Verifiedsouthernphone.com.au

30% · 69157 · 67%

Lucy
Lucy

terrible

i signed up and received my sim card the other day. haven't been able to access 4G so my imessages, snapchats etc wont send - no data. have been on hold for over an hour and still no response. absolute failure.
Southern Phone   DM

Hi Lucy, I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to speak to our team to fix your connection issue. I am happy to give you a hand. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so I can fix this for you. *Darian

Jo . B
Jo . BSydney, NSW

I’m moving on , had enough

$30 monthly plan was what I agreed but billed $50 each for first two months then $70 for third, HOW !. On hold for EVER then disconnected after 10 minutes. No one person has the same answer about bill or coverage problems. This has been going on since December 2018. Told would have coverage but miss work calls and incoming calls due to poor coverage. I now have to have 2 , YES TWO phones ( 2nd with another company ) so people can contact me. So sorry I stayed Loyal.
Arthur W
Arthur W3 posts

extremely bad

The bad:
was on a special 'was $45 per mth - now 30 dollar per month plan - and it wasn't made clear that the first month was $45.
Was told that I would get a $15 discount 1st mth as a gesture of good will - this wasn't applied.
I initially set up direct debit - but somehow this didn't get applied and I was penalised $11 for this.
I complained a few times - nothing was done.

Avoid this company at all costs.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Arthur, I am sorry to hear that you have had this billing issue. I am more than happy to get this one fixed up for you. I have sent you a private message requesting your account number so I can apply the necessary credits. *Darian

lyn
lynSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Glad I made the switch

Switched to Southern for improved range, competitive price & customer service. To get served by a local professional who knows her stuff & doesn't waste my time is a breath of fresh air. And my changeover happened in under 24 hrs. So far, so good. Thanks Krystle & Southern. Show reply
Adrian.shepherd
Adrian.shepherdSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

This is the worst service you could ever get

This is the worst company ever told me they would refund me 2 months because one of those months I didn’t have a modem and the other because because of them keeping me happy get my next bill and get charge for all three months and try to contact them get hung up on called a liar and get pushed around but I am On hold for over 2 hours the worst company ever don’t not join these guys
Raj
RajSydney, NSW

terrible

consent, IconsentSouthern phone is terrible. please please don't go inside their trap you will be sad all year. Its true experience. I sign in for 10 dollar plan and I paid more than 700 dollar, what they did ? change plan 1 gb to 500 Mb without my consent, I ask reason be email no reply no response. you need to wait more than 40 min ask one questions. what a terrible.
Southern Phone   DM

Hi Raj, Sounds like you've had a poor experience with us recently and I apologise for the frustration this has caused you. Are you able to respond to our private message with your account details so we can follow this up with you? *Shelby

Peanut5555
Peanut5555Wimmera, VIC13 posts

No help minimum l hour wait

Arranged home ph and mobile phones got plans when billing came prices where over 5 wks tring to get thru 300 min call back wait times worse than any other company ...becareful with this company
Southern Phone   DM

I am sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your account. Can you please send me an email to socialteam@southernphone.net.au with your account number and best contact number and I will contact you to help sort this out. *Darian

Bevan
Bevan

Dodger
Dodger.

Great Aussie company

I have been with this company for over 10 years. recently, I switched my phone plan from Southern to another internet provider as part of a bundle purely for accounting reasons. Switched the phone only back to Southern a couple of months ago due problems in my area with Opus coverage (only network offered by IInet). It was a completely seamless transaction, and as usual the service was of the highest standard. I think a lot of the negative comments on line should really be directed at the NBN Co; not Southern. It has been a truly horrendous transition to that network, and 90% of the problems lie with NBN Co, not the phone companies.

Sylvia
SylviaSanctuary Point

Same s**t 5years later

Reading these comments today take me back at least 5 years. I feel for you guys. Southern has been incompetent for a long time. They royally screwed me over and my family. No mobile for two months and when connected no coverage. When you live remote you want reliable service ,we didn't get any in our darkest of times, not something you forget, Optus and Telstra are the ones to be with. As for their customer service there are no words to describe them. They failed big time and we still have no apology from them and don't expect any. If they were only honest just once" We would still be enjoying our family member that had no coverage to call for help, Shame on you for still doing this to US Australians.

stebow
stebow

Not sure how they are calculating data

Have received my bill showing excess data usage on the 18gb plan, coming off a lower plan from another provider where the excessive data use did not happen, it seems odd the same type of usage is attracting a bigger data load?

barns-from-oz
barns-from-ozPerth3 posts
Cong Nguyen
Cong NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Very bad services

Not reliable services. Wait too long to get answers or solve any issue. Wait days for activation. I won't recommend this company.

November 27th 2019 Update: Worst service ever

I have no internet on my mobile phone and I have tried to contact Southernphone many many times but never got 1 single answer from them. So my best advise is stay away from them Southernphone or switch to other providers. Do not waist your time and money. Show details

Ollie
OllieSouth Australia47 posts

None
None

Waiting 6 hours fo a call back service no problem, have a problem talking to reps

No problem with phone service, broadband very slow here. Have huge Robles talking to any reps from company. Have been customer for many years

B trust
B trustSydney, NSW4 posts

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Don
Don

Perfect

Very reliable and no dropouts. No issues with the service. Have had southern phone mobile service for several years and like the customer service given.

Deb
Deb

Happy customer

Been with Southern phone for years for both internet & mobile service. Had an issue with internet couple of years ago which was resolved quickly. More than happy with the service & happy helpful people on the phone .

m s
m smid north coast nsw australia26 posts
Remus
RemusMelbourne3 posts

Absolutely Not

Sim card arrived 2 days late, 45 minute wait on a support line which closes early, 5 day wait to port your number in which case you have to call them to action it and then i had my number disconnected from both my previous supplier and southern themselves. Purchased a prepaid sim of much better value and will proceed legally if they attempt to charge me anything at all. Avoid at any cost!!

Wazza
Wazza

No service!

Mobile Sim card activated on the 1/11/18, its the 5/11 today and still no service!

Waited 45min on the phone to talk to customer service only to give up because i had to get back to work!

I dont recomend this telco!

MICHAEL
MICHAEL2 posts

Good packages bad service

Changed from telstra because of bad client service. Southern phone started out well but like all corporate's the accountants have demanded better returns and the first thing that suffers is customer service. Absolute garbage call center waited 25 for a client service operator who was a complete waste of time. Call back was 90 mins took 180 minutes. Lift your game sack a network accountant put on two customer service operators.

Aidan S.
Aidan S.Canberra

This is a scam

Southern Phone is a terrible scam. They charge you before you have reached your data usage limit and then when you attempt to check your usage, you see that you have not gone over. They make up for this by saying that data measurements take are delayed by 48hrs, often by which you have gone on to the next month of the plan and you are unable to check your previous months usage. I reached out to the company and they made up some story which was garbage.Would not recommend this brand as it is solely a money making venture.

Wordword
WordwordWynnum2 posts

Regretting my decision to join

Signed up two phones from one account (Optus) to one of account with them. One of the SIM cards were activated instantly except it does not have internet. The other account took circa 24 hours since the deactivation of the Optus account to be able to make/receive phone calls, then a couple of hours to be able to receive/send text. But still no internet. I was hold for circa 45 minutes waiting to talk to someone about the initial connection. I am looking forward to this time next year as it would take a miracle for me to stay with them.

They rate about their customer service, however, it appears that they spend more time responding to complaints then responding to issues.

aHoLe
aHoLe5 posts

Dont bother

Hidden charges, minimum of 15 minutes on hold. Made it hard to port my number to another telco. decided to charge a month in advance without letting me know.

tjarlz
tjarlzMid North Coast, NSW14 posts

Andrew W
Andrew W

Just saw TV ad stating “Award winning customer service “

I had the misfortune of dealing with this company with my businesses. They were more or less uncontactable when there were wifi issues for the businesses.

There’s now a tv advertisement that states Award winning customer service.

Award must have been awarded to themselves!

bec
becCairns

the WORST customer service and basic communication ineptitude I have ever experienced

Had severe issues simply trying to activate a simcard; all responses to questions were answered with "turn your phone on and off again", and not a single question was actually answered, I was under the impression that they read the first sentence of my communications "I need assistance as my simcard is not activating" and simply ignored any other correspondence. Multiple emails, phone calls (on hold for over an hour each time!) and live chat sessions, each with a different person, were all a waste of time. Took over a month to simply activate a sim card and zero apology from anyone other than a basic "sorry for the inconvenience".

Dallas
Dallas2 posts

Helpful, Reliable, Understandable and not Full of Bull

Have had mobile phones with Southern for several years. Never had a problem with service, Great to talk to someone you can understand who is working in our own country. Very helpful when discussing plans and various options.

Grumpy
Grumpywhyalla

Works for me

Been with Southern Phone for quite a few years in regional SA. No real issues with them so would recommend to others

Brian
BrianSanctuary Point, NSW

Good friendly service at the right price

Connection is excellent . The service provided by the staff is friendly and helpful. We have two separate mobile packages for our house which suits our needs.

Dougald
DougaldBowral

Very good service

Very good reliable service for my mobile.Good to talk to very courteous people.I am happy here you share the profit with others.Good work all round.Thank you.DM

Marg .
Marg .

Contented

Very satisfied . It has met all our needs without any problems.

I have covered the question with brevity . How about that ?.

Gail
Gail

Best provider

My connection is good and I haven’t had any drop outs

I haven’t had any issues but my enquiries are always dealt with in an efficient and friendly manner

Arthur Swift
Arthur SwiftNSW4 posts

Gazza
Gazza7 posts

Keep sending me bills even though I have cancelled

I have tried to cancel my service a number of times with Southern Phone, but they keep sending me bills and messages telling me I owe them money. They won't reply to my emails and nobody answers their online chat when I've tried twice (I want all communications in writing). Have resorted to the TIO to get it sorted. Terrible service. Would definitely avoid.

Graham
GrahamWendouree

Overseas connections

I had a contract with Southern Phone a few years ago. As I was going overseas on business I asked to be put on international roaming which they did. While I was in China I could not get any calls in or out which was very embarrassing. I told them about the problem when I returned and they assured me that it would be ok during my upcoming visit to NZ. Again I couldn’t get any calls in or out. When I challenged them about this I was then told that they don’t guarantee that you can get or make calls while overseas. They must be the only mobile phone provider that does not offer this service. I immediately cancelled my contract. Terrible service.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Graham, I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with the coverage you require while travelling overseas. I have sent you a private message requesting your account number you had with us if you wish to discuss this matter further. *Darian

Andrew
AndrewArmidale
Kelly
KellyMurray Mallee, SA40 posts

Great company to deal with

Great company to deal with! Awesome service as well. Easy to deal with with problems I may have. Have my mobiles, home phone and internet through them.

itforsenior
itforseniorCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC9 posts

Cannot understand huge 'terrible' rating

I cannot understand the huge 'terrible' rating. I had some early problems with delivery of items but now settled down. I cannot fault the email support. They respond the next day and even when the issue is settled you get an email to enquire if everything is OK before they close the enquiry. Their little mobile modem pulls a great wifi signal on 4G. I guess phone enquiries are much more frustating, likewise NBN problems.

September 2nd 2019 Update: Problem solved

I posted a problem with my account on here. I chose the option to send it to the company before publishing. They responded promptly and resolved the problem, so this proved a useful forum. Readers may wish to try this route. Show details ·  1