Southside Auto Auctions

Southside Auto Auctions

I’m over the moon!!

Excellent service! First time buyer and was very happy with the communication and the overall experience. Thank you so much chris and Bobby for assisting us in getting our car!

Store LocationSouth

Above and beyond service

I’m from Victoria, and brought a car over the Internet, having never purchased a car in the fashion in the 30 plus years of holding a license, you can imagine I was extremely apprehensive, Paul the salesman who took my inquiry, straight away filled me with confidence, I arranged with Dave the owner to freight the car down to me and he even assisted generously with the costs, and guaranteed that if I wasn’t completely satisfied and also if the car wouldn’t pass a Victorian road worthy he would refund me every dollar, I’m happy to say the car exceeded my expectations and passed a roadworthy with flying colours. Thank you guys

great service

the guys at Southside auto auctions did a great job getting me into a car that I really needed they picked it out as I lived in a different town an I honestly couldn't be happier great service, great people. thankyou for all your help also a big thanks to Paul and Chris for everything you guys did. definitely recommend to friends an family

Lemon

Let me start with great service and financial advise by Chris. As for the rest of the team. Not happy. Sold me a lemon. Had the car 3 weeks and it broke down. Had to pay my own tow truck to get it back to south side auto. Had to pay for my own car hire as their courtesy car is a death trap. When i asked Dave (owner) for help to swap the car to something reliable I was told "no". I have to refinance, trade and buy another car ( so again out of pocket) Dave (owner) knowing the issues of the car now won't even trade it in, only have had the car 2 months (still playing up) TJ (salesman) was helpful when I first got there to buy a car, but when I needed help he wanted nothing to do with me, never replied to any of my texts or emails. Would recommend reading ALL reviews as this is not the first time it's happened.
Be aware!!!
No recommendations from me

Excellent service

Great customer service from the minute I walked into the front reception, thank you so much Gavin. Great financial advise from Chris, appreciate all your help with the purchase of my first car. Totally happy with the outcome. Very efficient. Friendly staff. Love their work and will definitely recommend families and friends to these guys. They're the BEST!!!

Great

Terific service great financial advise good on you cris and staff.would recomend these guys to all give them a go.

thank you i appreciate the feedback kind regards dave

Best service ever from Gavin and Chris

These guys were awesome gave me the best trade in and deal on my new car they were very professional and attentive I will recommend Southside autoactions to everyone I know , thanks so much guys

Brilliant customer service

Fantastic customer service, Gavin went above and beyond and looked after me, purchasing my new car without doubt was a dream with Gavin’s customer service, highly recommend to friends and look forward to future experiences, stay amazing

Faulty lemon sold to me with nonsense warranty “fair trade complaint is being lodged”

Brought a Mazda CX-7
Had it for 3 months did a full service then had to repair radiator, hoses etc, did another minor service as still didn’t seem to run right at 5 months found out had to do more repairs - 2 more months on timing chain broke - engine mounts gone, three more repairs and mechanics have just told me car looks like it has never been serviced they would say it’s been bandaged up to barley run and surprised it didnt blow up on me.12k for a car on finance plus over 3k in repairs so far now blown motor and no car and a loan, have lodged with fair trade now this is a joke and can see so many others have been thru the same experience.

you know joe it is dissapointing to see this review. i spoke with your partner yesterday, i was nothing but helpful to er. i explined we bought this business on august 1st and gave her all the details so she could get in touch with the previous owners who actually sold her this ( LEMON ). and you still wrote a bad reivew even knowing that is has nothing to do with me. I would have been willing to help you even though i didnt sell you the car but after reading this you are on your won good luck and thank you for a review that doesnt reflect what we do as the owners of southside auto auctions regards dave kennyThat’s nice of you to say on here although you were quite fast to ask if you can cut me off mid conversation so you can let me know if is not the same owner anymore and ask when I brought it as well as say sorry I have to speak to someone else as you have nothing to do with it now and good luck to me. No talk of helping out then And this review was written prior to talking with youi cut you of and explained to save you having to tell the whole story twice, and i am happy to try and help any previous southside customers if i can.

Dodgy guys with the worst in house finance

Bought a car a while ago and was on minimum wage. Old mate “moved some things around” and I got approval for a $16k car through ANZ Esanda who, funnily enough, have been fined $5 million for processing loan applications for people who didn’t have capacity to pay... which is where I was caught out. I have had this car 3 years and have made every repayment on time and guess what, my $16k car has still got $13,500 left on it. What the actual hell. I can assure you, the interest rate was not that damn high! Not only this, my car had problems from the get go and has nothing but problems since. They were reluctant to fix it the first few times and we were without a car for days and days. It’s a bucket of trash just like this car yard. These people are dodgy fools and just want to make money! I’ve been doing a heck of a lot of research, and am filing a massive complaint. You picked the wrong family to try and screw over with your lemon cars and false paperwork.

Fantastic Service Highly Recommended

This was a very great experience and would highly recommend Southside Auto Auctions to anyone looking to buy a vehichle

Amazing range great staff

Range here is fantastic and the sales staff are great would recommend to mates and family , quick and simple turn around

Amazing service and quality cars.

As a small business owner I'm quick to judge the customer service I receive from other businesses and when it comes to south side auto auctions I must give credit to these guys I was in need of 3 work utes assp for my employees. Tim the sales manager and his team stepped up to the challenge and organised 3 quality utes within a few hours they took care of all the on roads and made the whole process very easy for me and as for price I shopped around prior to dealing with these guys and no one came close 8 months on and all three utes are running fine. Thanks south side for a fantastic experience you've earned a long term customer in me.

Stay away from this place!!!

I bought a car from here less than 12 months ago and have had nothing but trouble with it the car is constantly getting repaired and when I asked for a refund they flatly refuse I have never had a worse experience with a car yard. Tim the manager is full of empty promises and constantly lies and tries to. Brush you off and that's even if he returns your call if possible I would rate this place negative 10 stars

Hi George, we are sorry to hear of your experience. So we can investigate further, could you please email us at customersupport@southsideautoauctions.com.au your full name and mobile number. Thanks SAA Customer SupportHahahaha are you serious I have been constantly in contact since I bought the car you since mark was the warranty manager I was lied to by him I was lied to by the next warranty manager I have been lied and brushed off by Tim who never replied to my calls and takes forever to reply to emails I was refused a refund even though the car has had thousands of dollars in warranty repairs I have been without my car for most of the time I have owned it and I am now stuck paying for a vehicle I can't even drive unless you can actually do more than make false comments saying "we are sorry to hear of this" then stop wasting my time I will do my best to make sure that everyone I know is aware of your practices and the condition of the vehicles you sell

Awful

Do not recommend at all, wish I'd seen these reviews before I bought because its all sounding very familiar.
My own latest mechanic also shook his head when I told him where it was from. 5 months in and been told the car should never have been sold to me as it is. Feel like the car i traded in was worth more than what I've been left with.

Hi Chloe, we are sorry to hear of your experience. So we can investigate further, could you please email us at customersupport@southsideautoauctions.com.au your full name and mobile number. Thanks SAA Customer Support

Treat them right and they will treat you right

Bought an Audi Q7. Mark was a great salesman. Talked to us, gave us space and followed up without any pressure. I even went off to do some homework on other vehicles but came back to Mark to finalise the deal. There were no problems with the paper work and everything went well.

Two months into the 3 month warranty period, I heard a rattle going over bumps. Took it to my mechanic just to make sure and found a problem which is a safety issue and should be covered by the warranty.

Rang Ravi who looks after warranties, explained the situation, he told me to bring it in. There was no questions asked, he took the keys and said maybe 2-3 days. He rang me 4 hours later and said it's done come pick it up.

I am impressed because I thought they would be like other car companies I have had similar dealings with over the years. They are not the same as others. They did talk to me and did honour the warranty.

I have read quite a few posts about unhappy customers. If you are within the warranty period and it's a genuine fault that is covered, they will fix it under warranty as they proved it with me. And I didn't do 5,000km during the warranty period either. I did a reasonable mileage.

Do the right thing and most times the right thing will be done back to you. In my case, they did the right thing.

Hi Tony, thanks for your honest review and for choosing Southside Auto Auctions. Remember, if you refer a friend or family member, and if they buy from us. You will receive $250. T&Cs Apply. Happy Motoring from all the team at Southside Auto Auctions.

Very disappointed

Brought a Holden Captiva from here had it for 6 weeks has been to mechanic 5 times and motor replaced, ruined my Christmas holiday. Getting a resolution and a good outcome hasn’t been successful yet poor communication and feeling like your just brushed aside. Only positive is [name removed] and the boys in the yard are awesome.

Hi Nicole, we are sorry to hear of your experience. So we can investigate further, could you please email us at customersupport@southsideautoauctions.com.au your full name and mobile number. Thanks SAA Customer Support

Rude staff and empty promises

My car has been nothing but problems. Keeps breaking down. And now just before Christmas on school.holidays . As a single mum I can't afford to fix a car every month or two months when the next thing breaks. Not happy with service. As I was promised service after.I bought the lemon!!! And the salesman.Will.just.hang up. On me. Or say he's busy and Will. Call back then never does. Thanks to them my kids have to stay home for the holidays as we have to cancel our plans because of an unreliable car and costs. Had the car less than 6 months and it's been faulty two or three weeks after purchase. Now I'm paying a loan for a car I can't even drive. Very upset over this. Terrible service.

Hi Jaq, we are sorry to hear of your experience. So we discuss further to make your experience 5 stars. Could you please contact us on 07 3841 1666, press 1 when prompted and ask for Tim or if wish to send through to your contact details to customersupport@southsideautoauctions.com.au - Thank you Southside Auto Auctions Customer Support.

Very poor service and never own up to there promises....

Very rude in keep you waiting for hours on end after you got told that they promise the best price and full tank and everything in between to get you to sign that so Called agreement to start getting your financed sorted.... afterwards they give you zero help and could never give you a dam in the world on what promises where kept stay clear please!!! Don't be fooled.

Hi Mike, we are sorry to hear of your experience. So we discuss further to make your experience 5 stars. Could you please contact us on 07 3841 1666, press 1 when prompted and ask for Tim or if wish to send through to your contact details to customersupport@southsideautoauctions.com.au - Thank you Southside Auto Auctions Customer Support.

Dream car at the right price

I found my dream car at a very low price. I had been looking at other caryards and found the salesman very pushy but the team at Southsides were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble even after they delivered my vehicle they were happy to answer questions I had regarding the extended warranty I had purchased. They have a huge range of vehicles and fantastic in house finance team. Highly recommended Southside auto auctions and will defiantly be coming to up grade in a few years.

Thank you for the 5 star review. Remember, if you refer a friend or family member to us. You will receive $250. T&Cs apply. We look forward to serving you again in the future when you decide to trade-in and upgrade. Thank you Southside Auto Auctions Customer Support.