from this company as you can.

jake

It has been resolved since, thanks anyway

Hi Jake,
I am really glad to hear this. If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

WizardofAUSSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrifying Customer Service - Shocking Organisation

I have 2 Internet accounts that were transferred from Amaysim to these YOBBOS when they sold - It's easy to see why Australians are unable to compete in producing anything or SERVICING anything. Customer Service from this nightmare of a company is HORRIFIC -

Hi Peter,
I have responded to your private message requesting your account details so I can help get this resolved asap. *Darian

WizardofAUS

Too late Darian - I'm about to transfer service and I also gave you both account numbers - The right hand obviously doesn't talk to the left hand

Malcolm C
Malcolm CNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Do not use Southern Phone

I have phoned at least 4 times and sent several messages via their website asking that my data allowance on my mobile phone account be upgraded. Every time I phone I get the same response - 'terribly sorry, we will sort it out'. And every time, nothing happens. I will be looking for another provider.

Paul Randell

Account overcharging and no ability to fix it - buyer beware!

I have been trying to change my phone plan with Southern for over six months. I've called and discussed the failed multiple requests with staff. They promise to fix it and then nothing changes - still being charged the old (higher) account fees. How hard can it be to change an plan? This company is seriously difunctional.
I have also found the online 'Message Us' tool does not work due to 'invalid' email address bug. I see others have the same issue. Makes me wonder if they don't want to have written complaints on the record. This also needs fixing!

Paul Randell

Sure, can I suggest you email me directly so I am not posting my details on this forum? You have all my details on file.

Hi Paul,
I have sent a private message with the above message.

Robert L.asked

why has my service on 0265517676 account no. acc196281 not been activated at 14a fuchsia drive taree nsw.?

Hi Robert,
Thanks for reaching out. Have you recently moved addresses?

Robert L.

yes, the change over was booked a couple of weeks ago & payed for.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for getting back to me. When was the date you requested to have the relocation completed by?

Norma Carpenter
Norma Carpenter asked

Do you service 49089 area?

Hi Norma,
We service all of Australia. If you would like some more information, please head on over to our website:
www.southernphone.com.au

Lynette Lardenoye
Lynette Lardenoyeasked

I have trouble contacting you on the phone I sat on the line for 35 minutes approximately it dropped out and I called back it dropped out again after 23 minutes. The internet is crappy drops out quite often the phone line is atrocious very noisy. Your techs were supposed to fix it over a week ago. It’s still dreadful

Julie
Julie

LOL sounds typical of this company, they are woeful, depending on time of day if late in day no one will take your call as they have left for day, our phone line also atrocious and we have been waiting for it to be fixed for 6 monthes. Good luck.

Andrea
Andrea

We have decided to switch internet and home phone to another company. We found Southern phone lack of customer service very frustrating on several occasions over the last 12months.
We are very pleased with our new company. We have better internet, more data and faster speed for a cheaper price. After reading several reviews - we are more than pleased we no longer will be dealing with Southern Phone

Hi Lynette,
I am really sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with us recently. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can understand how frustrating it can be when your service isn't working correctly. Can you please respond to my private message with your account details so I may assist? *Shelby

See all Southern Phone Home Phone questions