Listing monitored by Specsavers

1.7
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (16)
Ian21
Ian21Perth, WA

Very poor customer service

Products are fine
Prices are fine
Delivery is very slow and the after sales help is very poor. I have no follow up after several contacts via email phone and facebook

running_commentary
running_commentarySydney, NSW

Once you've set up your automatic order, talking to a human is impossible

I have had an automated order with specsavers for a long time, but the minute you try to cancel via phone or online form, they make it damn near impossible. They put you through the 'select this' routine on the phone and then just cut you off. No one responds to online forms except the autoresponder. Charming!

kerry
kerryGippsland, VIC

pathetic

wonthagi spec savers are uselees do not use this place very infcompetent staff have school students doing and operating eye testing machines which a qualiied optometrist should do do not go thare they are very incompetent

princeluigi
princeluigiSydney, NSW

Worse service ever

Put an order through and been trying to talk to them for 2 days. Their phone service has some technical difficulties. Totally unacceptable. Pay a little more and go somewhere else. Their customer service is frustrating.

Disappointed
DisappointedVictoria

Very disappointed with SpecSavers

Alan K
Alan KIllawarra, NSW

Specsavers Online - Anti-Customer Service Defined, IMHO

Doreenrunner
DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Can not even order glasses with specsavers

Could not order glasses I wanted online as prescription could not be used, even the prescription is from a specsavers store!
Quality of lenses is low and they scratch so easy even keeping them in face or in the box! But I guess they want you to spend money in glasses every year no? But if you like a frame will not be able to get same next time as most of glasses are just batch imports.
I think will be taking business somewhere else with family as specsavers is not really holding the quality of the glasses for the big prices they charge on lens options...

Sore Neck
Sore NeckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never any Problems

For the first time I placed an phone order from a different Specsavers after choosing frames online and trying them on virtually. I emailed the prescription. This was one of 2 Melbourne stores with my desired frames. They fit beautifully. No need to have them fitted instore. I have bought specs from my local Specsavers for the last 8 years. I have had single lenses, multifocal, transitional and tinted. Never any problems. Very happy.

Alan Y
Alan Y

Never mind the quality, feel the width!

I have purchased my last 4 pairs of glasses from this shop. I lost a plastic bridge pad on my last pair so went back to have it fixed. "We don't have those here, there are two other places (optometrists) that way and one the other way"! Went to OPSM and they repaired them for free - Please take note Specsavers, this is the way to treat your customers!!!

Zoe
ZoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great online shopping experience

I had a great online shopping experience with Specsavers: places my order on Wednesday around noon and got it delivered on Friday at 11 am. Navigation on website is user-friendly. Thank you!

Rhys
RhysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They'll take your money for products unavailable, but won't let you cancel

Specsavers online ordering, they'll let you order and make you wait 2-3 weeks. They simply don't tell you products are out of stock. They claim to have some tiny small print hidden in their terms and conditions. Once you order they say they can't cancel an order. You call up and get told the same, even though the products are out of stock and backorder from Germany. So they are dropshippers, easy to see why I should have used my normal website, but was drawn in with a 10% discount, never again.

Why can't they cancel orders that haven't even been fulfilled yet?

Never again.

Awful customer service - don't purchase with them!!!

unhappy jan
unhappy janMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

website offline cannot reorder contact lenses

Specsavers have been totally hopeless trying to deal with reordering my contact lenses. Their website has been unable to process my purchase for nearly a week due to a technical issue. Phone contact with their customer service indicates they are aware of the problem but cannot advise when it will be fixed. No workaround options to make my purchase, except instore purchase at different pricing.....recommend visiondirect.uk as an alternative reliable online supplier.

Do not order - falsely claimed item was in stock

I have placed an order for contact lenses and the website did not advise they were out of stock.
2 weeks later I have followed up on my order to be told they are coming from overseas and they have no ETA.
Given that these are prescription lenses there should be notification on the website of stock levels.
Had this of been the case I would have ordered elsewhere as I am now left with lenses.

They would not offer a refund either. I will be going to OFT for a refund.

Leanne
Leanne

I am left without lenses the above should say.

Wont be back!

Poor quality frames and lenses - thats why they are cheap. Will not be purchasing any products from there again. Staff could not answer my questions about the lenses - they just shrugged and said didnt know the answer and Id have to contact the lab. Useless!

lorraine1
lorraine1asked
Specsavers Online

I have lost the arm to a pair of Carla Zampatti sunglasses. It was broken , the screw came out and it fell off in the street.
I notice specsavers are still selling styles with the same arm. Is it possible to just buy a replacement arm?

Makayla R.

if you take it into store a lot of the time they can replace the arm free of charge but it depends on the extent of the damage

Kevin Price
Kevin Priceasked
Specsavers Online

How much is it for an eye test and a reasonable pair of prescription glasses for some one 60 years old

BARB s
BARB s

will specsavers answer please second comment no response

Makayla R.

Eye test is fully covered by medicare but if you are private it’s usually around $70. In regards to price it would depend on whether you are single vision or multifocal and if you want any other lense coatings like superclean or thinning etc.

Bfall
Bfallasked
Specsavers Online

I have had 2 eye tests done 3 month's apart 1 with Specsavers and 1 with another opticians
They are quite different in results which leaves me wondering who's scrip to use??

Kath.
Kath.

I was very unimpressed with Castle Towers Specsavers. The manager seemed professional & helpful when I approached him, but the staff member who was meant to advise me, was completely dismissive. We have been with OPSM for 20 years & had hoped Specsavers might be a little less costly - so I tried them. To no avail - a very disappointing experience, due to staff disinterest!

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers