Listing monitored by Specsavers

Jillj
JilljSouthern and Hills, SA

Two Months of Struggling.

I had two appointments for testing. I knew the script wasn't right as I was having double vision in one eye. On the second appointment I was told that the tests was accurate. "You'll get used to it"! He even suggested that I had had a ministroke. I had a brain scan - all normal. I struggled on for 2 months (aged 73), lost my confidence going down stairs and stopped driving. I saw a private optometrist who found the prescription to be inaccurate. Today I picked up my new glasses - perfect for reading, TV and driving. Not even graduated lenses prescribed by Specsavers. I just hope that I have a case for reimbursement of the $400 I forked out for a pair of duds.

Lucy
LucyWatson 2602, ACT

They have lost my sons glasses whilst being repaired

They have lost my sons glasses whilst they were being repaired. They called me in saying they were fixed, to only fine when I got there that they couldn’t find them. They have still not called me back with the glasses or a solution even after three phone calls from me in a week.

Most expensive and worst pairs of glasses I have ever owned

Store layout was fine but they kept pushing frames I had already stated I didn't like. The lenses make me feel like the floor is undulating. The frames are so badly put together my hair gets caught in them every time I take them off.

Jeni
Jeni

ripped off and disgusted

Did the optometrist appointment, paid for two pairs of glasses ($690 for two pairs from the advertised 2 for $249 range). Two weeks later go in to pick them up. One pair make my vision blurred. The solution offered? Just wear them for a few weeks until you adjust to them. REALLY? They make my vision blurred- I can’t wear them. Why would I and why should I?

Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Customer Service

Spec savers - terrible customer service

Store LocationNeutral Bay
Edward
EdwardLogan City

Its a Hearing Test Now! No!

I phone booked an Eye Test, July 9, 2021 at 1.40pm. No mention to me as , Would you like a Hearing Test today! It was just, " its a Hearing Test now" after I had checked in, I didn't have an Eye Test at all. Just pressure sales tactic, to get me to agree.
I refused, and walked out. To me its just rude, discourteous, Get Sales, attitude no matter what.
I have since related the Hearing Test Tactic by Specsavers to my neighbours. They have had the same Sales Hassle/ Hustle experience, as I did.
Specsavers have lost me as a Customer.
Not worth even One Star.

kiwi3
kiwi3Sydney, NSW

Another pair of Glasses straight to the bin 20 year old technology.

Tina R.
Tina R.Sydney, NSW

Penrith NSW Store Poor Customer Service

Another disappointment from this store. I spoke to [Name Removed] to follow up my 2x fully paid glasses that I ordered 5 weeks ago. I learned these arrived weeks ago and no one has sent me an sms nor called. I also gathered their store hasn’t been busy because of the lockdown and their Manager, [Name Removed], has failed to organise this. My family of 5 who have ordered glasses from Specsavers almost every year won’t be coming back because of a couple of bad experiences with the Penrith store.

Cathy
CathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

I made an online appointment which was easy but no option to chose how I am contacted. I rang the store at Coomera to ask that I NOT be contacted by phone only email and the staff member said they would update the file. I then get a call this morning while I am at work to remind me of my appointment and then a text as well. When I spoke to the manager, Vicky, she was very condescending. She also confirmed that there was a note so the staff are not following procedures. Don’t waste your money go where you are treated well.

Belinda
BelindaSydney, NSW

Give Spec Savers a miss

Took my elderly father in for an eye check they openly mocked my fathers name and did not put his prescription into their system so the next time we went they had no record. Thanks for absolutely nothing Spec Savers. Avoid and take your money elsewhere.

blinks
blinksAU

Specsavers don't understand that being deaf means you can't hear

I'm deaf. The Specsaver online booking page requires a phone number, but it won't let me say that I can only text, not voice call. I got repeated voice calls from them prior to my appointment. Unable to answer, I just ignored them and made sure to tell them I was deaf at my appointment (even though they already knew that from previous appointments). So guess what they do after my appointment? Yep, they voice call me again! Trying to put in a complaint, there is no email address on their website. This is the worst discrimination I have encountered in my life. And the scary thing is that Specsavers now offer audiology services, when they have absolutely no understanding that many deaf people can't talk on the phone.

SHOULDN’T have gone to Specsavers!!

Stephen
StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely unprofessional

I am a Qualified Mechanical Engineer and found this company extremely unprofessional, I purchased a pair of Frameless Glasses that virtually fell apart whilst under warranty, I took them back and they were supposedly repaired, they then fell apart within hours of getting them back, they again repaired them, unfortunately they fell apart again, so I returned to the store extremely disappointed and very angry, this time they added “Super Glue” to the repair, I was very frustrated at the fact that I wasn’t offered a replacement pair or a refund, my opinion is simple, please seek alternative options for the purchase of your glasses.

Terrible quality

Poorly finished lenses. At pickup at Forrest Hill I rejected as lenses were poorly finished. These were semi frameless frames and need to be finished. They went back to have edges polished and thinner lenses fitted. Picking up the second time same thing poorly finished still had ribs where they sit in framed glasses. The lenses were the same thickness. Waste of time I only wanted one pair of quality made glasses but they insist on 2 pairs of crap.

Jillj
Jilljasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I have had a pair of glasses for two months. I knew the script was incorrect as I had double vision in one eye. I went back a second time and I was told the script was correct. At 73, I stopped driving, and stairs became tricky. It was suggested that I may have had a mini stroke (as I had fallen). A brain scan proved otherwise. I saw a recommended private optometrist and my new glasses are perfect for distance, TV and reading. The prescription was quite different to the one prescribed by Spedsavers. They are not multifocal as I was prescribed at Specsavers. My question is - can I get a reimbursement from Specsavers?

Just me
Just me

Hi jillj
I don't work for specsavers
This is a question u would have to ask the store manager. I suggest giving them a call. Best of luck

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

See all Specsavers Retail Stores questions

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers