Specsavers Retail Stores

Specsavers Retail Stores (page 4 of 19)

Listing monitored by Specsavers

David. P
David. PSydney, NSW

No customer care

I have been a regular at Winston Hills branch for 15 years always had great service from John unfortunately he has retired, reluctantly I saw a lady there what an awful attitude she has, no personality and abrupt treating me with disrespect.
Never ever will visit this store. A friend confirmed he had the same problem. OPSM only 15 Metres away and much better service.

Anonymous
AnonymousSydney Surrounds, NSW

Helpful and Friendly

I had an eye test at Westfield Parramatta and happy with their service. A girl helped me to select frames which suites me, and she was very friendly and helpful. I am very satisfied with her service.
However, there is no waiting area upon arrival, so I had to wait outside of the retail shop for a while. That's why I gave 4 stars. Otherwise, I could give 5!

Lynda H
Lynda HPeel, WA

Crazed lenses, they honoured their guarantee

Matt
MattMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Responsible company?

So want your lenses replaced? No problem, they need to take your frames send them off to get fitted..
BUT! they take no responsibility if they break your frames or for any damage that they may cause.
Done completely and solely at your own risk...
i mean hey, they want your money but take no responsibility if they break something?

Imagine them in the building game... Yes we can build you a house, but if it falls down it wasn't our fault.

Truly pathetic.

Linda M.
Linda M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lilydale Marketplace

The girl selling the glasses was as nice as can be (sales pitch?) but the woman doing the eye test was so rude that I ended up feeling nervous. She would ask a question and then speak loudly over the top of me when I attempted to answer her. I began to feel unsure what my answers should be! Very nasty!!

Brookster84
Brookster84Brisbane

Awful service

Had an eye test in Brisbane cbd and phoned ahead to confirm. Got there 10 mins late to be advised I needed to reschedule. This was after I called ahead!
Awful service

Scott
ScottGoulburn Valley, VIC

Absolutely Woeful

Booked online for a eye test.waited over an hour post appointment time then order 2 pair glasses which I’ve had to follow up on . After a two week wait got told 2 more week wait. No messag , no communication. Never again.

Flabbergasted
FlabbergastedWestern Australia

Dont Be A Miser Buy Decent Glasses

gibsonic
gibsonicSydney

Great experience at Chatswood... AGAIN!

I was welcomed immediately, as if they knew me, and asked to take a seat. Moments later, I was having a thorough test. And soon after, a guy named Marshall went above and beyond to assist me, even though I was not buying glasses. This review is added to a review posted just over a year ago where the service and care were exceptional, too.

Thank you, Specsavers.

bob
bobSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 for one new glasses

one bifocals and one sunny s 3 weeks later and come pick up your glasses sir.
bifocals great, sunnys out of focus and I would have to wear them in?oh OK I said so 1 week later still no good so we will adjust the frame ,give that a go so 1 week later we told you you have to get used to the glasses??all in all 6 people saw me and only one offered me a pair like the bifocals which were perfect.
got new pair back 3 weeks later and were perfect so was the glasses fault in the beginning ,made me feel like a old winger and it was my fault all along, and after all this I get text that my new glasses are ready to pick ,what a joke

Poor example of customer service

Connie
ConnieSydney, NSW

Terrible

The lenses are so bad. Despite paying extra for their most expensive lenses (question whether this is what I received) - they are literally impossible to clean & it feels like I am reading through fog. It doesn't matter what lens cleaner fluid or cloth I use they are they are never clean. Just awful, they are priced less for a reason & that reason is obviously quality. Will never step foot into a Specsavers ever again.

Mika B.
Mika B.South East Queensland, QLD

Go elsewhere these guys are terrible

Bad service & the glasses are really cheap and fall apart before 1 year.
They come from the factory warped and misshaped. Staff will try to charge you for another pair when your first pair isn't the right prescription.

AndrewW
AndrewW

Disappointing

Ann
AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Second time no complaints

My first experience with Specsavers at Sunnybank was terrible, but after contact with the store, I was advised to come back and they would replace my glasses. Peter was more than helpful in assisting me to pick out two pairs of attractive frames , if they didn’t suit he told me and this was all I wanted in the first place of selling me glasses that were far to big and kept falling off ! but was told there modern which at my age I really don’t care! So thank you if I wasn’t rushed in the first place and had more assistance like Peter gave , I wouldn’t have been stressed! Take the time to help your clients!

Manfa
ManfaIllawarra, NSW

Untrained sales staff masquerading as opticians

Ali
AliPerth, WA

They rejected to serve me with nonsense reason.

Geoff Sydney
Geoff SydneyIllawarra, NSW

frustrated

Had test and 2 pair of glasses, normal bifocals and sunglasses bifocals. Specifically asked for 60cm focal length on sunglasses to read car instrument panel. Pick up day, sun glasses wrong focal length now have to wait for remake. just felt rushed and staff doing some testing that are not optometrists. Never again

Very helpful and competent staff

My first time visiting Specsavers Blacktown to look around for reading glasses, and came across these two lovely staffs who spent their time assisting me all throughout until I found the glasses I'm looking for. Kristina and France are very helpful and competent , will definetely recommend to my family and friends.

Joice
Joice South East Queensland, QLD

They lost my file and I got bullied and harassed in the store WESTFIELD CARINDALE

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Gone Rusty in just over 2 years

Purchased new spectacles from Specsavers Optometrists paid $449.00. Have had to ask for new nose pads as they turn green almost immediately, went back to Spec Savers as one arm was very loose worried about a screw dropping out. Told they are ball bearing type not screws type glasses and looseness caused by glasses going rusty? They are always used indoors and never get wet, so can only wonder if it is perspiration. I have since notice rim on right side also showing yellow rust. I can only say I have never experienced eye glasses going rusty, in the years I have had to wear glasses.

Rachel S
Rachel SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Helensvale mall specsavers- do not use them!

Ziggy
ZiggyReservoir

The kicker at the end - wait for up to 4 weeks for your glasses

I lost my reading glasses and was struggling with cheap magnifiers. So I went to a store for my one free eye test in the year and one subsidised pair of glasses.
Went right through the process only to be told at the end that making the specs could take up to 4 weeks. Other optometrists I've used over the years have taken days.
You would think they'd tell you a significant fact like that before you started.
Two weeks later and without prescription glasses it's been continued eye strain and disability.
They're a disgrace.

Jac
JacHunter Region, NSW

Very cheap frames. And I felt rushed

Optometrist gurgi? Friendly but very impatient in test made me feel very rushed. No help offered choosing frames. They were so plasticy and cheap anyway. Will go elsewhere for glasses. Lady next to me said same thing. Shame.

Gavin
GavinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Don't reply to complaints

Don't answer email or Facebook complaints. Kingaroy Store. Rude senior female staff. Did not fit glasses. Handed them back without a case.

Jillj
Jilljasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I have had a pair of glasses for two months. I knew the script was incorrect as I had double vision in one eye. I went back a second time and I was told the script was correct. At 73, I stopped driving, and stairs became tricky. It was suggested that I may have had a mini stroke (as I had fallen). A brain scan proved otherwise. I saw a recommended private optometrist and my new glasses are perfect for distance, TV and reading. The prescription was quite different to the one prescribed by Spedsavers. They are not multifocal as I was prescribed at Specsavers. My question is - can I get a reimbursement from Specsavers?

Just me
Just me

Hi jillj
I don't work for specsavers
This is a question u would have to ask the store manager. I suggest giving them a call. Best of luck

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

See all Specsavers Retail Stores questions

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers