Specsavers Retail Stores Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

Lyn E.
Lyn E.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I just went into the Burwood Westfield Specsavers store in Sydney to get my eyes tested and choose some frames frames today (12/05/2019) to be told that I must pay the full amount upfront in advance before they would place the order, normally I would pay for new glasses when took receipt of them and I find this very unusual. I have transacted with Specsavers, BUPA Optical and others before & this the first I have ever experienced this demand. My question to Specsavers is this your normal policy?

Anon
Anonasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I recently visited a Specsavers branch in Parramatta. I was told I can not refund a pair of glasses at all despite having refunded a pair of glasses in 2017 at a different branch. I referred to your legal policies for Australia and it states: "Specsavers will offer to repair or replace the products or issue you with a full refund." Under the 'no worries, no fuss' satisfaction guarantee, wouldn't I still have the ability to return my glasses if I am not fully satisfied within the 3 month period?

Seamus
Seamus

I had no problem but try another store/branch or maybe the reason is different to mine. Mine just did not work well and they (Wollongong branch went to lots of trouble to find out what went wrong and fix it quickly and at no cost.I did not ask for a refund rather to get the problems solved.

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

I had the same experience at Met Centre store in Sydney. Had bought glasses there for years, this time wasn't happy and wanted them remade. Optometrist dragged me into a room and read the riot act to me and said they'd remake ONE pair only and to go away and think about it. Jerk.

Caroline
Carolineasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

Hi, I got my new single vision glasses a few days ago but i have trouble adapting to them. I was initially wearing multifocal lenses but switch to single lenses as i felt my long sightedness has improved. However it clearly hasnt, am i able to get my eyes re-tested to get a multifocal glasses with the same frame. also, will it cost me anything.

Sue Brown
Sue Brown

If you complain you may have your file closed, that’s how Specsavers dealt with my complaint.

Makayla R.
Makayla R.

You can get your eyes retested for sure. In regards to switching back to multi focals, it may cost you because it wasn’t a manufacturing mistake. Sue brown would have had her file closed because she was being rude, unreasonable or threatening. If you have an issue with your sight, they will
help sort it out however i will say the optometrist should have advised against single vision if your vision still needed multifocals.

BARB s
BARB sasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

Is it the policy of all specsavers stores to use customers information from optometrist files and transfer this information to the new audiology service without the customers consent?? This is a breach of confidentiality and telling people that they were going to have a hearing assessment seems to be bullying. Elderly people only are targeted for this treatment. I was not informed when I rang to book in for an eye test that I was automatically booked in for a hearing test, I was NEVER asked just told "now you will have a hearing test". These two services should require separate confidential patient files. Also at specsavers Castle Towers the hearing assessment cubicle is so small the door does not close. Hearing tests should be conducted in a sound proof room. The Audiologists office was made by halving the Optometrists room. I was supposed to have an eye test in a tiny room! Is this best practice and what happened to health and safety regulations?

Jaz c.
Jaz c.

How much is it to get glasses frame fixed

Specsavers
Kim G.Specsavers

Hi Barb,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for the feedback regarding your experience in our Castle Towers store .

Firstly, as a valued Specsavers customer, I want to reassure that your optical customer information is not shared with our audiology business.

Approximately one in six Australians suffer from hearing loss, and it's one third of people over the age of 65 years. In Australia alone this equates to over 4 million individuals with hearing loss. People with hearing loss can greatly benefit from early identification, use of hearing aids, and other assistive devices.

Part of the Specsavers strategy for audiology in Australia is to make the services more accessible and affordable to the general public. Screening is therefore offered in our stores to all customers over the age of 40 years to both raise awareness of the service and to support early identification of hearing loss.

It is, of course, every customer's right to choose not to do the screening and apologies if you were made to feel that it was mandatory. I'll have a chat with the store and ensure no-one feels pressured into having this test but we've found that the majority of customers are keen to go ahead and get an indication of their level of hearing, and whether or not any hearing loss is present.

The hearing screener is designed to cope with ambient background noise, and the results are adjusted accordingly. It is not a diagnostic test but is indicative of the potential presence of hearing loss. If customers do have any concerns about their hearing, we encourage them to make a free 15-minute Hearing Check appointment with our audiology professional to discuss their concerns.

With regards to the test room, whilst they can appear to be compact, there are no compromises made with regards to testing either your sight or hearing. Every consultation room for audiology not only has a sound-proof booth but is also sound treated as a whole, far above the required standards published by the Department of Health.

Specsavers has a passion for delivering the very best value eyecare and hearing care, providing improved quality of life for thousands of customers every day. We would be delighted to continue looking after your eye and ear needs long into the future.

Tristan N.
Tristan N.

Why reference China as a comparison to Australia?

Kevin Price
Kevin Priceasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

How much is it for an eye test and a reasonable pair of prescription glasses for some one 60 years old

Specsavers
Kim G.Specsavers

Hi Kevin,

Specsavers bulk bill all eye tests when you present a valid Medicare card. Glasses start from $39 with single vision lenses (eg reading glasses) and our 241 offer starts from $149, inclusive of single vision lenses. Bifocals (for distance and reading) start from an additional $100 and multifocals (for distance, computer and reading) start from an additional $150. In order to get an accurate idea on cost, other factors will need to be considered, such as your prescription, lifestyle and specific visual requirements. If you go into your local store, a team member will be able to discuss the options in more detail with you and provide you with a quote.

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers