Spaceship

Spaceship

See the Best Retail Superannuation Funds in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spaceship

• Insurance Options
  • Income Protection
  • Rates and Fees

Moon L.
Moon L.Victoria

Don't use it

Before investing, past year performance (during covid) is +25%. Within few months of investing a good sum, I lost half of my investment (post covid). If this still makes sense to you, good luck. I think I will have to pull my investments after 12 years still with a loss.

Do not touch Spaceship investment

I’ve been with spaceship since Aug 2021 have lost 45% of my investment. Buyer beware. I kept thinking- be patient give it time but I’ve lost increasingly in the past 3 mths and I don’t want to pay fees for that level of incompetency. You work to earn your money don’t throw it away with spaceship investments

Nail D.
Nail D.Australian Capital Territory

If you need help picking bad investments, choose Spaceship.

I put in $3000 at the lowest point during the pandemic, 2 years later I have lost about 40% of it. at the same time, I invested the same amount into a major bank and a national airline, making about 30%. There weren't management fees when I signed up, now they are taking $2.50p/m. I would be happy to pay if I was making some kind of profit.

Jay
Jay

Well that was a quick was to lose 40%

In a period of less than 12 months, I am down nearly 40%. Kind of makes you wonder why they call it a managed fund - when there is obviously zero management.

James
James

Financial mismanagement

Lost 40 per cent of my investment. Fees were introduced after I signed up, despite their no fee model for sub-$5k investments being a big part of their sales pitch.

Rates and Fees
Frustrated Customer
Frustrated Customer

Don't bother

I went with Spaceship Universe. Originally they offered no fees on balances under 5k. They introduced fees soon after I joined and, on top of that, they lost 30% of my investment over 6 months. The market is going through a turbulent time but I have other investments and none of them have lost this much.

Maria P
Maria PSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst decision ever

A friend recommended Spaceship. In a 6 month period I lost nearly 50% of my investment. I know the Stockmarket is down but other investments didn’t fair nearly as badly as they were managed to minimise loss. Spaceship just continued to spiral downwards month after month.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
randall h.
randall h.Sydney, NSW

Do NOT invest with Spaceship

As stated by other reviewers, the fund has plumeted in value in the last 5-7 months.
They've lost easily 20%, possibly as much as 30-40% of investor's funds.
The early returns (pre 2022) looked too good to be true, because they were.
Whoever is behind this fund clearly doesn't care about protecting their client's funds and should be investigated for financial mismanagement.

Not too bad yet, maybe also too early to tell?

I believe in their long term strategy. Buying cheap is good right now, let's see what 7 years minimum brings for me (only just over a year for me at this stage). I like more about How much I know about investing thanks to their app. I have generally found their portfolio goes up and down as a mirror to market. Like I said I do also like buying units on the cheap as it's early days for me so not complaining, in for the long run.

Phil A.
Phil A.Canberra 2600, ACT

Not a managed investment fund

Spaceship voyager has plummeted in value losing almost 50% over the last 6 months (Nov 2021 - Apr 2022). Whilst most funds are managed with strategies to minimise losses in the event of stock crashes, it soars that voyager did not. No changes have been made at any time during the stock crash. During the same period, Raiz has pivoted to minimise losses to only around 6%. I would not recommend this fund to anyone who value their money.

Don't bother.

Made an initial investment 6 months ago and has had nothing but a downwards trend since.. Fees come out and balance keeps trending down.. If you were to put your super in with these apparent experts it's unlikely you will have a balance at retirement.. hopefully they can turn it around..

Rates and Fees
rcerra
rcerraSouth East Queensland, QLD

thanks for your reviews

thank you to all of you out there. I was going to recommend them, but stopped short and decided to do a bit of research. I have asked my son to be careful of any apps where you cant go in and speak to someone and read reviews before you commit to anything

Very poor stocks

Very disappointed in their stocks and their attitude of changing things without telling as an down about$120.00 in 2022 and not making any ground need to pick up they are game

Very poor Stock selection

Very disappointed. Some of the selections of stock as wee r haemorrhage money .and not make up any ground Need set down and take good look at the stock . If the want two keep customers need two improve so put up u socks ... don’t disc up rubbish stock

Ashley G.
Ashley G.

Lost more than 15% of my super in 3 months

I’d heard great things about Spaceship so was excited to move 100% of my super over to them in Nov 2021. However, within 3 months I have now had 15% of my super wiped out, well below the average share loss in the beginning of 2022. Unfortunately I learned too late that “ASIC has banned former Spaceship Capital Limited director and CEO [Name Removed], of Elanora Heights, New South Wales, from providing financial services for a period of 6 years, after an ASIC investigation found he had dishonestly obtained his Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) qualification.” Source https://asic.gov.au I’ve now closed my account and moved it back to where I started, at a very hefty cost. I would avoid this company at all costs.