Southern Phone Home Phone

Southern Phone Home Phone (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Home Phone Service Providers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Southern Phone

1.3
Timmo
TimmoNorthern Region, NSW

Trying to get my Mother a simple basic Home Phone Package

On my 5th attempt at receiving a call from Southern Phones regarding their Standalone Home Phone Service. Utterly disgusting. Avoid Sothern Phones, Telstra and Optus. Just feral completely. Very disheartened

UnhappyNorth Queensland, QLD

cant use BPay any more

Southern Phone have removed their BPay option, and want you to either use methods where you have to pay a surcharge, or use a cheque (who still has a chequebook?) or go to direct debit, which I refuse to do as I have had nightmare issues with this in the past. Southern Phone used to be a good company who listened to their customers - not any longer. Changing providers asap.

Unhappy

I will certainly do this tomorrow

Sandra

Save yourself - please do not go with southern phone

Ethan RSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible service

My uncle signed up with them in February 2020 it is now August, we have the Internet, mobile and the house phone with The provider.

The house phone has been intermittently working.

And the absolute worst is when the house phone doesn’t work at all now I say is that’s been like 90% of the time.

All in all The service is shocking unless you want to be on the phone for hours at the time and getting nowhere with the phone call or they will say they will ring you back when they don’t

Ethan R

Rang up again couldn't help and gave script answers (so sorry for the inconvenience) Just another number giving them money

Hi Ethan,
I would really like to help get your service working. Is your service working? If not, have you completed a power cycle by any chance?

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Oliver T.
Oliver T.Tasmania

A scam

So we have been with southern phone for a few years now and only just upgraded our plan from the 20mbps to 50mbps (because getting only 1/4 speed of what we. Where paying for) and now we are getting 0.01mbps to 10mbps max even though we are paying for 50 and not to mention constant drop outs (40+ a day) and the lack of customer service it has been 4 days since I have requested to be online chat with them and they still haven't responded please please for the love of God don't go with southern phone

Poor product

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Unreliable service since signing up two months ago

My sick and elderly parents have missed critical medical phone calls and my sister and I have to keep travelling to their house because we can't contact them by phone - Southern phone landline and mobile have both been unreliable. We've made many calls to Southern phone and even made a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and we still can't get the issue resolved! This has been extremely frustrating at a critical time, not just due to COVID-19, but the additional stress it has caused for my parents when they both have significant medical issues and depend on a phone service that works.

Susan
Susan

Account 630672

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Julie
JulieHobart, TAS

Land line issues ongoing

Seems to be a problem with Southern Phone unable to provide a service they offer, my mother who is in her 80's has not had a working land line for over 6 monthes. After multiple phone calls, and testing, waiting for someone to answer phone, being put through to technicians again waiting on line, at least once a week, we have finally been told that they are unable to fix the issue. Surely you could have said that in the first place instead of this fiasco you have now created. And to top it off we decided to get Mum a mobile so that she had a phone if needed, guess what 8 weeks later they cannot find the order. The poorest service you could possibly get I dont know how they run a business.

A Customer
A Customer

Calling the Ombudsman

Andrea
Andrea

No Home Phone - yet again!!

We have had ongoing problems with our home phone. It has dial tone, but can’t ring out, or receive calls. Constant engaged signal when trying to phone in.
Have had contact with tech support several times over last couple of months, works for approx one day and then drops out again. Long waiting on hold to speak to customer service and then further waiting in queue to speak with tech support.
Really poor customer service yet again!
We do pay a monthly fee for home phone and internet bundle, but we rarely can use our home phone.

craig
craigIllawarra, NSW

phone drops out every day

Mothers home phone keeps dropping out and gets engaged tone every couple of days . Have had tech help works for a day and same thing. spend hours on hold to be told will fix and it happens all again. She went to Southern to support an Australian company. Go else where

Andrew
AndrewIllawarra, NSW

Pity I can't give a zero

No support, no fault action, no answer from the 131464 line. The worst customer service around. Lodging this for my elderly mother who has had nothing but trouble since starting their (very loosely calling) service in November last year

Hi Andrew,
I am concerned to hear that your mother has been experiencing issues with the service for so long. Can you please respond to my private message with the account details so I may assist?

Terrible

Hi Joel,
I sincerely apologise that no one has been in touch sooner. I have responded to the private message you have sent. *Shelby

Will

Shocking customer service and with zero result

Called for help after internet stopped working. Placed on hold for very long. Eventually got through to a lady that put me on hold again, only to tell me the technical team has knocked off early and that she is unable to help me. She told me to call 8am next morning which I did. After being on hold again for some time, I got through to the same lady. She called herself silly for asking me to call so early as the tech team only starts at 9am. She promised me a call back at 9am. Well, I’m still waiting for that call...and still without internet.

Hi Will,
I am really disappointed to hear that you have had this experience with us recently and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I assist you further?

Will

Thanks for the reply. I have since, switched provider. I know it’s a challenging time for all but I believe the treatment (or should I say the lack thereof) I received, was unfair.

Kevin W
Kevin WMid North Coast, NSW

Southern Phone Incapable?

Hi Kevin,
I am really concerned to hear that you have been experiencing these issues and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this further for you?

Ann
AnnBowral

no phone again and slow internet

Again - no phone and reliable internet for essential services health worker. Have been raising issue for years and as little as 2 weeks ago told that the service had been fixed. Out yet again. What happens if a service cant be provided as a result of no phone or slow internet? What if a patient misses out on essential care? I have been raising this for years and years. Doesn't Southern Phones care about the effect this lack of service may have on sick people - especially at this time with Corona? I am beyond shocked. [name removed] you are aware of this issue. You need to act.

Hi Ann,
I am sorry to hear that your service isn't working correctly and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to respond to my private message so I may look into this issue for you?

lyn no phone
lyn no phoneHobart, TAS

no home phone once again

Ian
IanGoulburn Valley, VIC

What a crap service

Rarely does our phone work, randomly works and then drops out again. Rang customer service and after waiting an extended time was told we are having trouble with our phone routing and our technicians are working on it. I'd suggest you get some new technicians. Same story over and over. What a useless service! I'm off to find someone who has spent money on decent infrastructure.
Shouldn't take long to find a better service because this would be at the bottom of the heap. I had had a good service but they were bought out by this dodgy outfit.
I'll ring when I find a new provider. Cheers Ian

Discraceful

I am currently waiting on hold to get assistance connecting a new modem from SP for my mother, who doesn't like dealing with these things. Usual deal, 25mins to customer (dis)service, then 45 on hold waiting for tech support. My dad passed 3 years ago and he was a strong believer because he wanted to support an Aussie company. She has stuck with them but had continual problems. Land line cuts out. Random messages if people try to call her "this phone number is not valid" etc.

Hi Peter,
I am so sorry to hear about the ongoing issues your mother has experienced. I know how important it is to have a reliable connection. I have sent you a private message requesting your mothers account details so I can assist further. *Darian

Sandra T.
Sandra T.

This company lacks credibility

Hi Sandra,
I am so sorry for the late response, I have responded to your private message answering your query. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. *Shelby

Disgruntled customer
Disgruntled customerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Inept customer service

Ever since nbn was installed I have had no end of frustration with this company. Being put on hold from between 15 mins to 45 max to speak with staff who provide me with conflicting information.
Almost one year later, the modem, still under warranty was finally replaced after discovering 3weeks later it was never sent out to me! After phone calls and too much time spent holding the line later..it was finally sent out to me and now doesnt work either.
I will say that the tech team staff have always been knowledgeable and helpful but customer service, although friendly never seem to know what they are talking about.
This phone company is mostly incompetent and unreliable in my experience and I would warn everyone away from them.

Hi there,
I am really concerned to hear that your modem is still not working correctly. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I may look into this for you? *Shelby

Sabrina
SabrinaPerth, WA

Poor customer service.

Was on hold for over 40 minutes for them to answer the phone and then transfer me somewhere else and then those people hung up on me within a minute of the call saying they couldn’t help. Have only been with the company 2 weeks and already looking else were as this is the second time this has happened. Have already paid $250 within the first two weeks for my internet to be very slow and then to not be working at all, very angry with this result.

Ali AkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

crap internet provider they dont even deserved 1 star

i been with them in the past 7 months they freaking can't fix the issue and i requested to disconnect my internet and even they charge me in advance when i sign up and even though i dont have any internet with them in the past 2 months this halfwits sending me bills payments to pay please dont ever try to go with this crap nbn provider they ill rip u off

Ali Ak

u not resolving the issue u freaking giving people a hard time just go and annoy out to other who dont know your terrible nbn provider

Hello Ali,
As mentioned earlier, If you can please respond to my private message with your account details, I can investigate this further for you. *Yvette

smok
smokCentral Queensland, QLD

Considered this company, but ran off from appauling service and non competitive rates

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Worst company to deal with

Left iprimus for Australian company. In two years will be leaving Australian company. Signed on 29/11/19 had no phone or internet for 3 weeks then received account for triple quoted. When you call you wait for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. Sick of waiting for help. Going back to overseas call centre support .