Listing monitored by Specsavers

1.5

SPI
SPISydney, NSW

The frames are from the 70s worthless they are like fishing weights extremely misleading they look good in the photos

Don't waste your money it's all garbage the frames are worthless the lenses are extremely thick after getting the best you will find them 60-70% less at any shop you end up losing money and then you have to try to send them back after waiting for 10 days

Ian21
Ian21Perth, WA

Very poor customer service

Products are fine
Prices are fine
Delivery is very slow and the after sales help is very poor. I have no follow up after several contacts via email phone and facebook

running_commentary
running_commentarySydney, NSW

Once you've set up your automatic order, talking to a human is impossible

I have had an automated order with specsavers for a long time, but the minute you try to cancel via phone or online form, they make it damn near impossible. They put you through the 'select this' routine on the phone and then just cut you off. No one responds to online forms except the autoresponder. Charming!

Carpi
CarpiPerth, WA

Useless

It was not easy.
This is the worst sight to order online I have ever experienced.
I had hassles last time too but managed to get thru it not to mention the hassle I had with getting my health fund to pay.
This time even more useless to order on line.
Until they improve this I will be ordering in store.

Jennifer s.
Jennifer s.Sydney, NSW

Buying Contact lens

Ordered lenses got an email after 2 weeks saying my order was delayed indefinitely- refused to refund until it was shipped date unknown... I called my bank to contest this fee which my bank was happy do given the circumstances (would recommend doing the same)

kerry
kerryGippsland, VIC

pathetic

wonthagi spec savers are uselees do not use this place very infcompetent staff have school students doing and operating eye testing machines which a qualiied optometrist should do do not go thare they are very incompetent

princeluigi
princeluigiSydney, NSW

Worse service ever

Put an order through and been trying to talk to them for 2 days. Their phone service has some technical difficulties. Totally unacceptable. Pay a little more and go somewhere else. Their customer service is frustrating.

Disappointed
DisappointedVictoria

Very disappointed with SpecSavers

Alan Y
Alan Y

Never mind the quality, feel the width!

I have purchased my last 4 pairs of glasses from this shop. I lost a plastic bridge pad on my last pair so went back to have it fixed. "We don't have those here, there are two other places (optometrists) that way and one the other way"! Went to OPSM and they repaired them for free - Please take note Specsavers, this is the way to treat your customers!!!

Rhys
RhysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They'll take your money for products unavailable, but won't let you cancel

Specsavers online ordering, they'll let you order and make you wait 2-3 weeks. They simply don't tell you products are out of stock. They claim to have some tiny small print hidden in their terms and conditions. Once you order they say they can't cancel an order. You call up and get told the same, even though the products are out of stock and backorder from Germany. So they are dropshippers, easy to see why I should have used my normal website, but was drawn in with a 10% discount, never again.

Why can't they cancel orders that haven't even been fulfilled yet?

Never again.

Dorothy
Dorothy

Bad Customer Service; not interested in fixing problems

Not recommended. Got my online contact lenses wrong but took ages to agree to fix it. Staff are dis-interested, took many days to revert and drip feed information, lots of back and forth communication. Inefficient

Awful customer service - don't purchase with them!!!

Never received my order

I ordered some contacts on Specsavers online shop. At this time, they informed me that the usual delivery time could be a bit more important because of the pandemic.
After 15 days, while the random time is 2 to 5 days, my order didn't even leave and I still don't have any tracking number.
When I asked the customer service some informations, they just sent me an email like they probably did to hundreds of people.
My most horrible experience ordering online ever.

unhappy jan
unhappy janMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

website offline cannot reorder contact lenses

Specsavers have been totally hopeless trying to deal with reordering my contact lenses. Their website has been unable to process my purchase for nearly a week due to a technical issue. Phone contact with their customer service indicates they are aware of the problem but cannot advise when it will be fixed. No workaround options to make my purchase, except instore purchase at different pricing.....recommend visiondirect.uk as an alternative reliable online supplier.

Do not order - falsely claimed item was in stock

I have placed an order for contact lenses and the website did not advise they were out of stock.
2 weeks later I have followed up on my order to be told they are coming from overseas and they have no ETA.
Given that these are prescription lenses there should be notification on the website of stock levels.
Had this of been the case I would have ordered elsewhere as I am now left with lenses.

They would not offer a refund either. I will be going to OFT for a refund.

Leanne
Leanne

I am left without lenses the above should say.

lorraine1
lorraine1asked
Specsavers Online

I have lost the arm to a pair of Carla Zampatti sunglasses. It was broken , the screw came out and it fell off in the street.
I notice specsavers are still selling styles with the same arm. Is it possible to just buy a replacement arm?

Makayla R.

if you take it into store a lot of the time they can replace the arm free of charge but it depends on the extent of the damage

Kevin Price
Kevin Priceasked
Specsavers Online

How much is it for an eye test and a reasonable pair of prescription glasses for some one 60 years old

BARB s
BARB s

will specsavers answer please second comment no response

Makayla R.

Eye test is fully covered by medicare but if you are private it’s usually around $70. In regards to price it would depend on whether you are single vision or multifocal and if you want any other lense coatings like superclean or thinning etc.

Bfall
Bfallasked
Specsavers Online

I have had 2 eye tests done 3 month's apart 1 with Specsavers and 1 with another opticians
They are quite different in results which leaves me wondering who's scrip to use??

Kath.
Kath.

I was very unimpressed with Castle Towers Specsavers. The manager seemed professional & helpful when I approached him, but the staff member who was meant to advise me, was completely dismissive. We have been with OPSM for 20 years & had hoped Specsavers might be a little less costly - so I tried them. To no avail - a very disappointing experience, due to staff disinterest!

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers