Listing monitored by Specsavers

1.4
  • Return Claim MadeYes (56) · No

Terrible quality

Poorly finished lenses. At pickup at Forrest Hill I rejected as lenses were poorly finished. These were semi frameless frames and need to be finished. They went back to have edges polished and thinner lenses fitted. Picking up the second time same thing poorly finished still had ribs where they sit in framed glasses. The lenses were the same thickness. Waste of time I only wanted one pair of quality made glasses but they insist on 2 pairs of crap.

Store LocationForrest Hill VIC

Terrible service and quality

Store LocationCloisters, Perth
TruBlu
TruBluAU

Getting worse and won’t accept product is unfit for purpose

Within days the arm broke. I’ve never broken a frames arm and I know they weren’t unduly forced. I paid for a second frame because they would not accept fault and the replacement broke in the SAME place. I can’t get them to even return my calls or accept any responsibility for frames that are unfit for purpose.

I have also noticed these are the only glasses I’ve owned that seem to get a milky coating very easily, constantly trying to clean them.

They just point the finger at me as if I’ve never owned glasses before. I’m wearing $2 glasses from a discount store and some I’ve had for years. I have glasses here I’ve had for over 10 years and never have I broken glasses, but these last frames are apparently all my fault. Never again.

Store LocationHelensvale QLD

Find out how Specsavers Retail Stores compares to other Optical Retailers

Be prepared to be treated with utter disrespect

After spending $1100 on new specs and prescription sunglasses for me and my partner. They got my multi focal prescription wrong but wouldn’t take any accountability for it.
I couldn’t see my computer screen at all yet I was told there was no mistake and I had to get used to it. In the end I had a second test by a rude witch who told me I would be better having them changed to just reading prescription as I wasn’t prepared to persevere with the originals. I am looking to have a full refund now as they have treated me terribly.

Store LocationAltona Meadows
streetssux
streetssuxVictoria

Poor customer service and follow up

Store LocationBerwick, Victoria
Lynda H
Lynda HPeel, WA

Crazed lenses, they honoured their guarantee

Store LocationMandurah Forum WA
bob
bobSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 for one new glasses

one bifocals and one sunny s 3 weeks later and come pick up your glasses sir.
bifocals great, sunnys out of focus and I would have to wear them in?oh OK I said so 1 week later still no good so we will adjust the frame ,give that a go so 1 week later we told you you have to get used to the glasses??all in all 6 people saw me and only one offered me a pair like the bifocals which were perfect.
got new pair back 3 weeks later and were perfect so was the glasses fault in the beginning ,made me feel like a old winger and it was my fault all along, and after all this I get text that my new glasses are ready to pick ,what a joke

Store Locationhelensvale gold coast

Poor example of customer service

Store LocationJoondalup
Manfa
ManfaIllawarra, NSW

Untrained sales staff masquerading as opticians

Store LocationMittagong

Ramanan
RamananSydney, NSW

Health Fund Scammer

Spec Saver ordered glasses without me at the store and not even speaking with me. Two pair of glasses I got which is exactly same as last year. Now they refuse to refund to my health fund saying they cannot do. Since I got them without anything out of pocket I have to keep quite. This happened last year because I didn't take photo of what I chose I kept quiet. This year is outrageous.

Store LocationSeven Hills NSW 2147

Store LocationCharlestown Specsavers
Dicko
DickoCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unprofessional Service

Waurnponds victoria went in to get my sunglasses fixed AGAIN !!! Slow service ringing around to check if there their glasses what the !!! Unprofessional to say the least anyway manager sorted it out eventually

Store LocationWaurnponds Victoria
MarkMelbourne
MarkMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

“It’s normal for the screws to fall out” – Eastland, Vic Specsavers staff.

Kept returning as the arms fell off, noticed they jammed the wrong size screw in the hole to try and repair and on complaining? Staff told us "customers come in all day every day with this issue" and we should use "nailpolish at home" to fix their faulty product.

As glasses were one month out of warranty, they refused to do anything further. As did the store manager in response to a written complaint.

You get what you pay for - and that will be the lowest of quality and support at Specsavers.

Store LocationRingwood, Vic
Andrew G.
Andrew G.Kimberley, WA

Goodbye Specsavers.

I have spent several $1000s but they wouldn't replace frames that fell apart, claiming I must have been too rough.

Store LocationDog Swamp WA
JayJ
JayJAdelaide

Glasses terrible although service was OK

Store LocationMarion East SA

Jillj
Jilljasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I have had a pair of glasses for two months. I knew the script was incorrect as I had double vision in one eye. I went back a second time and I was told the script was correct. At 73, I stopped driving, and stairs became tricky. It was suggested that I may have had a mini stroke (as I had fallen). A brain scan proved otherwise. I saw a recommended private optometrist and my new glasses are perfect for distance, TV and reading. The prescription was quite different to the one prescribed by Spedsavers. They are not multifocal as I was prescribed at Specsavers. My question is - can I get a reimbursement from Specsavers?

Just me
Just me

Hi jillj
I don't work for specsavers
This is a question u would have to ask the store manager. I suggest giving them a call. Best of luck

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

See all Specsavers Retail Stores questions

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers