Spaceship

Spaceship

See the Best Retail Superannuation Funds in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spaceship

• Insurance Options
  • Income Protection
  • Rates and Fees
Nail D.
Nail D.Australian Capital Territory

If you need help picking bad investments, choose Spaceship.

I put in $3000 at the lowest point during the pandemic, 2 years later I have lost about 40% of it. at the same time, I invested the same amount into a major bank and a national airline, making about 30%. There weren't management fees when I signed up, now they are taking $2.50p/m. I would be happy to pay if I was making some kind of profit.

Not too bad yet, maybe also too early to tell?

I believe in their long term strategy. Buying cheap is good right now, let's see what 7 years minimum brings for me (only just over a year for me at this stage). I like more about How much I know about investing thanks to their app. I have generally found their portfolio goes up and down as a mirror to market. Like I said I do also like buying units on the cheap as it's early days for me so not complaining, in for the long run.

Ashley G.
Ashley G.

Lost more than 15% of my super in 3 months

I’d heard great things about Spaceship so was excited to move 100% of my super over to them in Nov 2021. However, within 3 months I have now had 15% of my super wiped out, well below the average share loss in the beginning of 2022. Unfortunately I learned too late that “ASIC has banned former Spaceship Capital Limited director and CEO [Name Removed], of Elanora Heights, New South Wales, from providing financial services for a period of 6 years, after an ASIC investigation found he had dishonestly obtained his Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) qualification.” Source https://asic.gov.au I’ve now closed my account and moved it back to where I started, at a very hefty cost. I would avoid this company at all costs.

Ash
AshPerth, WA

If I can outperform a 'professional' fund...

Started investing with Spaceship about a year ago. In that time, my own share portfolio has grown substantially while my Spaceship investments have lost money. I'm no expert in finance and investing, but that's kind of the point - if with my limited knowledge, I can outperform a so-called professional fund, then frankly that fund doesn't deserve my cash. The monthly fees are small, however on top of losing me money, I really don't see the point. Have withdrawn from Spaceship and won't waste any cash on them again.

Ryan
RyanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No different to any other investing

Had my spaceship account going now for about 8 months and its performing worse than my first super account. Got the app because i was hoping it would be different than other super companies using more algorithms but it seems to just be the same. Old school investing knowledge on a newer platform. Nothing new here

James. T
James. TSydney, NSW

Sign up with promo code and get $10 into your account

The market has been facing a bit of instability at the moment but it appears to now be on the rise again. If you sign up with code [Content Removed] spaceship will credit your account with $10. You can take this out right away if you wish and leave it in and watch it grow.

Akashdeep S.
Akashdeep S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Was doing well. And something went horribly wrong!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Farid
Farid

Not suitable for micro investments

I chose Spaceship because they didn't have any fees for under 5K investments but they changed it very soon. Now I have lost %10 of my investment because of all negatives and on top of that they charge fees. I will take out my money and switch to a better performing app with lower fees as soon as market gets better.

Chrus
ChrusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

$10 Sign up Bonus!

Great app. Market has its ups and downs but it’s a long term investment to set and forget.
Start investing with Spaceship Voyager today! Get $10 in your account when you enter this code [Code Removed] within 14 days of signing up and invest at least $5 in your chosen portfolio within 90 days of signing up. T&Cs apply.

[Link Removed]

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

New fee structure is bad they are getting greedy and lowered the refer a friend from $10 to $5 not good.

I have been with them for 6 months was good until they added the monthly fees. fees will be $2.50 per month for everyone over $100; which, while you’d still break even on paper with over 25% year-on-year returns (even through the worst of the covid-19 pandemic), has caused a lot of smaller investors to knee-jerk and abandon ship, devaluing everyone else’s stock options.

Adam C.
Adam C.South East Queensland, QLD

It was awesome for the first two days

I’ve been with Spaceship for all of about two weeks. In that time I’ve lost 5% of my original investment, and it keeps slipping, largely due to the new fee structure.

As of 1st November, gone are the 0.1% over $5k days - fees will be $2.50 per month for everyone over $100; which, while you’d still break even on paper with over 25% year-on-year returns (even through the worst of the covid-19 pandemic), has caused a lot of smaller investors to knee-jerk and abandon ship, devaluing everyone else’s stock options.

It’s a beautiful app, and I personally love using the automated periodic transfer in feature as an alternative to a bank interest-based savings account. I hope it continues to do well, but we’ll see.

Rates and Fees
Jez27
Jez27MELBOURNE

Find performance great - service not so much.

Find performance is great. Unresponsive on all forms of communication - chat, phone even social media is slow. Like a 3 man operation. Good luck getting onto them. Send an email and just hope for the bests

jejesz c.
jejesz c.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inconvenience for tax

They never give you receipt for every investment you made. Tax report every quarter. This year, the tax report of this year will be sent around 27 July. But we need to submit all before august.
It’s better if you can give us tax report whenever we need it !

Insurance Options
Hayden
Hayden

Bad investment

Spaceship have been performing awful, I've been using them for a bit over a month and all they have done is lose money and I'm not talking a little, I'm about 1.4k down now.
A little known fact as well is that there is a 5 day delay in withdrawing money and you get the amount of money which is the lowest out of those 5 days.
Be careful, best not to use this platform at all.

love spaceship it's great!

As a first time and a beginner I started investing through spaceship i got Introduced by a friend of a friend I wanted to make some extra money on the side and since signing up I've enjoying using it and im very and happy and overwhelmed

Referal Code - [Code Removed]