2Spa World

Spa World Questions & Answers

Suzie S.
Suzie S.

Hi, just wondering how long does it take to heat up a vortex mercry spa?

Adam C.
Adam C.

I know the red light indicates a temperature below 5 degrees and also an issue with the spa, but what are the actual issues that could be wrong for the red light to appear.

julieannesevers
julieannesevers

Hi, I have purchased the Vortex Mercury spa and my electrician is wanting to know the electric specifications, for the right set up of 15amp plug.
Thanks Jullie

Kovácsné Hajdu C.
Kovácsné Hajdu C.

Hi, I have Vortex Spa SV3-vh. I set the Automatic Daily Sanitise Cycle to 9.00am, but it is not working, not start the cycle, why?

Linda
Linda

Hi ... I have set my Vortex spa on 24 hour clock. MODE is set to NORM. Sleep is set to begin 10PM & off at 11.50AM. FILT is set to 8HR & F.CYC is set to 4HR. I have set W.CLN to 13.10HR. My question is why W.CLN doesn't start at 13.10HR ?... the A filtration pump comes on (water running) but there is no other blower action. It used to do this and I think I have pushed a selection button by mistake... can you help please?...Linda

Isis

I purchased a swim spa. Can someone recommend a contractor to do the concrete site work? I was wishing to put it semi inground but I will be happy with any options.
I am in Doreen Vic.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

Hard to answer when your location isnt known. Consider HiPages and send rough idea of size and weight requirement or specs and site pic. Access?

Isis

Thanks for helping. Location is Doreen Vic.

Bonnie
Bonnie

I purchased a Vortex Nitro HP spa and it was delivered in March 2021. The spa has developed a horrible white mark at the water line that I cannot get off. It seems as though the colour has faded and some etching has appeared. I know that is not a calcium build up as I have tried getting it off with vinegar and it does not budge.... there are places where there is no marks or very little marks, but in the corners of the spa, they are terrible. The shell seems to be faulty to me. I have done everything right with the spa and this mark has appeared and has got worse. After owning the spa at around 3 months I went into spa world in Fyshwick to speak with the sales team and the gentleman said it seems unusual and that he wasn't sure what it could be. he asked how much chlorine I put in and if I dilute it, I told him I do dilute it and use it according to the instructions, ie 6-10 g every couple of days. Please help. This spa cost me $15000 and to end up in a three month period with a horrible white line just doesn't seem right.

Paul

They havent looked at it onsite as a warranty review? I would think that is what they should do. Put your claim in writing.

David Kelly
David Kelly

How did you go with this issue? I too have this line, and it’s shocking.

Allison
Allison

Hi we have a new aqua gym pro plus max. We are having trouble with water quality. What should we set filter (filt) to? What should we set filter cycle (filt cyc) to?

Don

Feeling disapointed as we finally got our mercury avante spa today but being a spa novist the after sales care is very disappointing, i feel spending this type of money spa world should have someone to go through the daily running and how to use it as its not very professional to be told look on youtube but no real help on our model.

Sharon T.
Sharon T.

Do you know what the white cap on the bottom is for please

Cordelia
Cordelia

What is the best number to call, & person to speak to, regarding problems with missing items - steps, starter kit & heat pump, not supplied by Spa World. We need to get it sorted asap.

Fired Up
Fired Up

The number listed in their website

Spa World   DM

Hi Cordelia, Please contact our customer support hub on 1300-895-902. Kind Regards,

Jeannie N.
Jeannie N.

We have a mercury spa how do we turn it off after each use

Charlene
Charlene

Jeannie I was told by Elaine not to turn the spa off instead to keep it running as it work out to be cheaper. All we do is reduce the water temperature.

Spa World   DM

Hi Jeannie, it is more economical to leave your spa running. Your spa has a pre set sleep timer set from 10pm - 7am. During this time, your spa will not engage in heating or filtration. The other option would be to put your spa into away mode when you are not using it. This means your spa will not heat and will only run 1 hour of filtration daily to prevent the water from becoming stagnant. If you need anymore advise please feel free to contact our customer support hub on 1300-895-902.

Kylee L.

Anybody out there with the aqualap Pro plus? We just purchased one but seem to be having a few issues getting the water balance correct. We are filtering the spa for 6 hours through the day and using the bioguard armour . I have read different things about dosages and running periods and a little confused.
Was concerned about running the filter for long periods and how much my electricity bill will rise?? Any ideas on what others are doing to maintain proper levels.
Kind regards, K

Leanne R.
Leanne R.

Hi Kylee, I am thinking of buying the same spa. How much has it increased your electricity bill and did you manage to get the water issue sorted?

HI Leanne,
Water all sorted and working well now, very easy to maintain. I dose the spa everyday .
I would say we haven't noticed much change in our power bill at all and we have it heating and running the pump from 7 to 4 daily....maybe 50c a day.

data
data

I am considering purchasing a spa from spa world. Could anyone tell me what the after sales service is like, the daily maintenance of the spa, weekly/monthly/yearly running costs please? Also have anyone had trouble with installation ie: Craning the spa in?

Brad

Dianne
Dianne

Hi aqua lap owners. I am very close to purchasing a swim spa though before i do i would like to know if there are any negaitive aspects in regards to: costly chemical usage, changing the water and time consuming?

Teresa
Teresa

Hi there.

I wouldn’t say the chemicals are expensive as you only need to use a small amount.

We put in about a cap full or 2 tbs per week.

The only down side was we found out we can only buy the chemicals for our spa online which was a bit of a hassle once we had run out.

You don’t need to change the water as stated in the book.

If anything you could probably replace or change the water yearly but as long as you keep your chemicals up the water is fine.

There are people that haven’t changed their water for their spa for about 4 years that I know of.

It’s a very easy product to look after if done right and takes little to no time at all for maintenance.

I hope this was helpful to you.

jimbojames

Small amount? Our instructions say use Bioguard Armour sanitiser every day. 6-10 grams per 1000L, which could be as much as 80 grams for an 8000L swim spa. An 800 gram bottle of this is over $40 on special, so that's potentially $4 a day in chemicals.

Kylee L.

Yes that's what I've been told . We have aqualap Pro plus so 8500 ltrs so everyday is going to run out quickly?? How long do you filter your swim spa?

G-rad
G-rad

Have people found that the pro (2 pumps) is enough flow for moderate swimmers?

Spa World   DM

Hi G-rad We think it is ample for a moderate swimmer! Feel free to call us on 1300-556-558 and book in a test swim at your local SpaWorld store!

We look forward to seeing you soon! Regards, The Team at SpaWorld

Lulu
Lulu

Signature swimspas are they good?

Spa World   DM

Hello Lulu, Spa World does not sell Signature Swim Spas. They are a direct competitor to the Vortex and Fisher brands that Spa World does sell so it would be inappropriate for me to comment on the quality of Signature Swim Spas. All spas and swim spa brands have differing features and build quality and each company has different levels of customer support. As an example, in the rare event that our customers have a technical issue, they can talk to a real person seven days a week in Spa World call centre. Additionally what makes a 'good swim spa' has a great deal to do with your personal needs and expectations, not only for the swim spa but the company that you are purchasing from. I would encourage you to visit one of our stores or call one of our friendly team members. Joanne is one of our most knowledgeable team members with swim spas: 0411 897 897. Joanne can help match you with the best swim spa for you. I would suggest that you read what Spa World customers say here on Product Reviews and also on TrustPilot: external link . Both are third-party review sites that have reviews from verified Spa World customers.

jimbojames

Just wondering how effective the heat pump is likely to be during Melbourne's winter months? Would a gas heater be a better option in this climate?

Spa World   DM

Hey Jimbojames, There are a few options and we are more than happy to discuss. So when you get a minute feel free to call 1300 939 294

jimbojames

Is there anyone other than a Spa World representative who has had a heat pump installed in a cool climate, that can offer some insight on their performance?

Daisy

Just wondering about electricity costs for a normal 4-5 person spa. Do you need a heat pump? Thanks

Spa World   DM

I'm happy to get a consultant to go thru this with you, since there are so many variables involved. You can give Joanne a call on 0411 897897

Ok thanks

wade
wade

We are looking at getting a swim spa but our main concern is the electricity cost of running a swim spa. I was wondering if any one could tell us, how much there electricity bill increased after getting a swime spa and if they ran it all the time? Thanks wade

George
George

Get an external heat pump

Set temperature at 32 degrees

Bill went up about $200 for 3 month's.

Spa World   DM

Hey Wade, As George replied, you MUST get a heat pump to make it run efficiently. Heat pumps can reduce the running costs by up to 73% - If you would like further information specific to your requirements then feel free to call Joanne on 0423 614 446. Have a great Day!

HAS11
HAS11

George is this $200 with the heat pump?

Get an answer from our members and Spa World representatives