Southern Phone NBN 12 (Basic)

Southern Phone NBN 12 (Basic)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (42) · No (56)

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not Sign Up with Southern Phone

MsUnderstood

MsUnderstoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Internet unreliable for distance education.

Often doesn't work at all for many hours when I am meant to be watching lectures online. Pretty sad and demotivating. No idea if it will ever work reliably. Also my billing was always by direct debit set and forget. Then without me knowing they randomly stopped the direct debit making it accrue to a few months before I realised and they never notified me. There was no reason. This caused me some financial problem suddenly. Still after all of It the internet is very unreliable and the outages are disrupting my study a lot.

Awful connection cuts out every 10 minutes

Internet keeps cutting out every 10 mins and has been for the past 3 months completely useless dont use this company have had troubles since I have changed over had no problems prior

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone NBN 12 (Basic) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Worst company ever

Extremely poor and unreliable internet service. We complained multiple times and things did not improve.

When we tried to leave the customer service people tried to gaslight us. They have continuously lied to us. Customer service are extremely unhelpful. I was told it was my fault our internet was unreliable because we chose the basic plan.

We keep getting bills even after they have agreed to stop billing us.

Save yourself the headache and go with a decent company.

kellie a.
kellie a.

Hi Kellie,
If you do not respond here with your account number, I can not review your account and help fix this issue. I am more than happy to look into this and get it sorted but I can not do that unless you provide me with the necessary details.

Bruce

BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't live without it

No problems with drop outs and able to pick up speed at night.

No issues and happy too be with Southern Phones and your Optus nextwork is reliable and safe.

Over Charged for 6 mths

Over Charged for 6 mthsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fraudulently ripping off Senior Citizens!! 6 mths and still cannot rectify overcharged bill.. Stay away!!

May L.Sydney, NSW

Keeps charging after service termination notified, late payment fee

Hi May,
I can see that you spoke with someone yesterday in relation to this and they have advised that they have applied a credit of $49.95. Have you received an email confirming this?
- Shelby

Jeff P.Wimmera, VIC

Late charge fee on direct debit.

Jeff P.

ACC119247 My invoice numbers do not align with the numbers on your website.
Late payment fees raised on both August and September invoices.
One credit on September account.

annmack

annmackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service and tech help they need more in depth training

GlennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Southern phone should there own spill about how good they are, well there service is crap

They are morons and couldn't give a damn there nbn connection is crap l have charged to another supplier and not a problem still trying to get the money back they took out of my account when l didn't have a connection with them. STAY CLEAR

Hi Glenn,
I can definitely understand how frustrating this has been. I am sorry to hear that we have lost you as our customer. If you can please confirm your account number for me I will be happy to look into this for you.

JenniBallarat

Please hire some more customer service staff!

Southern phones actually bought out the company that I had my NBN plan with. Every time I call it takes a ridiculous amount of time, so I tried live chat today....I was 38th in queue! Last time that I called (and was on hold for over 20 minutes) was because all of a sudden after years my Direct debit details had vanished and my payment was overdue! At that time I asked for a plan change.... never happened. I'll be looking for a new provider.

Jack Doff

Jack DoffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Apalling

I'm not usually a person who writes reviews, but these guys are really, really bad. Seriously wasted so much of my time already that they probably should be paying me for the use of their shoddy service. Shame on you all who work there. Shame

unhappyBrisbane

Don't use southern phones

The internet service was great before it got sold to southern phones, it drops out constantly, slows down to a unusable speed during peak hour , these people should not be allowed to operate a business in Australia

unhappy

Great work southern phones, no internet connection again, you people are a good example of how to take a good business and completely destroyed it over night

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am sorry to hear that your connections has dropped again. Have you completed a power cycle? I have advised the procedure above as this will often fix the issue. If the service is still having issues, please respond with your account number.

Avoid Like the Plague

Geoff

GeoffLaunceston, TAS

It is more than I can handle

I have had very little failure of my dropouts. Cant think how long it has been since I have had one apart from last night (4August2020) when we got hit by a sudden and totally unexpected snowstorm. This has not ever happened in my 25yrs living here, I had two dropouts but I fixed it myself.

Terrible Customer Service

Cannot overstate how terrible this company is to deal with.
They failed to resolve any issues that I had with my regular dropouts and lack of connection via my workplaces VPN.
Even after disconnecting my service they continued to bill me and it took ~3 hours of my own time (spread among four separate contacts initiated by myself) to organise a proper refund.

Never received call backs from technicians when promised.
Never received call backs from 'supervisors' when promised.

The low price is absolutely not worth the hassle of dealing with such a terrible ISP.
Please do yourself a favour and sign up with another company.

Rob S.
Rob S.
Anna K.

Anna K.

Great service, good price

Very good service and responsive support team. I only cancelled as I was moving somewhere where internet was provided, otherwise I'd be a long-term customer! A few small glitches in set-up but they handled it professionally and very quickly.

Duncan

Duncan

Generally a good solid reliable service for people needing a business, research, and social connection.

Hi Duncan,
Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us. We really appreciate your understanding. *Shelby

Dane

Didn’t even get round to connecting

If you want to wait around for days for southern phone then waste your time with them. You’ll be sent to many operators for no simple answer. If you need internet for your work or waiting for a connection to do an important job..then Southern phones will make sure that doesn’t happen. -5 stars

Dane

No I’ve spoken to too many different people there. I’m going with Aussie Broadband who connect people within a few hours. Thanks for wasting my time

michael6269North Queensland, QLD

do you want a review of Southern Phone or NBN

Southern phone is GREAT!!!!!!!! i had no internet problems until the NBN arrived Since then i have had LOTS of problems and they have ALL been caused by the NBN. And they all been fixed by Southern Phone I have SPC accounts at two premises and at the first one to get the NBN I lost my home phone number for several months. It turned out that the NBN box I received was meant for someone else, SPC determined this on my first call to them but it was months before the NBN fixed thd problem. as for nbn12 nbn50 or nbn100 i have no idea i don't know which i have

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews