Verifiedsouthernphone.com.au

30% · 69157 · 67%

Phil
PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD78 posts

Good so far - No Issue - Great value

I went with the 140GB data only sim for $77 per month, 12 month plan and it just worked out of the envelope as supplied

Had it about 6 weeks now

SIM was pre activated. Dropped it into my 4G router and it just worked like before.

Billing seems accurate and no change in service levels from my previous (same) telco network provider

Except now i have double the data i had before.

Though i must say being a regional customer this is enough data to run every app non stop, lot's of you tubes and moderate netflix. So no complaints from me.

Early day's yet so i'll update if any changes

Jo Jo
Jo JoNewcastle16 posts

Terrible service,no customer service!

Worst provider ever,do not connect,they answer new connections and promise everything but deliver nothing,constant drop outs,dont answer phone,dont return calls,dont return support tickets,overcharging.

Good bye southern ombudsman here I come.

DO NOT SIGN UP you be sorry.

Ronda
Ronda3 posts

Great

Hi

Southern phones was very helpful when I was forced to get a new number and I was also very grateful for the person I talked to about my problem with short rings which I had to just about break my neck to answer phone .

Now it is perfect

Thank you once to the person who helped me

Kind Regards

Ronda

Pamela
Pamela2 posts

Mobile service always dropping out

This company has to be the worst in the world for customer service. I have spoken to quite a few of them, always contacting them, regarding my mobile or NBN. Always a long wait, and I mean long, very rude, unhelpful staff, that give out different information to resolve a problem. Yes, the prices are cheap, but you certainly get what you pay for, Cheap, non existent service by rude staff, who hang up on you and bad coverage. Glad I'm ending my contract and going back to Optus. Warning to prospective customers, Stay away.

Dan
Dan

Warning: Don't use this company. Useless

Had my phone connected with this company. It was ok for 1.5 years then kept losing the service provider. Tried to get help to fix issue and was told phone was faulty. Changed phone company phone works perfectly. Asked to be let out of contract and was told to pay a cancellation fee plus how many months left on contract. Phone wait to talk to customer help 40 minutes plus.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Dan, I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience with our team and your mobile service. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to respond to the private message I sent you. *Darian

Susan O
Susan ONewcastle16 posts

Rosie
Rosie

Customer service waiting times extreme, couldn’t port across

Tried to port across to southern phone $22 plan from Telstra prepaid, tried porting over a month never worked, got sick of ringing 12 times and waiting for up to an hour to talk to someone. Went to Optus and it took less then 10 minutes to port across. Would not recommend.

Paul
PaulAU4 posts

Veronica B
Veronica B

Mobile phones only

My experience with Southern Phone is only with mobiles. Quick to sign you up, slow to activate but once up and running reliability is up to the service provider. Which is good because when I rang Southern Phone on Friday the hold time was over an hour. They tried to sign me up to the internet, but why give up an ISP that has never failed to deliver constant speed (95Mbps) 24 hours a day, emails you when the system will be down for maintenance (theirs and the NBN) and has answered all tech support calls in under 5 minutes.

Helen
HelenGlenthompson

HarryGopal
HarryGopalLaunceston, TAS14 posts

Miss MM
Miss MM

Terrible Customer Service

The customer service is just non existent with Southern Phone. From the word go I have had to troubleshoot the problems from the first problem of an error with the portal of my mobile number through to an error with my voicemail. Apart from nobody ever getting back to me, I have had to first of all call my last provider Optus then wait hours with Southern Phone and then explain to them how they can fix the problems. Oh and then get abused "because what could I expect it was Sunday." Can't wait for the two years to be up so I can go back to a decent provider.

Lara
Lara

If you want terrible service then go to Souther Phones

Terrible service and wait times. Over promised and under delivered. You should be should shut. Phone wait times - over an hour wait times on the phone???? No call back from your recorded call back service!what a joke.

Tony
TonySydney Surrounds, NSW13 posts

Have been with southernphone for 10 years

Their service was great up until a couple of years ago, since expanding greatly i found that the standard of customer service dropped,at times to a very unacceptable level.

Greg
GregCoffs Harbour2 posts

Balz
BalzBurnie3 posts

fraudulent access to your credit card

tell me one thing then take extra money from my credit card. No response when you call or email. Prefer to be nasty and attack customers rather than offer solutions. CEO enjoys bonuses but at customers' expense. Most terrible service you can imagine.

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

GrantM
GrantMAdelaide3 posts

Southern Phone   DM

I am so sorry to hear that you have experienced issues twice getting your service activated. This is completely unacceptable. I have responded to your private message and I have also applied a credit towards your account. *Darian

damo
damoSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Love that this is an Australian company, but their service levels have dropped

I liked Southern for years because of the service, got to a person quickly. However service times (not the people) have dropped off. Wait time is 28 minutes current call; every time I call, "experiencing longer wait times than usual"; yesterday with call, left with "call back option", but that I did not get a response. On another note, the payment gateway needs work, for example, go to southern phone > pay my bill, jumps straight to registration without validating the username/account that you'll be plugging your details into; there is also an option to pay bill via text message reminders, but unfortunately the links direct payment to non-https payment gateway ( http://pay.sthrn.ph/).

sid
sid

Contract changes with authority

Southern phone changed my data plan without my permission doubling my bill, when i tried to sort this out on the phone explaining that i am dying of cancer and can't handle these disputes they hung up on me. I have been unhappy with them from the beginning of dealing with them i will stick with telstra in future better the devil you know.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Sid, I am sorry to hear that your plan has been changed without your consent. I would like to have a look at your account for you to get this sorted right away. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details. *Darian

Brett
Brett

Terrible service, no call back, don't want to fix problems

Took 7 days to activate service, then had no data service, they didn't really care about fixing any problems and not really concerned about the time it took to activate the service let alone providing a data service, they don't return calls and the chat doesn't work, 78 minute and 96 minute wait times when you ring, now they want to be payed for a full month of service of a 12 dollar plan, fair trading can deal with these idiots.

May 5th 2018 Update: omg

2 months in and still haven't activated data service,doesn't stop the idiots sending the bills though,unprofessional and incompetent,rude operators too.

Sahara
SaharaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Mikef50
Mikef50Sydney, NSW252 posts

Great Value Quality Service on a Budget Plan

Joined Southern Phone to replace my Kogan sim when they raised their monthly plan prices. The change to Southern Phone, and porting my existing number was very easy, and assisted by their efficient online chat. I joined their base plan, $10pm, unlimited calls to local numbers including mobile, and 1 gig a month data. Running on the Optus network ensures a quality of service as good as anyone. I was so impressed, that my brother and sister joined up also.

Show 2 replies

Karen
KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Excellent service

I can honestly say never had a problem with southern phones have been with them with my mobile for 2 years i praise them, if i ever need to talk to them they answer the phone very quickly.

Karen
KarenMelbourne

Sells customer numbers to spammers...?

I am harassed by spam phone calls on a daily basis. I do not give my phone number, or any other details to any websites. The only explanation I can think of ...is that this company is selling my phone number on to multiple third parties. It's getting extremely irritating, and beyond the joke.

Up to 5 unwanted phone calls per day.

Eddie
EddieSydney, NSW7 posts

Not happy1848
Not happy1848AU

Frog69
Frog69Ballarat6 posts

happy with thier services

We had southern up until we moved to my new address where we cant get anything as the lines are not to speed for the internet. still have mobiles through them but will be going prepaid with another company as it becoming to dear for our family specially when the internet goes over our plan allowance even when our data is turned off when not in use.

John M
John M3 posts
Bron
Bron3 posts

currently waiting on hold

So far I've been on hold for 15 minutes - I wonder if they actually have anyone answering phones? Or is it a bit of a game to see how long people will hold :)

Bec WJ
Bec WJMareeba4 posts

jeff
jeffHobart, TAS8 posts

Ellen Whelan
Ellen WhelanAU5 posts

No Issues so far

I signed up for Southern Phone, due to connection issues with my previous mobile provider. I found the Customer service to be very helpful and reliable. The transfer from my previous provider to Southern Phone to be very punctual.

Neil
NeilMurrabit5 posts

Patrick
PatrickPerth, WA5 posts
Meredith
MeredithRichmond-Tweed, NSW5 posts

Still no phone contact from a phone company!!!!

Asked for a call back still waiting day 4.

Text message asking for call back still waiting 5 days and counting.

Sent a sim that doesn't work so can't activate the phone so I cant change plans paying $79 per month for a service I dont use. Last time I complained someone did call me. I want to cancel my service but noone will call pathetic poor service from a company I really really wanted to support and have been supporting for years!! but costing me a fortune! call me or my next call will be to the communication ombudsman actually I'm going to call them anyway do what you like..

Brian
Brian2 posts

I'm out!

That's the "last straw".

After suffering with a Southernphone 3g (Telstra) connection and slow data, I am informed by e-mail that I am getting 4g etc ...just replace the sim and wait up to 48 business hours for activation.

A WEEK later I still have no Activation!

So I phone Southernphone "we are unable to answer your call etc" is the response "we will get back to you later"

When they respond (Three and a half hours later!) I ask why the sim is inactive I am told "because it was not activated!..But "I will activate it for you now"

No thanks Southernphone ..I have had enough!

Update....I am still waiting for Southernphone to release my number to Telstra...dragging the chain Southern "phony"?

Aquamgicgal
AquamgicgalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

Unable to connect service, 0 customer service, not happy

Still no connection for a week since SIM was activated, 113 min wait (phone), 11 (CHAT queue), no call back, Are you for real? If you can't honour the contract pls let me off the hook! You said 48 hrs activation sill nothing. Very disappointed at the lack of human contact and extremely slow and poor start-up and I am worried how it will be like if we do get started and it goes down-hill from here. Today is 6th Feb phone works but no internet service on iphone? Please fix, chat keeps pushing me to end of queue when i come first in queue, wth? Pathetic customer service!

Jade
JadeSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Worst company ever

Worst customer service ever. Took over a month to activate my mobile phone service, no one contacted me to tell me why, I had to do all the contacting to chase up what was happening. I'm planning on breaking my contract. Its such a shame as they used to be really good. This company needs to shut down.

Christine T
Christine T

Bad service

I have been with Southernphone for a few years and up in until May 2017 were more than happy since then the service has been terrible. We moved ...the wifi wouldnt work and still doesnt so ended up with a "dongal" thru Telstra ,

. The callback system actually worked last week but not today its phone back in a hour since 10am this morning until 5.25pm I am finally giving up and will take my business elsewhere.

Silvia
Silvia

Is Southern Phone still in business

I have tried calling Southern Phone for the last few days. Recording tells me I have to call back in an hours time. Where are your staff? Who has the time to do this when you work. You guys close at 8pm this is unacceptable. All I want to do is add a few mobile accounts. I guess I'll be going elsewhere. Shame Southern thought you were better than that. Acclaimed award winners for customer service. You had it but lost it.