Specsavers Retail Stores

Specsavers Retail Stores (page 2 of 19)

Listing monitored by Specsavers

Discount

Hi, while I was extremely happy with the service & product from Specsavers Burnie, I was disappointed to see an add on the TV of 50% discount posted only days after I ordered & payed for products.
Next time I will shop around rather that go direct to specsavers as I believe they should have advised me of the up comming sales promotion

Specsavers Optometrists & Audiology - Brisbane CBD East Excellent service

I had a contact lense mishap this morning on the bus to work and Neil and the team rescued me and gave me a spare. Thank you! Great service!!

lesley s.
lesley s.Perth, WA

Great Service

Julley & Luke looked after me today at Riverton Specsavers. They were both VERY patient while I took forever to choose my new glasses. Very efficient & professional. Lots of styles to choose from & the staff are happy to help. Would definately recommend this specsavers

Terrible service and quality

Saurav S.
Saurav S.Sydney, NSW

Great store and people !

Customer service is awesome and had my glass frames fixed quickly by Jason who was very polite and helpful in no time. Thanks !

Pushy sales strategy!

TSam
TSamNARRE WARREN

It is a Disaster with my glasses

I bought a pair of High end glasses as per their ratings by paying $399 for a pair. It wasn't even 3months passed by. This morning one arm of the glasses came off. I cant find the screw. it is impossible to see a screw without the glasses as it fts into a tiny hole.
Imagine having a low end pair of glasses. I am very disappointed with this product.

honest57
honest57sydney

do not use them - deceiving advertising

all discounts and specials come with so many conditions attached which in the end, a pair of glasses was going to cost me $500, as they were forcing me to get premium lenses instead of standard if I also wanted thinner lenses. All their marketing does not tell you upfront and transparently what the plethora of conditions they improse. I wasted my time with these people, I will never come back. Do not recommend

Glenny
Glenny

I will never go back to Specsavers

Mark
MarkHobart, TAS

Not recommended

Fiona
FionaSydney

Terrible

I bought 2 pairs of multifocal glasses for $900! Got pressured into buying them and to to cut the story short, one pair is so cheaply made that the lense has fallen out. I’ve emailed customer service twice and no reply. It’s been 2 weeks now!! My last report will be fair trading??!!???

Specsavers - Broadmeadows Store. Customer Beware!

Shaz
ShazWestern District, VIC

Biggest waste of money!

Over $500+ wasted! Bought 2 pair of prescription eye glasses from Specsavers for $339...have gone back to using my $20 chemist eye glasses. Bought a pair of sunglasses from Specsavers for $175....which had no glare protection, so I then went and bought a pair of $20 Polaroid sunglasses from the chemist which work beautifully!

Anne B.
Anne B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trying to upsell

Booked into an appointment today. Unfortunately the young woman trying to confuse me with her upsell tactics, forced me to walk out. Why do they do this? When I go to other opticians, they don't have x5 levels of multifocal lenses, each $100 more as they go up. Might seem cheap. But you get what you pay for. Also the frames are cheap and nasty.

Kath
KathHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting

Sue
SueWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Specsavers I am disappointed

Specsavers unfortunately my prescription glasses are too magnified, I am nearly blind when I take them off. They are too heavy and they keep sliding off my face, the fames are too large for my face. I get sore, strained eyes. Back to my old glasses..going back on Tuesday and hoping they will get it rignt. has anyone else had this issue?

Kayezzz
KayezzzPerth, WA

Questionable hearing test...

Wendy P.
Wendy P.South East Queensland, QLD

Ignorant optm

Informed otom did not want multi focus glasses it keep on pushing them hard finally agreed to try after constant insisting by atom tried its not the way I use glasses hated it could not see a thing took back got $225 back must have been a ingorgant push for them to make money at currimundi store will change for me but I hope its to reading glasses as no one asked what they should be if not right they will have to do again could have saved all this by listening to me the customer not good sales people there just will do what they want

Deaf ears
Deaf earsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Questionable hearing test

I went in for an eye test but also received a complimentary hearing test. While doing my test I had an extremely loud Specsavers staff member talking to an equally loud customer right outside my test room door. For a few good minutes I could not hear anything of the test but only the loud talkers. Was told I had significant hearing lost.....under poor test environment???? Specsavers stick to glasses Only please

Store LocationForest Hill Victoria
Scottie
ScottieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Late...No apology

20 min after appointment time finally got seen....No Apology, even after I said, that keeping me waiting was rude...still no apology Wait it did not stop there From the time I arrived 5 min early till i left 1 hour later I had still not been seen by anyone to order my glasses. I don't know if it was just Chirnside or other Specsavers but that is not acceptable

H Smith
H SmithSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Overpriced products

I am a small person and require petite frames. As I was unable to find a suitable sized product I took an old frame in to have new lenses applied. I could purchase a new frame and the exact same lense for $299, however the cost for lenses only was $715. Now I did expect some price compensation for not purchasing the lens, but not the actual gouging going on. Needless to say I did not purchase from Specsavers.

Lisa
Lisa

Customer service atrocious at Frankston

Today I went in to get my eyes tested at Frankston Specsavers. This is the first time I have needed to get tested and did need glasses. I was left to wander the store with no clue of what suited etc, no staff offered to assist in any way. It was daunting and overwhelming! I had to send photos to my wife and hope she could make a judgment call just from a photo. This is the worse I have been treated by anyone in customer service!!

alferg
alferg

Always friendly, professional & helpful

I've always bought my glasses from Specsavers, & have found them friendly & very professional. I have had lenses pop out & various problems just from general use, & every time I have taken them to my local SpecSaver shop (Indooroopilly) they have fixed them on the spot!

Hearing test is a scam.

I was given a hearing test while in the store. I had not asked for one. The door was left open and the store was noisy. The earphones were not noise-cancelling. The store noise was a significant distraction. I was told it wasn't. When I had completed the test I was shown a graph of my left and right ear, and a summary below which said 'significant hearing loss'. There was not indicator of good hearing. There was no explanation of the parameters used to make the assessment. I do not believe this was a valid test. My hearing has not changed and is excellent. Is this a ploy to break into another market because online prescription companies are undercutting specsavers? Didn't work on me.

Gardyloo
Gardyloo

Appalling wait for eye test with appointment

Walked out of shop without purchase or test after spending over an hour waiting for prearranged eye test. Claim was that I’d been 10 minutes late but had been in their shop cubicle having eye photos/tests. Optometrist went out shopping instead and on return 25 minutes later took other customers instead who’d arrived later than me. I had intended buying two pairs of specs that weren’t part of any offer. Had similar long waits for optometrist in this shop but never had one who decided to go shopping instead of doing her job. Never again!

Jillj
Jilljasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I have had a pair of glasses for two months. I knew the script was incorrect as I had double vision in one eye. I went back a second time and I was told the script was correct. At 73, I stopped driving, and stairs became tricky. It was suggested that I may have had a mini stroke (as I had fallen). A brain scan proved otherwise. I saw a recommended private optometrist and my new glasses are perfect for distance, TV and reading. The prescription was quite different to the one prescribed by Spedsavers. They are not multifocal as I was prescribed at Specsavers. My question is - can I get a reimbursement from Specsavers?

Just me
Just me

Hi jillj
I don't work for specsavers
This is a question u would have to ask the store manager. I suggest giving them a call. Best of luck

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

See all Specsavers Retail Stores questions

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers