Verifiedsouthernphone.com.au

30% · 69157 · 67%

John B
John BSydney, NSW5 posts

Southern Phone Mobile is Hopeless

Shifted to Southern Phone Mobile around a month ago - I have never seen the EQUALS of it, took two days to get sim set up correctly and have still not ironed out the mess with messagebank problems. Phone CUSTOMER SERVICE at 8.30 am and you will be in a Que of 40 Minutes or more, It has happened to me at least 4 times. Service agents are very abrupt, won't listen and cut over you all the time. They tell you it is fixed and two days later problem is back again. Used to get through straight away before they started offering good deals on mobile.Better service is available from Optus and Even Telstra. I would not recommend them to anyone, HOPELESS with a capital H!

Aura R
Aura RSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

FarQ
FarQ3 posts

Nicole
Nicole

Have used SP for mobile plans for last few years, switched from another major provider. Always easy to deal with, helpful, good value for money. Highly recommend.

Hendo
HendoSpringwood NSW

mike
mikePerth, WA8 posts

Waiting,waiting

Activated sim on Sun.17th.Dec.phone calls not activated until Wed.20th.Dec.

Rang Alex on Wed.27th.Dec. as no data or sms.service, text was activated on 27th.Dec. but still no data available.

I know Xmas. & weekends are involved but this is rediculous.

If nothing by Monday,I will be going,going gone.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Mike, I am sorry to hear that your service has been delayed with the activation. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so we can review this for you.

334445Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

AVOID this company!

Sim card was "activated" 26 December. Still no mobile connection. What are you going to do about this?? About to complain to the ombudsman. Account no. 334445

Saad
Saad

No internet service and keeps disconnecting

I should have been with vodafone as they were providing better services. The service keeps disconnecting every time and the call quality is terrible. Randomly disconnects the call

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, I am sorry to hear about the quality of your calls. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so I can organise a mobile team member contact you to discuss your service.

Rod
Rod

Customer feedback

I have been with Southern Phone for approx 6 years and just recieved my new phone a Samsung Pro J 5 and am very impressed with the style and functions The customer service team are very willing to assist with enquiries and are very easy to communicate with I am one very pleased customer Thank you

Ray
RayAdelaide4 posts

glopaul
glopaulSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Be very wary

Had lots of problems with Southern phone; Signed up for a mobile plan and then nothing !! Contacted them after a week and was told that for some unknown reason, sim card had not been sent. Sim card arrived a week later. Activated it but then waited 7 days before I was connected despite complaining and receiving an email that it would happen within 48 hrs. Be aware that they say "48 BUSINESS HOURS", which means up to 8 days. This is allowing 8 hours per day, no hours on a weekend to be counted. The process took more than 3 weeks!!! They state that their customer service is "world class" ; other times when I have switched providers it was done quickly and efficiently.

roraz
roraz

Terrible

Got my sim in the mail two weeks ago and i activated it on the internet the day i got it, i waited 2 days, nothing, 4 days, nothing so i call them and i get put on hold for half an hour then i finally speak to somebody and they say it was probably my previous carriers fault and they said it should be activated by the next day. That was a week ago.

Paul  R Henry
Paul R HenryPeel, WA18 posts

Barry
Barry2 posts

nww1969
nww1969Sydney Surrounds, NSW28 posts

Customer service great but nothing else

Customer service great , quick responses and feedback from them constantly calling to resolve issues but nothing they can do about poor signal strength as they use optus , but do offer Telstra if you want to be ripped off with higher prices.

Didn't realise the great offer used optus infrastructure, been with optus previously and had same issue, tells you something about optus when vodaphone works better in my area.

Will go back to kogan soon .

All that said southern customer service and Australian call centre was a relief to use.

Paul
PaulToowoomba

Useless

So I decided to break from optus and give southern phone a go for a mobile on a plan. I was informed I didn't pass the credit check. Odd. I went back to optus and ordered a phone three times the cost, passed and done. What a joke, did they even bother. Nope. Stay away from these tossers.

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

turadactyl
turadactyl3 posts

Do Not Even Think About It!

This is the worst telecommunications company on the planet! There's a 48 hour time lag from when you use data till it hits your account. Customer Service staff are totally incompetent! Don't ask to speak to a manager, because they refuse to put you on to someone that might be able to fix your complaint. They will bill you for charges you shouldn't have to pay, then refuse to do anything about it. Had problems from day 1, when the iPhone they sent me didn't work! This company is a sick joke. The government dept I did customer service for offered a service 100 times better than anything Southern Phone could even dream of.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I have sent you a private message requesting your contact and account details so I can organise to have a Supervisor contact you to discuss your account and concerns.

Wobby
WobbyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD5 posts

Angry customer

I had mobile phone have had trouble since I got you can't ring as the wait is long you are paying for the call my phone wouldn't charge obviously there was something wrong with it I did live chat the guy offered for me to send it back what was I supposed to do without a phone I had to go to another company and get one as it's the only phone I had I will not be paying any more money they can have there broken phone back it's the worst phone company I have ever had

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, I am sorry for the issues you have experienced with your mobile phone. I have sent you a message requesting some contact details so we can get a team member to contact you and help assist with your concerns.

alan
alan

Received a bill in May this year for 10 times the amount I normally pay. rang 20 times with waiting

What customer service?

I was a happy customer for a few years..

I would still like to hear from a rep from Southern phones to clear up this matter.

Have now gone to another provider.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Alan, We apologise for the issues you have experienced with your bill. We will private message you for your contact and account details and have one of our Customer Experience team members contact you.
Kind Regards,

Bob
Bob17 posts

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, we are really sorry to hear about this experience. We have private messaged you for more details so we can have this investigated immediately.

UGG
UGGHelensburgh2 posts

Bad mistake but lesson learnt- always read reviews

Should never have transferred to this company! Customer service does not care! I was told so many lies from different officers. Never again!

no nick name
no nick nameTasmania3 posts

Be careful not to text them back with a yes

Not happy with this service. They increased my monthly bill and my sons without consent or explanation. Internet works slowly sometimes constant dropouts. Etc Etc Etc. Intend to cancel service.

Bickie
BickieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD3 posts

Unpleasant call centre staff member

The young fellow who answered my call was rude, short and arrogant from the get go. It actually felt quite insulting and I'm still furious. Luckily the call was to cancel the service for my step dad who is now sadly, unwell and in a nursing home. I imagine this young person will eventually get a lesson in customer service and manners soon enough

Katelyn
KatelynCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Katelyn, I apologise that your service is not working and for any inconvenience this has caused. I have sent you a private message, if you could reply with your account details and we will contact you to rectify.

EM Brown
EM Brown3 posts

What has happened?

I have been a customer of SP for years and had always found them helpful and an excellent telco . However I have noticed in the last couple of years the service is not what it was. This is a shame as there maybe the possibility of a takeover by a larger multi-national. If this were to happen Australian jobs- particularly in regional Australia- will disappear overseas. Don't let this happen and I urge the upper echelons of this once great telco to lift their game.

Baron
Baron2 posts

Angry customer
Angry customerCranbourne3 posts

Unprofessional, worst customer service and unexpected overcharging. Never recommended.

If you value your money and comfort of using a mobile plan never put your head into these cheaters.

Dathan M
Dathan M

Won't respond to any attempt i make to contact

I had a 200mb data and phone plan but the data didn't work. We then proceeded to get a 1.5 gig plan and I've had it for four weeks and they haven't activated it. After multiple attempts to contact their customer support, we haven't gotten it activated. Thanks Southern Phone for being useless.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Dathan, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your mobile data. I have sent you a private message, if you could reply with your account details and we will contact you to assist with your account.

Janice
Janice
Lee
Lee

Leaves Telstra for dead!!!!!!

After many years of extremely poor service issues with Telstra, including when I was studying for uni in the middle of the night and had problems was told to wake up my husband as I wasn't authorised to talk to them.... I switched. It was easy, haven't looked back. When I would run out of data with Telstra they would use up all my credit at an exorbitant cost until I had no credit left. . They would then contact me three days later to tell me I had run out of data....

BEll
BEll5 posts

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience - I have just sent you a private message and if you could reply with your account & contact details and we will review your account and make any necessary adjustments.

smelly
smellySouth Australia6 posts

Janine Quill
Janine Quill2 posts

seriously southern phone!!!!!!

Please don't insult all your customers with glib patronising answers to your very serious buisness downfalls!...tried to contact you 9 times Now waiting an average of 3hours !.....I have no mobile phone at the moment yet am still expected to pay a monthly access fee.......the ability to contact you is a very basic requirement of any buisness!!!!!....you once were a great company but are bottom of the pile now....am seriously looking at changing providers and am guessing by the feedback and reviews you are loosing customers hand over fist! FIX IT SOUTHERN PHONE!!!

GymReview
GymReviewBrisbane2 posts

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, I am sorry you have had trouble reaching our customer service team recently. I have sent you a private message, if you could reply with the account details we can look into this further for you.

Francis
FrancisSamford Qld2 posts

It's gone a long way down hill

I have been a customer for several years - landline, 2 mobiles and internet. Without warning Southern blocked a mobile although the bill had been paid as it always has been. When I rang I waited 1 hour 5 minutes. The landline phone battery went flat because of the wait time. I phoned again from another phone and waited 2 hours 28 minutes. When I asked direct questions and would not accept the glib and transparently false answers I politely asked to not be insulted. The employee then hung up. I previously sent an email 2 days ago about the problem. Still waiting for an answer. Next question will be the cost of getting out of the plan

Rabbit
Rabbit

Do Not Use Southern Mobile

Southern promise $25 a month, don't go there, they will overcharge and the bill is never $25, always well above.

I am going back to Optus Prepaid, $30 a month. And I never run out of credit. Also going through Fair Trading.

Cheryl
Cheryl

Cannons ever contate them

Abomination of a so called company, treats it customers like crap. Words will not make anyone understand how terrible this mob is. And all they do is respond saying sorry, well I'm sorry I ever joined you and I'll see it that I cancel my service via fair trading.

Indianman
Indianman

Lack of customer service availability

I have a mobile phone supplied by southern phones in november 2016. The battery has gone flat and will not recharge .The date of production on the battery is 08/15. New phone ? I have been trying to ring customer service for 2 weeks. As I am not prepared to wait 45-71 minutes on hold I have not as yet spoken to any-one to rectify this problem .Is there any danger I may actually get to speak to customer service with out having to wait 50-65 minutes Your 1800 number cannot help me , transfered me to customer service ,46 minute wait !!

macca
maccaMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

worst phone company i have ever dealt with

Mobile phone contract. Poor reception in my area NSW Mid North Coast. Dont bother ringing them for help because they wont answer you. Emails take forever to be answered. For an Aussie company they have no idea about customer service. And dont try to bail out from the contract with them .they wiĺl hold you to it even though are unable to provide the service they promise. They are a disgrace. Take my advice and give them a wide berth.

Charles D.
Charles D.Moe, Victoria78 posts

Trying to activate SIM card

I have been trying to activate a SIM card with Southern Phone, since last Thursday to no avail! Apparently this task has, for reasons beyond my simple understanding, become extremely difficult to complete. Seems I will have to pull the plug before I even got started! They are not the service they used to be! I have since terminated the contract, I simply couldn't continue to struggle with the company, and the incredible long waits, either by phone or live chat, any longer! Didn't join Southern Phone, and I wouldn't recommend anyone does either! Was once a great mob to deal with, I'm afraid, not at the moment! Perhaps in the future...???