MPNs: SP-1005G, SP-1005P, SP-1005T and SP1000-SP
Listing monitored by Spacetalk

• Battery Life

Esma Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Love the concept. Didn’t live up to expectations.

I love the concept of the SpaceTalk watch. I love the fact that I can ring my son (9 year old) anytime he is out and about. Easy for all to use. SpaceTalk service and customer care really good. However, very flimsy product. Not a sturdy product. Not long lasting. I have only had for 6 months and have had it repaired once only to notice the plastic is split again. Not water proof at all. Which doesn’t help if your kid runs around and sweats a lot. Upon repair they found water internal which can only be moisture from sweat as never touched water. I am now looking for a replacement in another brand as this product targets kids but is not made for the rough and tumble of active kids. Great concept and service. Not a great product.

Purchased in December 2020 for $240.00.

Natalie McLennanPeel, WA

Bought for our 10 year old

Having alot of charging & connection problems. Band has come apart twice. Our son said it's bulky & he doesn't like the old style messaging. Calls are echoing, only had 2 months ☹️

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $349.00.

Natalie McLennan

Hi Mia, thank you we have taken back to JB Hi-fi. We will go back to sort out an exchange.

Rebecca caruana
Rebecca caruana Illawarra, NSW

The battery doesn’t last long at all

The battery is bad charge all night it’s lucky to last two hours . Defeats the purpose of being able to contact my son when his at a sleepover or out playing

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $250.00.

DSmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

hidden charges

I, like Gregory C, feel it is poor form to sell an expensive watch and then be required to pay on going subscription fee, in addition to the SIM card costs.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

LucyLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed - needs to be completely waterproof

We brought this watch for our 9 years old birthday. It was great!... For about 2 weeks. My daughter momentarily wore it in the shower - bad move. It stopped working, and upon sending it back to repair they could not save it. $230 down the drain. Crazy they would make them so UN waterproof - I knew when we brought it it was not waterproof, but its not even splash proof. We were offered a refurbished one for $150.. and that's it.. Not worth it.

Purchased in November 2020 for $229.00.

LucyL

Cut and paste replies don’t win many points either.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
EmmaSydney

Misleading

Like other users, I found the device to be very limited in its functions but worst of all was the fact they do not mention you must sign up to additional plan for the thing to work properly. You would think at $300+ that would be covered in the cost of the purchase, but it's not apparently. I could not recommend it to others. Spend a bit more and get an Apple watch.

Battery Life
Lina
LinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible battery life

My little one got the watch as a birthday gift from the grandparents but the battery life is terrible. Can’t even last a full day with very limited talking time. Disappointed given the price!

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Angela M.
Angela M.South East Queensland, QLD

After Vivofit Jr, I was underwhelmed

Purchased in November 2020 at Officeworks Online store for $299.00.

Emma

Poor battery, watch band broke

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

Karina G.
Karina G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great idea but....

I really liked this watch for my 9 year old son. However the battery life doesn’t even make it through a school day and my son has to turn it off during the day so he can perhaps make a text or receive a call from me at the end of the day. Not worth the money.

Purchased in December 2019 for $299.00.

Fan G.
Fan G.

Several Design Improvements Needed

Jodie
JodieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Hardware failure despite careful use

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

MeegsCanberra 2600, ACT

Disappointed

6 months old and a large crack appeared. Limited functionality... texting unintuitive... expensive and not durable considering it’s a kids product if this is not covered under warranty - steer clear.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Space talk watch battery life

Battery life is poor !! Runs out of charge daily ! Stick to a mobile phone save your money.
The watch once runs out seems to also lose all history that was saved .

Purchased in January 2020.

Asmir
AsmirGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exploiting Buyers

Bought just last night .total disappointment.This product doesn't mention anywhere that all the feature will only work on the monthly fee of $5.99 to be able to stay connected with your kid.Totally deceived by their marketing gimmick and i wish i can return the product immediately as running cost is quilte a lot compare to what it offers....

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $319.00.

Mel
Melasked

Just bought spacetalk adventurer. My boy can't hear people he's talking to. It's muffled and faint. I have turned up the volume while in call to high and no change. On the flip side I can hear him loud and clear on my phone
Mel

Hi Mel,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. If you have checked that nothing is covering the speaker port and this issue is persisting, please contact our support team on 1300 087 423 or email support@spacetalkwatch.com

- Spacetalk Team

paremusic
paremusicasked

Hi,
My sons Spacetalk watch has some randomn woman on his voicemail as the asnwering machine. Also his watch never ever rings it goes straight to this voicemail. I cant find where o change it! It was brought brand new instore at officeworks

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you are experiencing issues with calling going to voicemail, then I would recommend contacting your SIM provider to enquire about this. We are also happy to go through some troubleshooting with you to help resolve this issue. You can contact us via our email support@spacetalkwatch.com or via our phone number 1300 087 423 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST).

Kind Regards,
Maddi

Bianca H.
Bianca H.asked

My sons spacetalk adventurer has come off the charger with a green screen ? Anyone know what this is ? I’ve done a soft reset with no luck

Hi Bianca,

I'm sorry to heart that this has happened to your watch. Could you please contact our support team so they can assist with a resolution for you? Their number is 1300 087 423 or email support@spacetalkwatch.com

- Elke

Get an answer from our members and Spacetalk representatives

CategorySmart Watches / Fitness Trackers